The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rabbitohs Rookies

Rsag85

Rsag85

Season is just around the corner and I would like everyone take on which rookie in our squad will make there debuts first? 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Tom. 
rabbitoh

rabbitoh

buckett 
knitey

knitey

More Burgess:P 
knitey

knitey

Souths' extra Burgess [HR][/HR] Date
February 3, 2013

Adrian Proszenko

THERE is yet another Burgess boy at South Sydney. And he's also a forward.

Souths could well have five players with the famous footballing surname playing in the NRL one day after signing up teenage star Sam Gerrey-Burgess.

But unlike Sam, Luke, George and Tom, the latest acquisition isn't part of the clan.

''It's a coincidence actually. You've got Sam Gerrey-Burgess and the Burgess brothers,'' Gerrey-Burgess said. ''A lot of people give me looks when they find out my name, but there's no relation.''

Advertisement
Not that it's stopped namesake and Great Britain international Sam from playing on the name.

''We have a bit of a joke when I see him,'' Gerrey-Burgess said. ''He's seen my name a few times on papers in the gym and he scribbles it out. He jokes and says, 'I am the real Sam Burgess'. It's all good fun.''

The latest Burgess, 18, made his mark playing rugby at St Ignatius College, Riverview, where the Maroubra product caught the attention of talent spotters from the rival code.

''Luckily for me a few Souths scouts were at the game against King's and asked me and my mate to come up and trial with them,'' he said. ''I've stayed with them since and chosen league over union. In union I was playing centre but in league I've made the switch into the middle, anywhere in the forward pack. I've got much more respect for the [forwards] than I did before.''

He earned a Souths contract and will push for a spot in their National Youth Competition side.

Gerrey-Burgess, 106kg and 188cm, is likely to defer a commerce degree at Sydney University. The son of an Aboriginal father and Fijian mother has a traineeship in the National Australia Bank's financial marketing department.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/souths-extra-burgess-20130202-2dr9h.html#ixzz2JmL6YI92 http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2JmL6YI92

See I told you so. http://www.clicksmilies.com/auswahl/huepfen024.gif 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

I have a feeling Keary will play Round 1 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Kyle Turner is my dark horse I think he's going to be a big surprise this year 
SonicStar

SonicStar

played SG Ball last year 
PolishRabbitoh

PolishRabbitoh

Waddell if he plays well in the trials. 
MadMike

MadMike

Big chance with Farrell & King injured 
since56

since56

Watch out for Chris Centrone. And Keary will be busting down the door. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Centrone can play in the centres? I hear he is one of the fastest players on the rosters. 
southsport

southsport

You beat me to it PR. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

He's the player I'm most interested in watching play.

Has had all the raps through his career but injuries have been cruel to him, I'm not getting my hopes up or anything but if he kicks on and stays injury free would be a massive coup. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I wouldn't rule out Buckett. 
MadMike

MadMike

Same here 
Doyen

Doyen

My hunch is that Keary is the best of the bunch & hopefully will play well enough to grab a posse in the halves--5/8!! 
handyman2190

handyman2190

i agree but he has massive psychological problems and needs to overcome them before he does any good,i was watching them training he got hit in the ribs and went winging to madge about getting hit too hard, madge told him to get on with it and not worry about it, he has had so many injuries its playing on his mind 
Doyen

Doyen

My question would be---"Is he going to be any better for all the injuries he's had over 4 yrs or more?"
The answer is almost certainly NOT!!
His body makeup is weakened physically & he is psychologically scarred.
If he thinks the training hits are rough,what's he going to be like in a game??
"Hey ref!![cough,cough]That Kasiano bloke hit me too hard!!"[cough,cough]. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

try not to talk about Keary, you might upset Morkel. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Haha doyen you're one funny guy 
professional

professional

Are you his psychiatrist? Seems like a breach of patient confidentiality to be divulging this information online. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

And why do you say that? 
Zinga

Zinga

I would say Keary, he looks the goods. 
Doyen

Doyen

As I said;it's a hunch!!
I've heard nothing but terrific reports on him.If he's anywhere near as good as these reports, he will be a big improvement on our present custodian at
5/8.Speed is the essence in his regard!!
I'm just as excited about who, hopefully,will then line up in our backrow[lock]! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168