The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 4 vs Bulldogs 2013

Rsag85

Rsag85

Big issues now with our centre's, looks like Farrell might be out with a hamstring injury and there is no King, Champion or Corrigan (??) and also some issues with players form the past couple of weeks.

Dogs will welcome back superstar Ben Barba for this one.

Thoughts on the line up? 
View all 153 comments
bandwagon

bandwagon

That would be because "some people" prefer to look at more than one game to form an opinion...... 
Doyen

Doyen

Under Madge,who seems to be able to markedly improve an individual player's game & consistency,Goodwin looks like a very wise choice to me.
He has managed to play well enough in his career to secure Test selection a few times for NZ.You don't scam that level without being able to play a bit.
To say he is 4th rate is being unfair,IMO!!
Look at what Madge has done with JS's consistency---before Madge he was much maligned for this aspect of his game & despite what Rsag says there were a number on this Forum who highly criticized his game.
I reckon if Goodwin is half as good as his ol' man he'll do me!!! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Not as stupid as that one. 
southsport

southsport

It's still only one penalty.........Goodwin's played 3 games and Souths have won all 3 of those games. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Crocker was involed in three wins right? Just because Goodwin was apart of those three wins doesn't mean his personal game was out standing.

I would rather have Champion in the centre's 
southsport

southsport

No choice.........Champion is injured. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I think he is back this week 
southsport

southsport

Then Madge will make his decision, and it will be the correct one.

It will definately be a blessing to have Goodwin in the squad when SOO time comes around. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

So you would rather have Goodwin or Champion in the centre's? 
southsport

southsport

Not at all, I am completely unbiased, but Madge will pick the best man for the job, he'll treat the situation just like he has with Roy and Crocker.

Beau is one my favourite players actually. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Inu 7 weeks..... 5 if he take the early plea.

thoughts? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Well the way I see it is Goodwin is better suited on the wing and Champion is our best option in the centre's 
southsport

southsport

Well, that's probably the way Madge will go when the time is right. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

What's the charge? 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

grade 4 dangerous throw 
Doyen

Doyen

Don't pick on Goodwin for one stupid error.
That attitude in itself is stupidity at its best!!!
He is 3 games into his career with a new club so give him a break.
One of your favourite players in Issac has,over the past few years, made a number of the most CLASSIC stupid errors of all time.
But do you castigate him!?
NO!!
What Goodwin did was just another penalty!!
Issac cost Reynolds a possible try with a STUPID action last game! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Goodwin has made errors in all three games.

The Reynolds no try against the sharks (round2) was made by the gap that Issac Luke made by holding the Sharks player, if he doesn't hold the sharks player back the gap isn't there and there will be no space for Reynolds to go though. 
southsport

southsport

I think Reynolds would have scored that try anyway. 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

Origin time would most likely be;

1. Merritt
2. Everingham
3. Farrell
4. Champion
5. Goodwin

Still a solid quality backline. 
motiveight

motiveight

However, if our 6 and 7 play SOO in 2013 who would you replace them with?

7. Peats
6. Hunt? 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

1. I doubt they will
2. If they do;

6. Hunt
7. Keary 
southsport

southsport

That's what I was thinking.

What if Sutton and Reynolds are selected?

6. ?
7. Keary. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Merritt should play for NSW Blues 
MadMike

MadMike

Farrell was training their as well 
dougyw

dougyw

Fair enough.. I hope he doesn't get a downgrade. He deserves the 5 weeks on the sideline for that. I'm sure they'll argue that Inglis jumped into it but if it he didn't put his hand between the legs, it wouldn't have happened. I guess people would have said that about the shoulder charge on Harrison last week too.

The biggest issue is that we're lucky we're not reading stories of Inglis in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. 
Doyen

Doyen

Me too--he had his ears pinned back & showed great determination.His celebration was spontaneous to say the least!!
The fact is,that in these days of replays,Issac's stupid play gave Reynolds "Buckley's" chance of scoring.
I bet he was going for the try without any knowledge in his mind of Issac's STUPID++++ indiscretion!!!
The timing of that silly penalty could have changed the entire complexion of the game & caused us to lose it!! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168