The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2 vs Sharks, 2013

Rsag85

Rsag85

No Beau Champion and Sam Burgess, also some injury's to Lima, Tom Burgess, Tyrell and Clark but they might be ok with the long turn around. 
View all 109 comments
southsport

southsport

They're not ready for first grade. 
southsport

southsport

Well if Madge thinks he is a centre, he is a centre. 
southsport

southsport

:lol: 
bobbymoses

bobbymoses

Old news now but Tupou was not square and hand his hands on the guy playing the ball,,,,Chicken and the egg,,,,but look should not have grabbed at him ,,,although almost every play the ball something similar happens,,,,, 
Doyen

Doyen

Goodwin is NOT a centre---he is a backup utility[mainly wing] player---we have better players than him to make up our backline.To me he was a player obviously out of position. 
Doyen

Doyen

That try will be knocked back every time on video evidence---you just don't do it when your team looks like scoring;which we were.
This type of thinking doesn't happen with Issac,unfortunately--it's a definite problem!!
He's the type of player that will win you a GF but also lose one!! 
Doyen

Doyen

If you're going to use a SC that's the situation.It did save a try!! 
Doyen

Doyen

I think you nailed it with GOODWIN---he is a winger AT BEST!
If you think Peats's service is too slow you'd have to say that JS is in the same category!! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I agree with you Goodwin was out of position and you could tell that by the way he played the game in attack & defence. 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

Well, I've seen everything now, Doyen and Raggsy agreeing on something - cut my legs off and caaall me shorty. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

It's the first sign the apocalypse is upon us :lol: 
MrChook

MrChook

I agree with Doyen & Saggy, Goodwin is not a centre.

We're all screwed now. 
Zinga

Zinga

2 points is 2 points, we would have lost that game last year! 
SonicStar

SonicStar

It's obvious he's not a centre and should be on the wing, he's a finisher.

But to try and blame him for Gordons try is a bit much considering all the missed tackles that lead up to it. 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

Gosh, what an unexpected triumvirate 
Doyen

Doyen

We are a very special triumvirate as was the
Pompey,Crassus & Caesar one & also Augustus,Mark Antony & Lepidus.

The Great Gladiator of Sth Sydney fame was friends with such!!!! 
TheChello

TheChello

Doyen, we all know about your feelings about JS at 5/8 but surely you must agree that he played well the other night. I don't think he stifles our attack. Would like to see some more offloads and his supports running into holes rather than the man..
Goodwin slipped in the Gordon try but he was not to blame, there was some dreadful awful defence prior and after his slipping which should've prevented a try. It was his other play that worried me. Corrigan is not the answer at centre, McQueen would be a better option, he has a step and has a bit more pace than people give him credit for....The young bloke mentioned might be too early for him but has a lot of people wrapping him so who knows.
I'm not sure why Madge is sticking with Goodwin at centre. Swapping him with Everingham is also not the answer as Everingham's efforts in the centres last year weren't too flash either. Perhaps he is giving Goodwin another chance. I have a lot of faith in the coach. I see King is back with the Bears this week and maybe on the cards for a call up, if goes ok, against the Dogs. 
Doyen

Doyen

I have agreed that JS looks to be playing well;& he is!!However,we don't too often create an overlap with speedy service,hence a fairly big dependence on kicking to create tries! I can't help seeing also that he is basically playing a running forward's game which a number of backrowers with ball skills could achieve.
I don't think it's good enough really & going back to the beginning of last season I don't believe Madge was happy either.He was then chasing Maloney strongly & also had a chat to Carney, as he identified 5/8 as a probable weakness.He obviously had plans to move JS back to the forwards.However,he now does have a structure in place which heavily includes JS!!
So I suppose we'll roll along like we are now until the wheels maybe start to wobble or another player, such as Keary, knocks so loudly on the door that Madge will have to open it to him!!! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Both example where before Maguire took charge as head coach , I believe he is very happy with Sutton as a 5/8 if he wasn't then Keary would be playing first grade already or we would of signed another 5/8.

Why do you think Maguire said no to signing Finch? Because he was very happy with Sutton performance as a playmaker. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Isn't this being debated on another thread? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

It 's on every thread ratz_man lol 
Zinga

Zinga

I thought our attack has taken a step forward this year. Some of those backline moves vs the Rooters were magic! I am really impressed with the way Sutton is hitting in defence and how strong his running the ball, I would keep him where he is for now! 
southsport

southsport

Gotta agree with you Zinga, it will be interesting to see how the team progresses. 
Doyen

Doyen

I thought Madge did actually woo both Maloney & Carney.They were both worried that things would be too tight under him.

Carney definitely said that he was worried about things being too strict.The Sharks were prepared to give him some slack!!

EDIT.You're correct on Maloney--he signed 14 mths before his first game with the Roosters!
EDIT 2-No--Madge was already with STHS when they were negotiating with Maloney--Maloney knocked us back on the grounds that HIS style wouldn't work under Madge!

We were pushing hard for a new 5/8 at the time. 
Doyen

Doyen

JS will be kept at 5/8.We are winning; although I think we struggled against a side in turmoil in the Sharks! 
bobbymoses

bobbymoses

Cronulla have an extremely good pack and bought very well over the off season,,,,,, turmoil is in the papers. They will win more than they lose once they get a bit more settled in their combinations. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168