The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Injury reports

Bunnies

Bunnies

JFC!!! (abrreviated so christians dont get offended), shall i shoot myself now, How do we lose another forward. Does this sound familiar to the backend of last season? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Peats medial ligament strain... 2-4 weeks 
Bunnies

Bunnies

Thats pretty damn saddening, He looked great on monday. I was soo glad to finally see some of him. Looked very luke/crocker like. Could be a fantastic hooker/lock sub. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

It looks like the first diagnosis was well off and he has been responding pretty well the last few days and won't miss much footy if any now. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

How is Sam's ankle? Did Roberts get injured? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Roberts got a cork forearm. At first was suspected broken forearm but just a cork.
Looks like Burgess broke his ankle, may need a op and will have scans. 
jwebst04

jwebst04

Fark me, we are getting light on in the props department.

What are our options? George Burgess, Dave Taylor

Jake Shearer from North Sydney

Do we need to hit the market? Manase Manukafoa would come cheap, Joel Clinton, wheres Craig Stapleton? 
ratz_man

ratz_man

PNG forwards come veryyyyyyy cheap 
PWD

PWD

No no.. our brains(less) trust will just put another backrower up front. We love paying top dollar to ruin careers. 
Bunnies

Bunnies

George Burgess has to move up, glad both peats and roberts are ok. Hope they will be fine for sharkies. Bloody rediculous we lose Sammy! 
chaps76

chaps76

Roberts played well 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Said it before and I'll say it again, jeez you guys get some bad injuries. Most teams seem to have to put up with a cork or a strain or something like that, whereas you guys seem to cop acl's and broken bones. How's George go? 
Doyen

Doyen

Burgess was going well at prop & will now probably be slowed down by injury even when he recovers.He should stay at prop when he returns in 2012.Taylor should also go to prop starting next week against the Sharks & stay there as well.Sandow would have scored the try he did last night-nothing to me justifies his size being used the way it is now!Every blue moon he does something reasonably spectacular but that's just not good enough IMO!!Burgess was a great young prop starting out for the POMS a couple of years ago before someone in their wisdom decided to give him the softer option out wider.To me he's much better as a genuine prop!!! 
Doyen

Doyen

By George I think you're right!Give him a guernsey laddie!!Yes!I'd promote big George & watch him rise to the occasion!! 
PWD

PWD

Doyen, Burgess has been playing injured- he hadn't fully recovered from his shoulder injury- it's very noticable in defence. I've no doubt Burgess will eventually be a fulltime Prop, but right now is the wrong time. He is quick enough to play on the fringes still, move him up front when he loses some toe when he hits his late 20's.

I don't know what we were thinking letting J.Lowe leave, he would of stayed for peanuts. We have been lacking in the Prop department for to long. 
PWD

PWD

and I thought Alcott was supposed to be the bee's knee's of recovery?

We haven't turned up fit for a season since we made the finals a few seasons back. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

How is his ankle? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

I don't think our players drink enough milk 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Options for Props
Pettybourne - Better of in the 2nd row
G.Burgess - needs work better i think he might get a shoot
Astotasi - Starts anyway
McPherson - Waste of time
Ross - come off a 2 year lay off
Taylor - he has stated that he hates playing as a prop so idk
Tyrell - Maybe 
SonicStar

SonicStar

You said Ross was a terrible signing and he has been one of our best players week in week out. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Yea thats the same guy who let one of the dogs players run right pass him cheers mate maybe next time
He cant tackle for sh#t someone got to tell him you have to tackle the player not watching him go pass you
Ive got a feeling he might be the next man on the injury list 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Topped the Souths tackle count on 33 tackles and missed 0
made 116 metres.
Been consistent like that through out the season tell me another bench prop that makes those numbers?

once you dislike a player you never say a good thing about them, you didn't even give Ross a chance you wrote him off before he had even played a game. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Watch the game again man and look at Ross number 14 on his back mis tackle on Ben Barba in the lead up to the try to Turner 72min my dislike on players are for a reason Sonic 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Shouldn't dislike any of our players...
Ross has been one of the best buys of the season and probably the best money value buy in the comp. 
rabbitohs123

rabbitohs123

Burgess? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168