The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2 vs Sharks, 2013

Doyen

Doyen

I have agreed that JS looks to be playing well;& he is!!However,we don't too often create an overlap with speedy service,hence a fairly big dependence on kicking to create tries! I can't help seeing also that he is basically playing a running forward's game which a number of backrowers with ball skills could achieve.
I don't think it's good enough really & going back to the beginning of last season I don't believe Madge was happy either.He was then chasing Maloney strongly & also had a chat to Carney, as he identified 5/8 as a probable weakness.He obviously had plans to move JS back to the forwards.However,he now does have a structure in place which heavily includes JS!!
So I suppose we'll roll along like we are now until the wheels maybe start to wobble or another player, such as Keary, knocks so loudly on the door that Madge will have to open it to him!!! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Both example where before Maguire took charge as head coach , I believe he is very happy with Sutton as a 5/8 if he wasn't then Keary would be playing first grade already or we would of signed another 5/8.

Why do you think Maguire said no to signing Finch? Because he was very happy with Sutton performance as a playmaker. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Isn't this being debated on another thread? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

It 's on every thread ratz_man lol 
Zinga

Zinga

I thought our attack has taken a step forward this year. Some of those backline moves vs the Rooters were magic! I am really impressed with the way Sutton is hitting in defence and how strong his running the ball, I would keep him where he is for now! 
southsport

southsport

Gotta agree with you Zinga, it will be interesting to see how the team progresses. 
Doyen

Doyen

I thought Madge did actually woo both Maloney & Carney.They were both worried that things would be too tight under him.

Carney definitely said that he was worried about things being too strict.The Sharks were prepared to give him some slack!!

EDIT.You're correct on Maloney--he signed 14 mths before his first game with the Roosters!
EDIT 2-No--Madge was already with STHS when they were negotiating with Maloney--Maloney knocked us back on the grounds that HIS style wouldn't work under Madge!

We were pushing hard for a new 5/8 at the time. 
Doyen

Doyen

JS will be kept at 5/8.We are winning; although I think we struggled against a side in turmoil in the Sharks! 
bobbymoses

bobbymoses

Cronulla have an extremely good pack and bought very well over the off season,,,,,, turmoil is in the papers. They will win more than they lose once they get a bit more settled in their combinations. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

buckmajor - Thanks Steve, forgot to check back here lol.
Bull66 - Anyone going to have a crack at naming the Qld 16 team ?
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168