The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2 vs Sharks, 2013

chaps76

chaps76

I thought sutto was our best tonight,he really stepped up when needed in the second half. 
bobbymoses

bobbymoses

Very scrappy but a win non the less. Poor discipline ,,,,,, still would prefer Clarke to Peats any day. Thought George Burgess was great. Lima dropped two balls but was strong. Fifth tackle options and stupid penalties nearly cost the game. McQueen again 110%. Everingham good also. 
southsport

southsport

What do you blokes think about the two disallowed tries? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Goodwin also miss a tackle which lead to the 1st try and the 2nd sharks try came from a Goodwin error, his a winger not a centre IMO 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Lets move on to the panthers 
southsport

southsport

I didn't see any fault of Goodwin in the first sharks try and I'm not sure about the second either. 
dkm13

dkm13

I haven't watched a replay yet but didn't Goodwin pretty much blow two tries one of which lead to Ryan running away to score. 
southsport

southsport

Panthers 3pm Sunday.........Sam will be back. 
Doyen

Doyen

Issac's brain explosion stuffed Reynold's try---how stupid can a player get!! 
Doyen

Doyen

Issac's penalty was blatant & wrecked AR's try & could have easily cost us the game---some guys still haven't learnt that there are cameras about!!Reynolds would have scored anyway but that's no excuse for Issac!!The try was doomed from the moment Issac impeded the opposition player.I'm not sure who impeded Carney[Goodwin,I think].The sad part is that both tries would have been scored fair & square!!Madge will be upset with those 2 efforts. 
southsport

southsport

I'd have to watch replays before I could be definate about the decisions. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Maybe in patches.....

There was one patch where he dropped the ball twice and missed a tackle leading up to Ryans try

....all in the space of 3 mins.

That wasn't very good. 
chopper6

chopper6

Lima makes his metres and tackles efficiently.

I love our current pack, we may have lost DT but Teos mobility is useful with such a big pack. The Burgess boys are all proving to be first grade quality front rowers so far and when you add in lima and Asotasi ahead and you've got some meat at your disposal.

Teo and McQueen are strong mobile balanced edge forwards. Its a huge defensive strength for us they move like centres and help create our push to slide from in to out.

You also have an abundance of great middle third defenders in Clark Lowe Crocker Peats to keep the middle tight. 
Woofy777

Woofy777

I can't believe Goodwin dindnt pass the ball to inglis when he made the break.... It would have been game set and match 
chopper6

chopper6

He's a finisher not a provider. Id rather them play McQueen there if Champo is injured. We can always bring in tyrell and co. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

18 hit ups for 158 metres
missed one tackle all game, big deal it had no effect on the game at all.

He was very strong up front.

Not sure what game you were watching, did the broncos try and sign him or something and he said no? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Issac was trying to give more time for Reynolds to get the kick away on the last, a good kick would have got us either a repeat set, try or kept the Sharks down their end of the field with just over a minute remaining.

Reynolds wouldn't have scored that try if Issac didn't hold back Tupou from marker.

The gap was only there because Tupou wasn't able to come across to cover, not sure what you were watching there.

We didn't need to go for the try, we just needed to try and get the ball back or at least keep them down that end of the field for the remainder of the game. 
dkm13

dkm13

So we're 2 points in front and we don't need to go for a try??what a gee up. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

1st try to the Sharks, Goodwin goes up to make a tackle on Gordon but misses and falls over which leaves a gap for the try to be made.

2nd try to the Sharks, Goodwin knock the ball on when we where attacking the sharks line that knock on results into a try for Beau Ryan. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Not with less than 2 mins left while down in the sharks end, gaining the ball back should have been the number one priority.

its all that needed to be done

not only did the sharks get the ball back they also got a penalty which gave them a good shot at snatching victory.

Tries were hard to come by last night, it's all about playing smart 
southsport

southsport

That's what I said at the time, that they just needed to roll it into the in-goal and get back possession from the drop-out. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Lots of players missed tackles for that try, hard to blame it all on goodwin. 
southsport

southsport

Exactly. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

The gap was made because of Goodwin, he isn't a centre 
southsport

southsport

A bit hard for anyone to stop that try once it got to that point. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168