The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

selection headaches for round 1

RabbitohK

RabbitohK

It screens tonight also at 7.00PM. Followed by Rabbitohs V Panthers 2006, then Rabbitohs V Tigers 2004. 
PolishRabbitoh

PolishRabbitoh

I think experience is very important and we cant have too mant debutants in the first match.

1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. Champion
4. Farrell
5. Everingham
6. Sutton
7. Renolds
8. S.Burgess
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. McQueen
12. Teo
13. Crocker
14. Clark
15. G.Burges
16. Tyrrell
17. Lowe 
botanyrabbit

botanyrabbit

I personally would still replace Everingham with Goodwin as he seems like a quicker and more solid version with the added bonus of a top quality back up for goal kicking 
DiehardRabbit

DiehardRabbit

I like Goodwin but he is a little mistake prone. Everingham is a freak, if he is not scoring he is assisting. He also plays well above his weight. Never thought he would last but he is special talent. http://forums.rleague.com/images/icons/icon6.png 
southsport

southsport

Everingham did get that ball inside for Champion to score and Goodwin dropped one when in the clear. 
Doyen

Doyen

I think you are right about Everingham.He is a potential rep player---he is reliable & has good speed.He is deceptive in size at 92 kgs & 189 cms tall---an excellent build for wing.
Goodwin is behind him,IMO! 
southsport

southsport

I think you are right doyen, unless Reynolds is injured and a kicker is required, Everingham should be selected. 
Doyen

Doyen

We have kickers in Issac & Merritt so Goodwin is not necessary. 
southsport

southsport

I think Goodwin is better. 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

1. Greg Inglis
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Dylan Farrell
4. Beau Champion
5. Andrew Everingham
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Sam Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Chris McQueen
12. Ben Te'o
13. Michael Crocker (c)

14. Nathan Peats
15. Ben Lowe
16. Jason Clark
17. George Burgess

What i think Madge will pick, and rightly so. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I wouldn't be surprise if Everingham miss out, he didn't really stand out like the others in the CS. 
runrabbit

runrabbit

An injury free Lima is a certainty, and don't be surprised to see Tom Burgess pop his head up on the team list.....he was easily ahead of George in the first trial ( IMO )..... I am hoping to see Asotasi, G B, Lima and TB as the prop rotation and Sam sent out wider to take care of SBW 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

Only reason i wouldn't have Lima is because he hasn't played yet this year, Tom Burgess could make the bench but i just feel like George would make it after the charity shield but i think it could be either Lowe or Tom on the bench. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Lima will be in the side if fit, I hope Sam Burgess plays in the 2nd row for Thursday nights game. 
Doyen

Doyen

Sam's a waste of time gunghoing his way out wide!!
Can do far more damage softening up the opposition in the engine room!! 
Doyen

Doyen

Where has LIMA BEAN!!! Asleep in his pod! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I disagree just have a look in the CS for example Tyrell and George Burgess had more of a impact on the game, in some parts he went missing during the game now go back to last year in the finals against the Raiders Sam had more of a role to play out wide. Sam is not a prop IMO he is more suited to the 2nd row or lock position 
ratz_man

ratz_man

8. Sam Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Chris McQueen
12. Ben Te'o
13. Michael Crocker (c)
this will be our starting pack, but the bench is wide open.
George, tyrrel, Clark and ???? (Peats) 
southsport

southsport

ratz, you wouldn't have McQueen on the bench? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. Champion
4. Farrell
5. Everigham or Goodwin
6. Sutton
7. Reynolds
8. Tyrell
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. S. Burgess
12. Te'o
13. Crocker (c)

14. Clark
15. Lima
16. G. Burgess
17. McQueen 
southsport

southsport

Maybe swap G Burgess and Tyrell for the early softening up period.........Burgess is bigger. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Everytime i look at it i change it, so many options....this is so good, sure put him their...or you could put 10 others their, me if i was the coach i would throw a spanner in the works and put Justin Hunt their 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I was about to put George in the starting line up but seeing Tyrell has more 1st grade exp. Then George that's the reason why I went with that choice but I would like to see Tom in there to but I like Maguire will leave him out of the side for this one. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

By the way I'm hearing the teams for Thursday nights game will be named on Monday 
Doyen

Doyen

Sam's more likely to get injured too in the backrow;jumping here,there & everywhere like a locust on speed.He tends to
hurl himself about the place with no respect for his body,especially in defence---the guy's over 115 kgs,is big,tough & hard, & IMO,is better served in the real tight stuff where he can more easily smash the opposition.He needs to play "smarter" in his own interest!!
Sam is prone to injury & when he is quiet I am suspicious that he may be carrying a niggle of some sort! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181