The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 3 vs Panthers 2013

Doyen

Doyen

Because I think he's better value at this stage than Crocker.
His defensive rate is better,he has been regularly covering dummy half & my policy is to give the younger guy the nod if the older guy is no better.
At this point of time I believe this to be the case.
He is Madge's No.1 pick for the bench I would surmise!
I also think that JS is doing the job as leader on the field---he is affable to the refs but still manages to get his point across without upsetting them.
He is proving to be a good leader & he will always be in the team!! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

We lose our way in attack when Peats comes on and his service out of dummy half is very poor unlike Issac. 
Doyen

Doyen

We struggled against the Sharks whoever happened to be there.
Madge has said often that he regards Peats as a very good dummy half!And he does a helluva lot of work in defence. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

We look better with Issac Luke in attack and defence IMO, Peats keeps on giving bad service out of dummy half and gave away some silly penalties which got us on the back foot. 
southsport

southsport

It wasn't penalties from Peats that got Souths on the back foot, it was poor 5th tackle options when Souths were attacking the sharks goal line. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

We gave away 3 penalties back to back the ref even said to Crocker tell Peats to watch himself, gave the Sharks easy metres. 
since56

since56

I think I get Mags' strategy of having both Luke and Peats on in the last 20" - it gives us 2 very mobile forwards when the opposition pack maybe getting fatigued. It kick starts our 'go froward' and puts the opposition on the back foot. I thought Peats took a couple of poor options but he is a very busy player and gives 110% I like Luke a lot and I think he is one of our aces but he too can do some dumb things at crucial times. Both players make up for their errors with what they bring to the game, in my opinion. Once again, Madge knows exactly what he is doing.

I thought Tyrrell played well and brings genuine power to the pack form the bench. I'm disappointed with Crocker and puzzled why Mags is persisting with naming him captain when he's on the bench. It appears to me too that Sutton is the real captain out there. In fact I noticed him giving Crocker a bit of a spray at one stage over a poor option I think it was. If the boys re-group and keep to their structures and Reynolds, Inglis and Merritt fire up, we'll do a number on the Panthers. Our defence over-all was very good against the Sharks and we should have scored at least 2 more tries against them. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Two things are obvious.

Doyen doesn't like Sutton.
Rsag doesn't like Peats 
Doyen

Doyen

And Issac's brain-snap had us all biting our nails for the last few minutes.That ridiculous effort really put us in a tight spot which we were lucky to escape!!
This is not untypical of Issac & for all his very good work he has that special ability to undo it all with something very stupid!
He is a history lesson of dullhead behaviour!! 
Doyen

Doyen

You may have gathered that I'm not a fan of his at 5/8 & never have been.
Funnily enough,as a player, in general,I do like him & believe now he should be Capt. of the side! 
SonicStar

SonicStar

yeah but it's like you both will continue to chase your tail non stop over both matters.

Almost every thread turns into the same thing. I don't even bother reading it i just skip past the posts have been for some time.

You don't want him at five-eighth, not sure why you need to keep pointing that out to everyone all the time, think everyone knows by now.

Rsag doesn't want Peats in the side because he wants Issac Luke playing 80 minutes and doesn't rate Peats.

At the end of the day, Madge rates Sutton as a five-eighth, Madge rates Peats as a hooker/back rower and utility off the bench.

nothing is going to change until Madge no longer feels either are doing the job he wants. 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

Personally i'm fine with Sutton at 5/8 and Peats on the bench, but soon i'm hoping Keary will get his chance to play first grade, not because i want Sutton out but i know Keary can offer us so much with his talents. And i know for a fact Issac can be an 80 minute hooker where he is most effective. 
woodies

woodies

Great chance for Maguire to hammer home the need for discipline and mental toughness with this game.
Rabbitohs lost some of that against Sharks and they hopefully learnt a lesson even though they won.
Looking forward to a solid start from the Rabbitohs and a focus on sustained pressure.

Can't see the Panthers breaking the line too much unless everything Walsh does turns to gold. Their game is structured a lot around Walsh but when his players don't run the lines properly or rush the plays, opportunities quickly turn the run of play.

In saying that though, the Rabbitohs will want a healthy lead in the last 15 mins. because the Panthers seem quite unpredictable in their desperation plays. The Tigers had just enough points on them last week to survive a small late surge.

Should be a decent enough game to watch. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

He also got us a repeat set with a nice place kick at the end of the game just moments before, was that dull head behavior?

Look better in round one IMO because we had a 80min Issac Luke who made the most metres out of dummy half in round one. 
Doyen

Doyen

Whoops!!Have I just been moderately moderated by the MODERATOR??
I had no idea I had been overdoing it with JS.
My apologies to all[especially JS]for being so negative.
JS is doing very well at 5/8 & will probably attain IMMORTAL status in this posse!!! 
Doyen

Doyen

You have just emphasised my point---for all the great things he does he has that uncanny knack of undoing it ALL by committing something very stupid.
It's all there in the history book--you just have to read it! 
MrChook

MrChook

Its a bit like you and your thoughts on Mitchell Pearce.;) 
Rsag85

Rsag85

You are almost right, Issac Luke IMO should be a 80min player yes but I don't see the need for two dummy halves in the side, which a few people agree with my comments on this forum, if Peats is to remain in the side he should be use as a 2nd rower or lock, not a extra dummy half. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Late Mail: NRL Round Three

Matt King will return for South Sydney in the NSW Cup for the Bears. The Panthers have had a massive blow in losing Lachlan Coote. He has been replaced by Tom Humble. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Mmmmmm now where did I put it....... Wait a min..... Oh yes here it is *facepalm* 
knitey

knitey

You''l get a headache if you keep slapping yourself on the head Saggy. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Depends on how thick your head is, Knitey. 
knitey

knitey

Ah yes, a most valid and pertinent point Les.:) 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Strange to see Humble in the halves to replace Coote, I thought they would of brought in the ex warriors half Issac Johns. 
Doyen

Doyen

Some interesting STATS from the SHARKS game & it might be the reason MADGE is keen to keep PEATS in the 17!!

LUKE 15 tackles 2 missed
11 hitups for 109ms Ave.9.9 0[zero]linebreaks.

PEATS 30 tackles 0[zero]missed
9 hitups for 75 ms Ave.8.3 1 linebreak.

The defence workrate is double & faultless for Peats & the other stats more than satisfactory in comparison to Luke!!! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

boaa - Depending on finals performance Hudson may force tatipata or Allan out. Bench could be peacock sula sioasa Wilshire and noema
giggi.delo - With notable players missing such as Ponga,O'Hara,Dressler,Garner etc.... This is what I could salvage of the remaining QLD team.This in ...
buckmajor - Thanks Steve, forgot to check back here lol.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168