The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

The Streets are A-Wash with Red and Green!

Morkel

Morkel

Thank you Southsport. You know that my comments must be taken with a grain of salt at least. Nob-shiners like Bunnies are the exact reason that Rabbitohs fans are notorious amongs fans of other RL teams. 
southsport

southsport

It seems a bit strange to me that supporters of other clubs would let a bunch of Souths fans bother them. :scratch: 
Morkel

Morkel

Not so much bothered, just bewildered by the constant talking-up of the team. The closed-mindedness that Souths is the be-all and end-all not just of the game of Rugby League, but the universe. And that they and they alone have the right to brag about their team, because they've been around the longest and have won the most comps. It is hilarious to a certain extent, until you get caught up in a conversation with one.

Not all are like that, I suggest it's the exception, and most are just as likeable as the fans of other teams. But these are the ones that end up being the most visible and they ruin it for all the others. They probably don't realise it but they're doing a dis-service to their club. 
southsport

southsport

But there's people like that over a whole range of issues.........in one ear and out the other, they only ruin it because you let them ruin it. 
since56

since56

Hey Dorkel, How do you reckon the Broncos will go this year? OH, hang on, this is the Souths Forum, tell someone who cares over on the Broncos Forum, I never go there.

Your welcome! 
Bunnies

Bunnies

I can now honestly say that you make me laugh.
I've just spent 4 years living in Spring Hill, and you think we have a high opinion of ourselves.
Have you not noticed our form over the last year? We show a little pride and you attempt to show a "neutral" position by saying that nobody cares, the fact that you went out of your way to say it PROVES that you have an opinion.
You sound like another bandwagon Queensland supporter. I take it you've never been to a Suncorp match. If you want to see Arrogance at its strongest, walk to Milton station from a Suncorp game. You'd truly know arrogance if you were not so blind!
We go there and lose, not afraid to admit it. One of my happiest moments however was watching the Eels smash you, 10 mins to go, Broncos fans fled with their tails between their legs. We didn't belittle you, you know why? We know humiliation, how about you keep to yourself and save some dignity.
All we are trying to do is show some pride... now if you had any you'd be doing the same thing for your sorry squad. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Don't often agree with the sentiments of a Bunnies fan, but this is an exception. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

morkel is cut because there are no broncos flags.

Oh and he really gets cut up if someone talks up their own team and not his, he really really hates that.

:lol: :lol: 
MrFourex

MrFourex

You know what...I'm on your side guys. You're out of line here Morkel.

The Bunnies, have been just that.... to every team in the NRL for many many years. They've struggled hard for success for a long time.

I say let them enjoy it.

Wave your flags boys..... 
ratz_man

ratz_man

keep twirling your hanky mork 
Bunnies

Bunnies

Thanks Mr Fourex and Bandy, good to see some people still have their heads screwed on.
Funnily enough I got behind the Broncos for a bit while we were kicked out of the comp.
The perspective of a lot of their fans unfortunately ensured that i'd never have any positive feelings for them again.
Bandy, that game last year was fantastic, Sandow was on fire and I think it was Hindy's and Burts 2nd last game. All my mates there were Eels fans, couldn't believe how quiet Suncorp was.. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

That's cause we didn't have a hell of a lot to cheer about last year. ... Oh, you meant them pesky donkey fans. 
Morkel

Morkel

And then if someone dares suggest that maybe their religion is not quite as universal as they would like, that there are pockets on this planet that don't share their views, they go on a crusade to attack the heathens, denounce the unwashed and any other religions with conflicting views, both ignorant and arrogant enough to believe that everyone should share their view.

I am not naive enough to not know that the Broncos and their fans are mostly hated, both outside and inside our borders. But at least we're not the laughing stock of clubs' fanbases. 
Morkel

Morkel

As I kept pointing out, it's not a bloody towel, it's a god damn facewasher. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

How on earth can you say that about us, we are Australians just like the Australians up their in Queensland...no different, just that we happen to barrack for a different team. Sure we get excited at the very thought of winning a title, i was 14 in 1971, just left school and had my first girlfriend, i'm 56 now and yeah i get very excited about Souths winning it, and you know what...just having a team that can compete with any team in the comp excites me, now your broncos have had a easy passage into the nrl with all their stars and goodluck to you, but don't begrudge us from enjoying our day in the sun 
Morkel

Morkel

I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy your team. At all. And Souths is a team that has a proud history that should be celebrated. Every team has a history that should be celebrated (almost every team anyway). And arguing on a forum like this only makes fans more passionate, which is good for the game. But seriously, if you could see what outsiders see, it's a massive joke. 
Dogga

Dogga

Ahh but you see I do , you shouldn't even be in the comp. No problem with them completely disregarding the criteria that you failed on all counts and letting you back in as long as they were willing to do it for all clubs. Norths was my team and we got screwed .

So yeah I haven't got much time for Souths as a club, but most of the Souths fans that I have met before/during/after Broncs games have been pretty friendly and up for a chat about both our teams chances and league in general and just want their club to do well like we all do. 
southsport

southsport

Morkel, the original post was made in the Souths Grandstand for Souths supporters and not intended to enrage anyone else.........if outsiders think that we are a massive joke, well, like you said, ​NOBODY CARES!!!...........the outsiders may just be the real joke. 
southsport

southsport

:lol: Gee, lucky for us that your opinion means jack shit. 
Morkel

Morkel

The Souths Grandstand isn't just for Souths supporters. It is just to differentiate the Souths-related discussions from those specific to another team. The only people enraged here are the ones who take offence to someone suggesting that Souths is not the centre of the universe, at least for most people.

But I guess I should apologise, that was the best pic I could find at short notice. I should have found something that says 'nobody finds this as meaningful or prophetic as you'. But more obscure to find is all. 
Watnow

Watnow

Morkel - RALLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY TOOOWWWEEEELLLLLLLL 
Dogga

Dogga

Hahahaha 
Morkel

Morkel

Oh dear, that was one of the lamest ideas I've ever seen. Who knows if it actually revs the Broncos up or not. We certainly copped a heap of stick from the Manly supporters, was a good spectacle in that regard. Apparently we're suppose to hold on to the bloody thing and bring it along to every game. We'll see. 
southsport

southsport

Every club has supporters that think their football team is the "centre of the universe", so it shouldn't surprise anyone to find Souths supporters like that in the Souths Grandstand..........you don't have to read it, it's your choice. 
Watnow

Watnow

A lot threw them on to the ground in disgust when it became evident that Manly were going to win 

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181