The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 3 vs Panthers 2013

Rsag85

Rsag85

Great example why Peats should be lock and not a dummy half. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

All that wasn't just from hooker, Peats also played back row while Luke was out there in the second half. 
professional

professional

Humble suits Walsh better than Johns. Also Johns is rubbish. 
professional

professional

Which explains why Peats has a high tackle count but doesn't explain why Luke has so few. Hookers across the NRL average 30+ tackles a game, which means Luke has either discovered an ingenious way of making his tackles twice as effective as everbody else or he is just being lazy in defence. 
Doyen

Doyen

I thought that 15 tackles only, with 2 missed ,was a very low count.
Whether Peats is playing hooker or backrow he is working non-stop[& very effectively in defence]--I'm not sure how many minutes he played but his defence rate was high & spot-on!!
Sths made 3 line breaks in the game---Goodwin,GI & Peats. 
Doyen

Doyen

Issac's 13 effective tackles is well below par---Peats's rate & effectiveness far superior! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Are you changing the stats? You just told us he made 15 tackles and two miss tackles

How did Peats go in round one against the Roosters in the tackle count?

Because this is the top five Rabbitohs tackles in round one

Ben Lowe - 31
Chris McQueen - 26
Sam Burgess - 25
Issac Luke - 25
John Sutton - 23

Peats??? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

But Johns is a natural half unlike Humble. Bit strange IMO 
professional

professional

Luke made 25 tackles in 80 minutes.
Peats made 14 tackles in 20 minutes.
Not hard to do the rest of the math. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Peats is a better defensive player than Luke.

Not hard to see. 
professional

professional

This guy knows what's going on :D 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Other hookers might average 30 tackles per game, but why do you want every hooker to be defensive work horses?

Issacs strengths as a player is his attack and running game.

Limiting his defense means his attack can be more effective.

He does get tired to easily if he has to do both on a constant basis, which will lead him to slipping off tackles. Which is why he will get subbed off.

also there will be games where he will lead the tackle count or very close to it, it depends how a team tries to beat us.

Lots of teams prefer to take us on out wide and on the fringes and not go up the middle.

Sharks game for example they kept trying to go round us to win the game as did the roosters.

Our middle men didn't have to make too many tackles, not just Issac but prop forwards.

I don't want to get into the on going debate with Doyen and Rsag about Luke and Peats, they're just way too bias and only like to point out the flaws of each player to find reasons why each shouldn't be playing.

Both players ad value to the team, both should be in the team.

I'm quite happy with the make up of our team, if Issac is killing it and it's not effecting his defense leave him out there as long as possible and Peats can play back row.

If Issac is starting to tire then you slot Peats in at hooker, let Issac recharge so he can come back on and have an impact in attack.

madge knows what he's doing. 
Doyen

Doyen

My source for the stats I put up was RLW.
They had Issac as 15 tackles,2 missed.
Peats 30 tackles,nil missed. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Who made more tackles in season 2012? Issac or Peats? 
southsport

southsport

The tackles have to be divided by the number of games played. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

and minutes on the field.

He isn't going to win any debate that way. 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

Humble is a natural half. 
southsport

southsport

That's right, good thinking Sonic. 
TheChello

TheChello

I think Sonic's summation of the roles each play is spot on 
Rsag85

Rsag85

My point is that people are claiming that Issac is lazy and isn't a good defender which is total BS. 
southsport

southsport

I think it's more likely that people are saying that Peats is an exceptionally good defender. 
eastsfan

eastsfan

Will asotasi be playing this weekend? I hear that he will not be playing... 
professional

professional

No it isn’t total BS.

Luke makes close to the fewest tackles per game of any starting hooker in the NRL. He makes fewer tackles per minute (ie. his workrate) than any other hooker in the NRL by a fair margin. He tackles at a lower efficiency than just about every other hooker in the NRL.

Over the last three years only Isaac de Gois and Aaron Payne have made fewer tackles and tackled at a lower efficiency than Issac Luke.

You compare Luke to players that have played different number of games, vastly different minutes and played in fundamentally different positions. That is what is total BS. It is a silly as comparing a halfback to a prop when talking about try assists. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

IMO Peats and Issac are basically the same when it comes to defending but Issac is far great attacking player then Peats who for mine gives away silly penatly's and takes the wrong option in attack. Peats game is more suited in the lock forward position IMO. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Come on Mr Stats man. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181