The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

North Sydney Bears 2013

Rsag85

Rsag85

Round one

Bears 38 (Keary 2, Centrone 2, Waddell, Hunt, Starling Tries; 5 goals)
defeated
Bulldogs 16 
annav3

annav3

are you sure goodwin scored the goals? he was sitting behind me with Roy Asotasi and Matt King 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Copied and pasted, the result off Facebook 
botanyrabbit

botanyrabbit

it could have ben the other goodwin behind you? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I read there where a few injurys to Tyrell, Clark and Tom Burgess.

Also Keary was the stand out for the bears along side Koroisau. Doyen will be happy with that 
southsport

southsport

If the forwards don't stop getting injured, Keary might get his chance at 5/8 with Sutton in the back-row. 
knitey

knitey

Oh dear, looks like you've lost another Burgess. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Guess its time for replacement stock from the UK 
knitey

knitey

They really need more Burgess now. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Tom Burgess return to the game in the 2nd half. 
annav3

annav3

I think I can recognise Bryson Goodwin. Your goal kicker for today was Apisai Koroisau 
Doyen

Doyen

Keary will have a picnic in that grade!!The other K. will too! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

From reports they where both outstanding, if they continue with that form I guess both will play some 1st grades this year 
annav3

annav3

what is the contract status for young keary? 
annav3

annav3

[h=2]THE BEARS START 2013 WITH A WIN[/h] 9th March 2013 | by John Schmidt | http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/bea-news.html Back to Full List of Articles North Sydney started the 2013 VB NSW Cup with an impressive victory, after a big second half at Belmore Sports Ground. The Bears fielded a strong team against Canterbury with Justin Hunt, Jason Clark and Dave Tyrell and Tom Burgess all wearing the black and red in the 38-16 victory over the Bulldogs.
Tom Burgess didn’t make the initial impact he was hoping for, dropping the ball with his first touch of the game. The Bears weren’t made to pay for the error, as the Bulldogs knocked on soon after.
Canterbury fullback Gerard McCallum didn’t last long after a late hit forced him off the field, with Nathan Massey deputising in his absence. The Bulldog’s weren’t deterred by the early reshuffle as Tim Lafai drew three defenders and threw a one handed offload to Brett Lane, who crossed in the corner for the opening try. Halfback Trent Hodkinson missed the conversion and the score stayed at 4-0.
Josh Starling’s chargedown handed Bears possession inside Bulldogs half, after a good defensive set. Bears halfback Luke Keary’s great high kick, in between two Bulldogs defenders, bounced perfectly for new centre Greg Waddell, who stepped inside Massey to post the first points for the Bears season. Apisai Koroisau, graduating from the Rabbitoh’s under 20’s, missed the conversion and the scores remained level.
The Bears made in two tries in two minutes after the Bulldogs gave away a penalty. Keary went down the short side from dummy half and gave the ball to hooker Koroisau who cut out two players with a bullet pass to Chris Centrone, who done well near the sideline, to spin out of Massey’s tackle and score. Koroisau couldn’t convert and the score stayed at 8-4 to the Bears.
Tim Lafai looked impossible to tackle after he broke six tackles in a 40 metre run, before being held up inches short of the line. The Bulldogs had the visitors on the back foot and had a massive overlap to the right, which Hodkinson exploited with a pinpoint kick hitting winger Brett Lane on the chest, but Lane somehow fumbled with no-one around him as he tried to plant the ball down.
The Bears were again on the attack inside the Bulldogs half after a Hodkinson drop ball from a scrum feed. Koroisau was once more in the action as he elected to pass on the last tackle to Josh Starling, who looked to be held up by five defenders, but got an arm free to score between the posts. Koroisau made no mistake with the conversion and extended the lead to 14-4.
However, the Bulldogs hit back in the final minutes of the first half. Hodkinson sent centre Ed Murphy through a gap and drew the fullback but Starling dragged down his support player, Josh Gill. Hodkinson was looking dangerous as his pass put Lachlan Burr in a hole and the backrower stretched out to score. Hodkinson’s conversion made it 10-14 going into halftime.
The Bears came out firing in the second half and regained the advantage through a smart set play. Koroisau passed to Keary who gave a quick inside ball to a flying Justin Hunt who busted the defense down the middle of the park, Hunt drew the fullback and Luke Keary backed up well and a strong fend saw the halfback on his way to the tryline.
Keary again showed his speed and agility minutes later, as he stepped his way through three Canterbury defenders to score back to back tries. Koroisau’s third conversion in a row shot the Bears out to a 26-10 lead.
The Bears were looking confident as the attacked the Bulldogs, they threw the ball out to the right before shifting the ball sideline to sideline, which created an overlap for Chris Centrone to score his second of the afternoon. Koroisau slotted the conversion from the touchline to make it 32-10 with just over 15 minutes left in the game.
It wasn’t all smiles for North Sydney as Jason Clark hobbled off the field soon after with an ankle injury. However, Keary’s no-look inside ball had Bears fans cheering as he found Hunt, who crossed over the line untouched. Koroisau’s conversion extended the lead to 38-10 with 5 minutes remaining.
Bulldogs scored a late consolation try after a bust from impressive backrower, Lachlan Burr. Burr’s break and offload led to five-eighth Joel Romelo’s try to end the game. Trent Hodkinson converted to make the final score 38-16 to the North Sydney Bears.
Coach Wayne Lambkin was happy with his sides first hit out of the season, “We talked at halftime about keeping out down the middle, keeping in control and the breaks will come eventually and that’s what happened straight after halftime, which was really pleasing. Luke Keary really showed his ability in the second half and what he is capable of, Justin Hunt was good at the back, Starling’s first half was outstanding and Api ( Apasai Koroisau) playing 80 minutes in the heat, first game out of the under 20’s was good as well.”
Wayne was optimistic despite the potential loss of players through injury, “We’ve got Tom Burgess and Jason Clark carrying ankle injuries. We may have to introduce a few new forwards next week and I look forward to that”.
NORTH SYDNEY 38 (C Centrone 2, L Keary 2, G Waddell, J Starling, J Hunt tries, A Koroisau 5 goals) def CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN 16 (B Lane, J Romelo, L Burr tries, T Hodkinson 2 goals).
FINAL TEAM TO TAKE THE FIELD
1. Justin Hunt
2. Jordan Tongahai
3. Mitchell Buckett
4. Greg Waddell
5. Chris Centrone
6. Darren Nicholls (C)
7. Luke Keary
8. Tom Burgess
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Josh Starling
11. Kyle Turner
19. Dave Tyrrell
18. Jason Clark
12. Bennett Leslie
13. Jesse Roberts
14. Brad Lupi
15. Greg Nichols
Coach: Wayne Lambkin

