The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 3 vs Panthers 2013

ratz_man

ratz_man

Is there anything in this? >>>>>> Will asotasi be playing this weekend? I hear that he will not be playing... 
professional

professional

You know what the stats say but you also know that such a comparison is stupid, even by your standards. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Just proving a point, that Issac Luke isn't as lazy and a bad defender as you make him out to be. 
professional

professional

It doesn't prove any point except that you don't understand even the most basic concepts in statistics, such as averages. 
Criswell

Criswell

Wow......... if you were a CEO and you needed a hooker and the only guy you could not sigh was Cam Smith, do you honestly think Issac would not be the next cab off the rank? 
professional

professional

Luke would not be the second at all. 
Criswell

Criswell

really? then who? 
knitey

knitey

Robbie Farah. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Ennis? 
knitey

knitey

Maybe, certainly more cunning and wiley. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I see yet again you are sucked into the intellectual void............ Or is that devoid? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I thought you guys were talking about saggy at first but I see we have fresh meat :lol: 
Doyen

Doyen

Peats is an extremely fit & tireless defender---if he played the full 80 he'd be into the 40+ tackles[sometimes 50] on a fairly regular basis.
Issac has added about 5 kgs to his frame for 2013 & this has slowed him down a bit,IMO!!
If he is defending as well as RSAG has said ,I can't see it!!
Peats's terrific defence puts his value to the team on a fairly equal basis to Issac,IMO! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Did you watch the round one game against the Roosters? If so then you will know what I'm talking about and he played a full 80 mins in that game. Still look sharp in attack. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Get to the back of the line Zac.......Nathan Peats. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Yeah but have look at our first two games, tackles in the middle of the field are at low numbers not only for the hooker but the prop forwards as well.

A lot of teams don't like going through the middle when playing Souths.

It's usually more likely our centres and second rowers to rack up decent numbers in defense rather than our middle men. 
knitey

knitey

Well who would want to run at a line of Burgess, much safer to try and go around them. 
professional

professional

Indeed, that partly explains Luke's low tackle count. But it doesn't explain why that has been the case for Luke's entire career. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

So true. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Do you have his tackle counts for the last few seasons? 
professional

professional

Yeah

2012: 27 tackles/game at 90% efficiency
2011: 28 tackles/game at 85% efficiency
2010: 25 tackles/game at 84% efficiency

If you rank him compared to other starting hookers in the NRL he consistently comes in at the bottom of the list, only Isaac de Gois and Aaron Payne have defended as badly (based on statistics). In each of those years he has also made fewer tackles/minute than any other hooker (although IIRC Ennis may have been as bad at times). 
southsport

southsport

At least he is improving..........I would think that in 2012 under Madge, that Souths would have had a greater share of possession over previous years and therefore less opportunity to make tackles, and his efficiency increased. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

That really isn't to bad, he's not one of those hookers that play 80 minutes every game, will spend time on the bench and doesn't even always start at hooker either. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

What is the Cameron Smith's tackle counts for the last few seasons? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181