The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

selection headaches for round 1

Rsag85

Rsag85

IMO he tends to go missing at times when he is playing as a prop, he makes more of a impact on the edge running against smaller players (centre's & wingers) we have see that alot during his career at the Rabbitohs. 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

If Madge does choose to use Lima then i believe Sam will go back to second row, however if Lima doesn't play i think he'll take up starting prop - two options are;

8. Sam
10. Roy
14. George
15. Tom

8. George
10. Roy
11. Sam
14. Jeff
15. Tom 
ratz_man

ratz_man

IMO we cant have both George and Tom on the field at the same time 'yet', to me both are apprentices with one in George just coming out of his apprenticeship, it would be good to see both on the field smashing them, but that will be later in the year, Tom played good in the trials, but with so much experienced props in our team, i think he will go to the NSW Cup, or later on in the year have George starting and Tom going on when George needs a break. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Tom Burgess has played in the English Super league with almost 50 games under his belt, I think his apprenticeship is over. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Not in the NRL, it's just beginning 
Rsag85

Rsag85

But his brothers Luke and Sam did the same. 
botanyrabbit

botanyrabbit

i think there wouldn't be much between George and Tom atm but ESL is much stronger than NSW cup so they both will get a chance at some point. 
MadMike

MadMike

Agree I would like to see the 4 of them run out for at least 1game 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

Seriously? You guys can be good for a laugh! 
tysonmakin

tysonmakin

im so ready for this game i personally would like to see goodwin on the wing instead of everingham 
tysonmakin

tysonmakin

my team would be ...

1.inglis
2.merrit
3.champion
4.farrel
5.goodwin
6.sutton
7.reynolds
8.burgess
9.luke
10.asotosi
11.burgess
12.teo
13.crocker

bench
peats
clarke
tyrell
lowe 
pnepne

pnepne

not enough burgess 
botanyrabbit

botanyrabbit

tom or george in the front row?

agree with goodwin infront of everingham based as backup kicker 
southsport

southsport

I'd leave Everingham, he does some freakish things. 
Doyen

Doyen

17 tries in his first season----of course I'm serious---there's a lot worse than him play rep footy!!
He just has to back it up in 2013!
As for a backup kicker,we do have Issac or Merritt. 
bobbymoses

bobbymoses

Everingham absolutely deserves to be a starter,,,,did nothing but good things last year 
Rsag85

Rsag85

One prop on the bench? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

City Country 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

I suppose he couldn't be any worse than James McManus but that doesn't mean he should get selected. I doubt he's even a blip on rep selectors radar at the moment 
MadMike

MadMike

Not sure where I stand with this one but its not about if he did nothing wrong, it's about who is the better player, Everingham was safe and good but didn't stand out so to speak, Bryson has stood out in the trails and is putting his hand up, 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Maguire is a type of coach that judges players on the current performance not what they have done in the past, just look at the CS with Crocker our captain being drop to the bench. 
footydiva

footydiva

Evo hasn't done anything wrong this year. Hes been pretty consistent since he got the start. With only a 1yr contract extension and competition heating up in bunny central it will be interesting to see how 2013 unfolds. How the wings perform in defence will be the true selection tester. 
Doyen

Doyen

I know some people on here love their stats.
Goodwin's been around since 2007[80 games for 33 tries].
Everingham played a little over 20 games last year in his ROOKIE[note rookie] season & managed to be on the spot to score 17 tries!!
Goodwin's always been up & down----inconsistent! 
Doyen

Doyen

I think the way he played last season would have at least had the selectors sit up in their chairs & ask---
"Geez,who's this new fella scoring all the tries?" 
Doyen

Doyen

My team for Round 1---

Inglis.
Merritt.
Farrell.
Champion.
Everingham.
Sutton.
Reynolds.
Sam Burgess.
Luke.
Asotasi.
Teo.
Lowe.
Crocker.

Bench.
Peats.
G.Burgess.
Clark.
Tyrrell.

Lima has not had a trial so I haven't picked him.
McQueen--I would consider him only for Champion's posse for this game!! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181