http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/20130309-mr.html 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

Someone mentioned we signed him for this year and next year as well, but i can't confirm it. Hopefully we can hold onto him, he's a keeper.

Too bad about the Doggies tonight Anna, just got a bit outclassed by JT, had a good dig though and did better than i thought. 
annav3

annav3

he is a bright young talent :)

thanks JT totally outclassed us, his form at the All Stars match was great looks like he is continuing on with it 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

Definitely hope we can keep him, i see him and Reynolds guiding us deep into finals in the next 5/10 years...

I think he'll be up there as one of the players of the year, should go far with the Cows... 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Keary is a gun 
Rsag85

Rsag85

You want him in the side for round two? 
robrabbit

robrabbit

Sure is hopefully he is the next player we see have their contract extended beyond this year.

And I want to see the workaholic Legend Madge's contract extended asap. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Why was Goodwin left out of the side? 
Doyen

Doyen

Yeah,probably--you know my thoughts here!!
He could turn a very good side into a great one at 5/8!!
JS should be in the forwards & capt.of the side on the field---I've changed my mind re. Burgess as Capt.for the time being!!
Crocker,it remains to be seen if he can permanently cement his place in the 17! 
Doyen

Doyen

Goodwin is not as good,IMO,as some of our up & comers.He is back-up! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

You would think he will be in the bears line up unless he is injured? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181