The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 3 vs Panthers 2013

Doyen

Doyen

Herein lays the answer----to some degree,anyway!Good thinkin'!!!
Would probably discover he'd made more meterage as well due to increased possession. 
professional

professional

No, it is pretty bad. Like I said, rank him next to other hookers around the NRL and he is consistently near the bottom on just about every statistical measure you could conceive of.

As for the rest, I'm not sure what you are meaning. In the last 3 seasons, Luke has started 61 of 66 games. And in that period he was played 75+ minutes of a game in 51 of 66 games. It was only really midway through last year that Luke stopped playing the full 80 since the beginning of 2010.

His workrate is poor whether you frame it in tackles/game or tackles/minute. In fact in the latter measure he is easily the worst hooker over the last 3 seasons. No other hooker has played as many minutes and made as few tackles in that period as Luke does. 
professional

professional

2012: 40 tackles/game at 96% efficiency
2011: 42 tackles/game at 95% efficiency
2010: 38 tackles/game at 94% efficiency
2009: 38 tackles/game at 96% efficiency
2008: 37 tackles/game at 96% efficiency
2007: 35 tackles/game at 95% efficiency 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Our defence must be very poor then seeing Issac Luke has been one of our top tackles the last three seasons 
SonicStar

SonicStar

No it's pretty good for the side, less tackles he's making the better he will be when we have the ball and that's his biggest strengths and it means we get the best out of it.
If he has to make large volume of tackles then his attacking game would have little impact in the game.
I don't buy into your theory that all hookers should be defensive work horse type players, the job of the coach is to get the best out of his player and utilise him in the most useful way for the team and that's for Issac to reak havoc when we have the ball and get us rolling forward.
As long as he isn't doing a Sandow and constantly leaking in tries each time a team is down our end then I don't really have any issues with his defensive workload.
It gets shared throughout the playing group and it's rare for a player in our side to have massive high tackle counts and do it on a consistent basis week after week. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

The day Penrith Panthers hooker James Segeyaro drank his way out of the South Sydney Rabbitohs

PENRITH hooker James Segeyaro has revealed why he was sacked from South Sydney - he went on a booze bender.

Segeyaro, who was cut in 2008, will face his first NRL club today.

Arriving from Cairns, Segeyaro found the fast life of Sydney overwhelming, and it took a toll.

Asked why he was dumped by Souths, where he played in the under-20s competition, Segeyaro conceded: "I had consecutive Mad Mondays.

"I had Mad Monday with Souths one week and (for the next) week I didn't turn up for work. Then I had another Mad Monday. I was 17 at the time.

"I was a country boy in the big smoke and the big city lights. It gets the better of you sometimes. I am sure others have been the same.

"Looking back, it made me grow as a footballer and a person and it improved my attitude heaps. It wasn't a good time for me. My time back in North Queensland (with the Cowboys) straightened me out a bit.

"There are a couple of the Souths boys I played with playing against us on Sunday.

"I still love Souths, 100 per cent. Always deep down I will see myself as one of the Souths boys."

Segeyaro said he was stunned to be pursued by Panthers general manager Phil Gould.

"I'm happy here, it was one the best decisions I have ever made," he said.

"When I took a phone call from Gus, I had made up my mind where I wanted to be.

"I couldn't be happier with my decision. Gus told me pretty much what I wanted to hear. Gus told me about his plans for me. I felt like I was wanted."

Segeyaro will come off the bench for Penrith against the Rabbitohs, with skipper Kevin Kingston the starting hooker.

Lively and enthusiastic, he may prove to be the Panthers' buy of the season.

"If you watch him play footy, that's exactly what sort of bloke he is," Panthers coach Ivan Cleary said.

"He's upbeat, he's cheeky, he's enthusiastic and he's been full of energy from the day he walked in here. It's what he is.

"James is only young and you can just see him getting better and better.

"He's got a good engine. He's been really good for us.

"He's been a real bonus and I think there's so much more to come from him."

After a strong opening round victory over the Canberra Raiders, Penrith fell away in last weekend's loss to Wests Tigers.

According to Cleary, the Panthers need to find a tougher mental edge.

"I guess you could call it that to be fair," Cleary said.

"It's the biggest chunk of adversity we've had and we didn't really handle it that well.

"I just felt it took us too long to adjust and we made too much out of it.

"You're going to get bumps on the road, but you should be able to ride them out.

"We just didn't quite have that hard edge that we needed in that game. It was out of character from what I've seen over the last four months." 
chaps76

chaps76

Im predicting peats will start today 
SonicStar

SonicStar

He might Madge said there will be team changes today, maybe Peats could play the full 80 minutes and Issac out all together.

You never know. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Better not. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I'd like to see Luke on the bench and coming in purely for his attack later in the half. 
southsport

southsport

Most likely you are spot-on with that strategy. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

His attack can be so potent, against a tiring defence and him with fresh legs, he would be very much a handful, it could also be the answer for the Bunnies "clocking off" at crucial times in the game. 
southsport

southsport

What would you say? Play him for 60 minutes? 
woodies

woodies

Is an ineresting thought. Depends on where the coach thinks the game is going to go, is he going to need fresh defence or does he want to hammer home for the win with fresh attack. After Souths win last week, i'd say maguire wants more attacking onslaught and no lapses, therefore Luke off the bench would make sense. 
Zinga

Zinga

Is Crocker out, Tyrell in? Peats in, Izac bench? Farrel out, Mqueen in?? 
MadMike

MadMike

I like what Madge does, 
professional

professional

:lol: Um yes it has been in the past.

In 2010 you conceded the fourth most points in the NRL.
In 2011 you conceded the third most points in the NRL.
2012 was the first year where the Rabbitohs defence actually looked strong. 
professional

professional

Well I'd love to claim the theory as my own but it is actually pretty universal in rugby league. If you play through the middle third then you need to be a hard-working defender. It has been that way for my entire life and I can't see it changing anytime soon. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Mcqueen is already in 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Would depend on the swing of the game, but certainly the last 15 to twenty of the first half, then suck it and see. 
southsport

southsport

Too hot to be playing at Penrith today.........I feel sorry for the players..........should be night games, Ch9 can bugger off. 
professional

professional

Good lord, I hope the Rabbitohs beat the Panthers. At this stage it will be the second game that I've tipped correctly all weekend. 
southsport

southsport

The other game being the storm. 
professional

professional

Yeppers. I also keep tipping the Warriors even though I know they're going to lose :P 
Rsag85

Rsag85

No it doesn't make any sense what so ever, Issac is one of key weapons in attack unlike Peats who is more of a defence player. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - In my opinion, players listed above would be worthy of selection to come up against the Knights dominated NSW team. Good luck to all tea...
boaa - Depending on finals performance Hudson may force tatipata or Allan out. Bench could be peacock sula sioasa Wilshire and noema
buckmajor - Thanks Steve, forgot to check back here lol.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168