The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 4 vs Bulldogs 2013

craigcooper

craigcooper

This should be a good test to see where you guys are at. 
southsport

southsport

I'd agree with that.........maybe Clark could get a run, that would stiffen up the defence a bit. 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

Wouldn't surprise me if the whole defensive unit tightened up, he is a mean workhorse, been surprised of his omission from the team.

On another topic anybody know any turning points in the game vs Penrith that could've lead to our poor playing in the second half, i only saw highlights but noticed;

- Peats was on for quite a bit, anybody know when he came on and how long he played for?
- Farrell went off injured and he was replaced by Lowe
- Our defence was compressed so tightly to the point where the Panthers just went to their wingers for line breaks and got them 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Yea I think he should have Clark and Asotasi in the side, also move Everingham into the centre's and Goodwin on the wing IMO Everingham will do a better defence job then Goodwin 
TheMug

TheMug

Unfortunately Clark has always been 10kgs too small for NRL given the position he plays in

His hitups have always been poor

Souths do need to find a good defensive backrower to replace Crocker next season but I don't think Clark is the long term answer and I agree with where the coach has him ranked at the moment 
Doyen

Doyen

Clark is 103 kgs so not real small[Roy's only 108 this year & 106 last season--in his DOGDAYS he was in the early 100 kgs].
Personally,I prefer Clark to Roy,Crocker & Lowe at this point----a Sths Jnr as well.
I don't think Roy deserves any favours;he's a shadow of his halcyon days!!
Crocker will not get any better at his age & I believe he's slipped quite a bit.
Lowe can't seem to sustain good form for too long!
Peats' defensive work-rate is vital---we need another one or two like him who are prepared to work their bums off! 
Doyen

Doyen

We'd want to do well in this encounter.
An iffy Barba will be back[??] and they still don't have Kasiano,Pritchard or Graham so a loss would be a confidence sapper against the DOGS!! 
southsport

southsport

Pritchard is named on the bench. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Bulldogs: Ben Barba, Mitch Brown, Josh Morris, Krisnan Inu, Sam Perrett, Josh Reynolds, Kris Keating, Aiden Tolman, Michael Ennis (c), Martin Taupau, Tony Williams, Josh Jackson, Greg Eastwood. Interchange: Dene Halatau, Dale Finucane, David Klemmer, Frank Pritchard, Tim Browne, Tim Lafai. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

The thing I don't understand is Maguire drop Asotasi due to his performance in the sharks game which I didn't think he did anything wrong but then he rewards Crocker who IMO hasn't been performing at his best with a starting spot? 
MadMike

MadMike

Not following Madge's plan, 
southsport

southsport

Yes, things sometimes happen that aren't immediately obvious to us. 
knitey

knitey

Each game is different, every team is different, Madge is just trying to best utilise the skills and abilities that each individual player brings, depending on who the opposition is.:) 
Rsag85

Rsag85

And Crocker is? 
southsport

southsport

He must be. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

He hurts when he tackles 
Doyen

Doyen

I really don't think that Crocker has any more to offer than Clark.
Crocker's experience is the only thing that can possibly be keeping him afloat.
Clark is a fair-dinkum Sth sydney boy who plays his heart out every time he pulls on the red & green.Pick him!!!

Kyle TURNER[105 kgs,190 cms]is another one who has shown a lot of promise.
I would pick him over Crocker too.
These young guys need SOME encouragement! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Does give away some stupid penatly's in the game 
MrChook

MrChook

So does Luke.:D 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

So does your whole team :P 
teamnosutton

teamnosutton

And Lowe is the best at it. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Haha good one 
southsport

southsport

Sure does, he gets frustrated when under pressure. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

But then gets rewarded with a starting spot, doesn't make any sense to me 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

It seems to me that Lowe is a serial offender, he gets at least one penalty per game for 'hand on the ball' in the play the ball.
The penalty occurrs in te same place - midway betweeen Souths thirty and forty metre lines - some one hit him in the head with a brick please, does he think he's the invisible man? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168