The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Slater kick-----Benji's tap[or no tap]---

MrChook

MrChook

12 weeks suspension for that particular incident is just silly Saggy. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Bulldogs James Graham was banned for 12 games with a bite to the ear, now IMO kicking a guy with your studs out is worst then a bite. 
MrChook

MrChook

If Klemmer was laying prone on the ground and Slater decided to just kick him in the face I would agree with you, but thats not what happened. Consideration must be given for the particular incident that occurred. Slater stuck his foot out to protect himself, he didn't go all ninja style and deliberately try and take Klemmers head off.

If Inglis had done this would you be calling for a 12 week ban? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Protecting himself or not it's still a very dangerous move, IMO Slater knew what he was doing every other fullback or winger in the NRL keep there feet down, Slater needs to learn but he always gets away with shit like this. 
MrChook

MrChook

I tend to agree with this comment but 12 weeks is just way too harsh for the crime committed. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I see it as a worst crime then Graham's one that's why I would give it a 12 week ban. I would love to see if another player would of done it would the same result happen or will they fine them self on the side lines. 
knitey

knitey

I'd just chop off his foot, that'll stop him from kicking people.....might slow him down a bit also.:) 
southsport

southsport

It wouldn't be saggy's job to call for a 12 week ban if Inglis did it..........that's the job of supporters of other clubs. ;) 
Doyen

Doyen

3 wks would have been a perfect result for BS's crime!!!We play them on 13th April!!! 
MrChook

MrChook

Hmmm, good point old pal. Chooks play them in about 8 weeks. Yep, Saggy, 8 to 12 weeks is now ok with me too. 
Doyen

Doyen

My bid is 3 wks;you've bid 8 wks mate;surely someone can top both with a 12 weeker! 
Doyen

Doyen

QLD,as well as Billy the Kid would be HOPPING mad about his foot being severed!!!
But I would like to see the flying,stiff-legged kick to the head banned from the game forever!
I call the tactic the SLATER FLICK[a combo of "flying" & "kick"]--you give the oncoming tackler the FLICK by giving him a good swift kick to the head with a long,stiff leg!!! 
Lewis06

Lewis06

You won't be happy until league is soccer will you Nana? 
Doyen

Doyen

I'm a "baNanalander" so I definitely didn't want Billy the Flick out for 12 wks!
As I said--3 wks would have sufficed!! 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Only one place you shove bananas Nana and its not into your mouth. 
MrChook

MrChook

Kinky Lewis.

Must be a Queensland thing. 
southsport

southsport

Methinks Lewie knows a bit too much about bananas. 
Zinga

Zinga

Love It! 
Doyen

Doyen

Who mentioned anything about shoving???You seem to be fixated on such things----did you learn that on Brokeback Mtn,COWBOY??
Poor Lewie--you,I think, shove similar shaped things to bananas in your mouth!!
ROOSTER-IMBIBER!!! 
Bunnies

Bunnies

You've heard it from the best people!!! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

fastwater - sounds like a really gai idea..... you dum fook....
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181