The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2 vs Sharks, 2013

michael.tull

michael.tull

Clarke is a much better defender than Lowe - who struggles to get good 1st contact on the bigger players. Clarke is a defensive machine in the middle. He's my pick for lock.

Issac Luke played 80 v roosters but didn't need to run to often. Against a team with better defence - ie when metres are harder to come by - he made need to take more runs. And if he's run a lot then he gets tired, mistakes follow etc - which is i guess why Madge wants a dummy half on the bench. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Rabbitohs v Sharks - Monday 18th March, 7:00pm, ANZ Stadium

Rabbitohs: Greg Inglis, Nathan Merritt, Dylan Farrell, Bryson Goodwin, Andrew Everingham, John Sutton, Adam Reynolds, Jeff Lima, Issac Luke, Roy Asotasi, Chris McQueen, Ben Te'o, Ben Lowe. Interchange: Nathan Peats, Michael Crocker (c), Dave Tyrrell, George Burgess, Jason Clark, Justin Hunt

Sharks: Michael Gordon, Jonathan Wright, Ricky Leutele, Matthew Wright, Beau Ryan, Todd Carney, Jeff Robson, Andrew Fifita, Isaac De Gois, Ben Ross, Luke Lewis, Wade Graham, Paul Gallen. Interchange: Chris Heighington, Jon Green, John Morris, Anthony Tupou

LATE MAIL
RABBITOHS V SHARKS

The Rabbitohs have been forced to bring in Jeff Lima to start in the front row for the suspended Sam Burgess. It could also see George Burgess spend more time on the park. The Sharks have not made a decision on their extended bench, with much bigger worries to deal with at the moment. 
southsport

southsport

I'm happy to see that Lima wasn't lost to injury this week, he'll be needed. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

What happened to Champion? 
southsport

southsport

Shoulder injury.........4 weeks. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Thanks. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park, Monday 7pm (AEDT)
Last meeting: Round 24 2012 - Sharks 20 bt Souths 7 at Sharks Stadium
Head-to-head: Played 87 Souths 39 Sharks 45 drawn 3
Referees: Jared Maxwell, Adam Gee
TV: Live, FoxSports 1
TAB Sportsbet: Souths $1.26 Sharks $3.75
FootyTab: Sharks +8.5
AAP writes: The preparations for this game from both sides could not differ further. Souths have an 11-day turnaround following their impressive win over Sydney Roosters and although key forward Sam Burgess is banned, they have enough depth to compensate for the loss.
Cronulla on the other hand have lost their coach and backroom staff as the club threatens to implode following the ASADA investigation. Interim coach Peter Sharp will take the side once again, with the return of Shane Flanagan, who has been stood down, still unknown.

Key: The Sharks played on adrenalin and emotion to get over the Gold Coast last week, but will they have the mental strength to climb over an imposing-looking Souths side?

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-preview/south-sydney-rabbitohs-v-cronulla-sharks-20130313-2g0no.html 
Rsag85

Rsag85

What does everyone feel about our bench on Monday night? I'm guessing Peats, George Burgess and Crocker will be safe and Hunt will be one of the two who will drop off the side. So it's between Tyrell or Clark, who gets a run and who miss out? 
tysonmakin

tysonmakin

i would much rather clarke he played well in the CS 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Have to consider the opposition :lol: 
Rsag85

Rsag85

You wouldn't want four props in the side? I think Clark should be in the side ahead of Lowe but that's just me. 
TheChello

TheChello

The Sharks still have a very good side and won't be easy to beat by any stretch of the imagination. Much has been said about all of the emotional issues surrounding the club in recent weeks but they are professional players and should be focussed once they cross the white line. It will be their mental ability which will be the issue for them to overcome. If we get a roll on early they could find it tough mentally to come back. However, in a close game, they will gain confidence of causing an upset.
they have some very good experience and strike players. We need to be equally if not better than them in the mental side of things to win this game.
Interesting to see how Lima continues to perform after his impressive display, off the bench, in round 1. Good replacement for Sam who will be missed as he played strongly in the first game. I'm not sure who will be our bench players but feel that Clark and Hunt will miss out. I've never been a big fan of Lowe but he played well last week and, by all reports, has been training well in the off-season so deserves to hold his spot. Must be tough to crack this first grade side and Clark is ready to pounce should anyone, including Crocker, drop their form.
This game, although only round 2, will be a good preview to our chances this year as invariably we do seem to struggle to win games we are expected to win. it's a real test to see where we are at in this area. 
knitey

knitey

Good luck tonight Wabbits.:) 
Morgues

Morgues

Agreed. Good luck tonight, try not to flake. ;) 
chopper6

chopper6

If we hit the lead early I can see the Sharks falling apart dramatically 
ratz_man

ratz_man

phewwwwwwwwwwwwww !! 
southsport

southsport

Strange game that one.........Souths have gotta do better than that. 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

Maguire shouldn't have taken Isaac Luke off - Souths lost all direction.

Lucky to win -Tyrell and McQueen played well., I thought. 
knitey

knitey

Lucky Wabbits........very,very lucky. 
since56

since56

Have to agree about leaving Luke on, Peats took some poor options I thought. Then again, he wasn't the only one, poor last tackle options, ill discipline and giving up possession. Yes, lucky to get away with that one. still I'm tipping a big improvement to roll the Pantsers next week. 
Nick22Bronco

Nick22Bronco

Didn't play anywhere near what they are capable of but came away with the 2 points. Impressive. I only really go back to the days of Craig Coleman playing halfback but i think Reynolds could be the best halfback to play for Souths for a long long time. 
southsport

southsport

I have to agree, I was glad to see Issac come back on.........but the mistakes started before Peats took to the field.

The halves need some communication, how many times did they fail to kick on the last tackle?

Very happy with Goodwin's game. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Crocker and Peats made some poor options during tonights game and both gave away silly penalty's, also Goodwin is not a centre and tonight proved that.

Lima was really strong again tonight. 
southsport

southsport

I was happy with Goodwin.

Not happy with Lowe........gave away the penalty and then missed the tackle for the sharks first try. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168