The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Signing rumours for 2013 and beyond

SonicStar

SonicStar

At the moment there is no singing rumours to report for this season.

2013 rumour signing still remains to be Cronk at the moment. 
lardymc

lardymc

Who's gonna leave so we can afford Cronk? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Not sure but it wouldn't surprise me if Dave Taylor ends up going back to Queensland once his contract finishes. 
MadMike

MadMike

I hope not, but there's a lot of talk already, 
Nifty

Nifty

DT stated recently that he loves it at Souths, but the money would have to be right for him to stay. His biggest negative is Richo. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Dave Taylor has long expressed a desire to return to QLD to play rugby league, not only on behalf of himself, but his wife is homesick and has work commitments in and around the Brisbane area. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

The last time I saw Taylor's wife she look like she was enjoying the Sydney life and Big Dave has played his best footy in Sydney so IMO he should stay. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

There's a big difference between what one sees on TV or even in person, than what actually happens behind the scenes.
Taylor's wife is homesick, and I'd expect him to be playing in QLD, come 2013. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Well he also has to think about his career and where his best footy will be played because as we know Rugby league player only have a short period of time to play and make money. 
MadMike

MadMike

I think allot will depend on this years results, if we make the Semis that will help us, if we don't then that will help make up his mind to leave, all players want to play in the big games, 
Rsag85

Rsag85

A few of the older heads are off contract and maybe let go plus the new TV deal comes into play so maybe we might offer him a deal to good to pass down. 
dkm13

dkm13

Im working up in blackwater at the moment Dave Taylors hometown there was a story in the local newspaper before xmas how he was not returning home for xmas as he was foccussed on having a big 2012.You would think if he was homesick he would be going home every chance he gets.
IMO i would prefer Dave over Cronk theres no other foward in the world that can do the things he does although im sure there wll be plenty of clubs with offers for him hopefully we can keep him for at least another couple of years. 
MadMike

MadMike

Agree I would keep Dave over Cronk 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

It's not like Taylor is 35 years old.

Regardless of where he may play his best footy, if a player or someone they live with is homesick, chances are you go back to your home-town or home state.

I suspect Taylor will do just that. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Money is always a factor mate, you should know that by now and if someone offers you big bucks then that will out way being a little homesick. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

You'd actually be surprised to know that for a lot of players, money has nothing to do with their final decision.
For some it does, but that's generally if they have a family to support.

For others, it's about playing for a club that means something to you, and being close to your family.

As I've said above twice now, I would be very surprised if Taylor is still at Souths after this season. 
rabbitoh

rabbitoh

maybe a new coach that can help him improve as a player and a more succesful season might be what helps keep DT at the rabbitohs 
Rsag85

Rsag85

You know that's a lie, look at Sandow for example said that he wanted to be a bunnie for life then when a bigger offer come to him what did he do he took it.

Money makes the world go around dude. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

I really can't be bothered for an argument now, but why do you pick and choose what you want to emphasise out of people's posts, rather than read the whole thing?

I believe in my above post, I said SOME players choose the money.
For other players, they CHOOSE family, to be closer to them.

As I said above, you'd be surprised at the amount of players that are not in the game for the money. More than you may think.
Even then, players that do take the money, it's not only about them. Their family plays a big part in whatever monetary decision they make.

End of the day, the families have a say in it all.
Whether it's to move on for a bit of extra money to support them in the long-term, or to simply move back to your roots and your home-town, for sometimes, even less, all players have their families in mind. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

They play League to make money for there family, no one turns down a big money offer no matter what part of the world your living in and as I said before League players only have a short window of time to make there money, so if we come in with a bigger offer then any other club then I'm pretty sure he will pick the money to set up his families future in the long run over a little homesickness. Woo woo woo you know it lol 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Do the names Nathan Hindmarsh, Darren Lockyer, Corey Parker, Luke Burt, Preston Campbell (yes, he played for a few clubs, but I know for a fact he was never about the money), etc. mean anything to you?
They're just five players, that didn't/don't play the game, for the money.

Not every NRL player is obsessed with money.

Clearly, you don't know what homesick means, nor do you know how homesick Taylor's wife really is.
They did it for loyalty, and they did it, because the it's where they feel at home. 
Doyen

Doyen

If a half comes to STHS in 2013 I think it will be Luke WALSH. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

All players you have named are loyal but I'm pretty sure there are all on good money at there clubs and I'm also pretty sure Campbell got a better deal at the Titans being there 1st signing ever lol, you or me or anyone don't work for nothing you know and I'm pretty sure if you where offered big bucks from another job you would take it.

How do you know the rumour about Taylor's wife being homesick is true?

Key word in that question is rumour, maybe some fan made it all up you don't know and ever do I because it's just that a rumour that's all it is. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I think we will be fine with Reynolds. 
Nifty

Nifty

You are a dunce aren't you? Talanoa knocked back far bigger dollars to sign with Canberra and remained with us. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168