The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Dylan Walker - Player Facts You Should Know...

footydiva

footydiva

You all witnessed a small glimpse of this emerging NRL star of the future on Friday night. But what a lot of people are asking is who is this kid?

Well I can tell you.

Dylan has all the skills and discipline to emerge to the highest levels of the game. He can honestly do everything and has a good work rate on and off the field.

Only just 18 he caught Maguire's eye the first pre-season when the former ESL coach rocked up to Redfern.

POSITION
A natural five 8 Dylan can play anywhere in the backline. And I mean anywhere. He's also had stints in Second Row and Hooker in juniors because of his natural size, but he is most comfortable in the halves directing traffic.

RUNNING GAME
With great speed and footwork this kid has the pace to go the distance. He just has the instincts to know when to run the ball. He's energetic and accelerates instantly with aggression. What I also like about him, his size allows him to take on the BIG BOYS and he knows when to pass or draw if he thinks he'll get caught! He makes big yards and often does a little show then goes!
KICKING GAME
Dylan is a crafty kicker and makes good decisions to set up a try or put the team in great field position. Short or long, straight or curved he has the right touch for the right play. He can also hit those 40/20s Ive seen him hit 3 in one game. The best fun fact about this kid is he is ampedextrix? Yes he can kick goals with his left foot. WTF? But you won't see him doing it much these days as he'd probably get benched for doing it!

PASSING GAME
Dee is good with the ball and hits the mark 90% of the time. He also knows when to beautifully hold the ball up. Give him the ball and magic happens.

REPS
Has always played representative football with the skills to succeed to the highest levels. Was a contender for NSWU16 selection but missed by 1 vote mainly because selectors prefer to choose existing combos. He actually didn't play for NSWU18 as the opener for Origin. Again selectors chose Shannon Crook. Big mistake in my books. His break came when he finally signed for Souths U20s so he'd get a look in at Schoolboys. He made Australian Schoolboys and actually played hooker because the coaches didn't want to disrupt the Moses/Brookes combo.

LIFE AS A BUNNY
This young gun is well liked by his peers at Souths. And his skill level has really surprised the senior players. He's had one niggling injury with a broken thumb/hand which kept him out of finals for 20s in 2012. Then he re-broke the same hand during pre-season. He only got back on the field at training after Return to Redfern trial. So a tremendous effort to get a run in 2 trials. Esp Charity Shield!

The kid is still GREEN and will continue to mature as gets more field time. But he's got a good footy brain and all the talent, size and strength to break into first grade sooner than expected.

Doyen

Doyen

I'd pick him at centre! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Future superstar no doubt about that but he still very young, I would like us to play him in the NSW cup first before making that next big step. 
since56

since56

It seems at long last we have some real depth in the halves, I hope we can hold on to them all for the seasons ahead. Very exciting times for the Bunnies, I'm predicting a Storm/Broncos type dominance for the next 5 years. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

5/8 ????? :lol: 
footydiva

footydiva

I'd be interested to see where Madge rests him. I hope he plays him at Norths to keep working combos with boys. He'll play in halves with Keary if he puts him there.

I'm disappointed with u20s recruitment. They looked light on paper when announced. The game on Friday just confirmed my suspicion. I don't like seeing Souths let go great Junior talent and seeing them kill it else where! That's just got to stop. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Which position do you think he will end up? (In first grade) 
Doyen

Doyen

His prime posse is 5/8 but he has versatility due to his size,speed & skill! 
Doyen

Doyen

If Keary doesn't get a fair go he'll be off----only a year on his contract left. He qualifies as a Qlder[he's in the Emerging Maroon's squad] so he won't be too worried if he's chased by the 3 clubs north of the border!Those 3 clubs will probably require a good half come 2014. 
footydiva

footydiva

It's anyone's guess really. It's too early to tell. Maybe centers in short stints to start?

Sut, Reyno, Keary & Walker have been paired working together in the pre-season & they were all kicking in warm up Friday night. The young guns were planned to have a stint in the halves for Coffs & Shield, but the way both games panned out they shifted Walker to Centres, which was a good revelation.

No doubt Keary will get first look in but in seasons to come there will be stiff competition here.

Either way both players are quality and will be sort after by other clubs. 
botanyrabbit

botanyrabbit

At the end of this yr we will lose King 200, Crocker 300, Asotasi 500, Corrigan 60? and i asume we are still paying Talenoa 150 somthing. a rough estimate but about 1.2mill in cap and it has risen this year. This money should be used to sign up all our young tallent and secure maybe 1 more good player if needed. 
motiveight

motiveight

Asotasi signed a new contract he was on 450 K. Maybe he is 700K a year.

Some people have no idea yet post crap all the time. 
runrabbit

runrabbit

He would be lucky to have resigned at 450 k and 700 k is way way off the mark ......he has been injury prone and his market value dropped 
motiveight

motiveight

The 700 was not a serious figure- this crap keeps getting posted about Roy being on 500K. 
footydiva

footydiva

Lol...everyone's a supercoach thanks to fantasy league! 
TheChello

TheChello

thanks for the insight into Dylan, appreciated. 
footydiva

footydiva

No problems. Always like to profile the unknowns. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181