The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2 vs Sharks, 2013

knitey

knitey

You were a bit short on Burgess.......you'll be better next week.:) 
TheChello

TheChello

I must be watching the wrong game if anyone thinks Goodwin went alright last night. He defused one bomb and made one good tackle from memory. He makes a clear break with Inglis on the inside unmarked and Merrit on the outside, yet he dummies and gets tackled - that isn't a good centre. He is a winger, at best. I'm sure Farrell in the same position would have done a whole lot better.
Lima was strong tonight, his running and defence were great - he dropped a couple of balls. George was the same, played well and looks the goods this year. Gave away two silly penalties which is a blight. Our discpline last night was very poor.
Sutton was the standout player, really impressive. Peats is a strong defender but I don't like him from dummy half, service too slow.
The first two tries were well thought out. The way we set up for those tries, I thought, could capitalise later on in the game with the ball going to the runners instead of kicking. The sharks defence would have been wary rushing up early and would have sat back a little, making this option a good one. Didn't really see that at all.
Overall an ill-displined performance but managed to win. 
southsport

southsport

Well if Goodwin played so bad they'll have to pick Corrigan. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Walker, Buckett and Waddell. 
Doyen

Doyen

Both tries from kicks!
Sutton continues to play as a forward & does not have the necessary speed or the skill as a 5/8 to set his backline alight.
This is why we are struggling to service our outside backs with quality ball & hence the reliance on kicking.
Carney created more opportunity for his backs in a side that is struggling with all sorts of internal strife..If he had been our No.6 we would have had a much slicker & creative service to our outside men & not the necessity to rely on kicking.
I agree that JS played well but we can't continue to play this style of RL if we wish to attain the highest result!! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

He isn't a centre. That's his problem. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

What about that Merritt shoulder charge? 
MrChook

MrChook

Grub. 20 week ban is in order. 
southsport

southsport

They're not ready for first grade. 
southsport

southsport

Well if Madge thinks he is a centre, he is a centre. 
southsport

southsport

:lol: 
bobbymoses

bobbymoses

Old news now but Tupou was not square and hand his hands on the guy playing the ball,,,,Chicken and the egg,,,,but look should not have grabbed at him ,,,although almost every play the ball something similar happens,,,,, 
Doyen

Doyen

Goodwin is NOT a centre---he is a backup utility[mainly wing] player---we have better players than him to make up our backline.To me he was a player obviously out of position. 
Doyen

Doyen

That try will be knocked back every time on video evidence---you just don't do it when your team looks like scoring;which we were.
This type of thinking doesn't happen with Issac,unfortunately--it's a definite problem!!
He's the type of player that will win you a GF but also lose one!! 
Doyen

Doyen

If you're going to use a SC that's the situation.It did save a try!! 
Doyen

Doyen

I think you nailed it with GOODWIN---he is a winger AT BEST!
If you think Peats's service is too slow you'd have to say that JS is in the same category!! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I agree with you Goodwin was out of position and you could tell that by the way he played the game in attack & defence. 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

Well, I've seen everything now, Doyen and Raggsy agreeing on something - cut my legs off and caaall me shorty. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

It's the first sign the apocalypse is upon us :lol: 
MrChook

MrChook

I agree with Doyen & Saggy, Goodwin is not a centre.

We're all screwed now. 
Zinga

Zinga

2 points is 2 points, we would have lost that game last year! 
SonicStar

SonicStar

It's obvious he's not a centre and should be on the wing, he's a finisher.

But to try and blame him for Gordons try is a bit much considering all the missed tackles that lead up to it. 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

Gosh, what an unexpected triumvirate 
Doyen

Doyen

We are a very special triumvirate as was the
Pompey,Crassus & Caesar one & also Augustus,Mark Antony & Lepidus.

The Great Gladiator of Sth Sydney fame was friends with such!!!! 
TheChello

TheChello

Doyen, we all know about your feelings about JS at 5/8 but surely you must agree that he played well the other night. I don't think he stifles our attack. Would like to see some more offloads and his supports running into holes rather than the man..
Goodwin slipped in the Gordon try but he was not to blame, there was some dreadful awful defence prior and after his slipping which should've prevented a try. It was his other play that worried me. Corrigan is not the answer at centre, McQueen would be a better option, he has a step and has a bit more pace than people give him credit for....The young bloke mentioned might be too early for him but has a lot of people wrapping him so who knows.
I'm not sure why Madge is sticking with Goodwin at centre. Swapping him with Everingham is also not the answer as Everingham's efforts in the centres last year weren't too flash either. Perhaps he is giving Goodwin another chance. I have a lot of faith in the coach. I see King is back with the Bears this week and maybe on the cards for a call up, if goes ok, against the Dogs. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181