The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Ben Te'o talks to Rabbitohs TV

Doyen

Doyen

He seems like a very pleasant,intelligent young fella--quite impressed!
I read an article yesterday where he agrees with the decision on the shoulder charge as it is in the interest of player safety.He also said that he was intending to eliminate it from his game in the future anyway.
He reckoned that most coaches didn't like it at all anyway & discourage players to use it!!Low % play which was more harm to the team than its worth! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I think we are going to see some great things by Te'o this year and I like he's comments about training so far saying it's been tough under Maguire.

I disagreed with he's comments about the shoulder charge hopefully the NRL see the light and bring it back before the season does start. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Banning it [U]was[/U]​ seeing the light. 
Doyen

Doyen

The shoulder charge is an extremely low % play & any smart coach will instruct his players to leave it alone whether legal or NOT!!
Teo has seen the light as it was this that landed him in trouble.
He appears to be the type of fella that wouldn't have been particularly chuffed with the result of the Groat affair!!
GI seems to have seen the light as well.
The new law won't be repealed! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Might as well play Rugby Union, if you don't like big hits 
Rsag85

Rsag85

What will they banned next? 
Doyen

Doyen

I don't watch the game waiting for someone to get smashed.
Do you watch the Bathurst Car race sweating on a big pile-up because it gives you a thrill??
I wouldn't think so!
I'd like to see RU scrums though in League! 
Doyen

Doyen

Farting on the I/change bench should be banned! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Make the game boring to watch, when we see a big hit in the SOO everyone talks about it the next day right? So let's banned every single big hit and turn it to touch football or even worst rugby union.

I don't watch car racing not my cup of tea. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Nice joke just like banning the shoulder charge. 
Doyen

Doyen

Watching car racing is like watching paint dry--I agree there!!
How about some decent scrums??!!
Aha!!Ban scrums!
How about banning refs & playing BUNG Rules--now THAT would be thrilling--anything goes--last man standing wins!!Open slather,except carrying weapons!!
If the game has evolved to the point that it requires such things as shoulder charges to prevent tedium,than we ARE in strife!!
Will it really be BORING to you without the SC?? 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Big hits haven't been banned, that's an over reaction, they will now just require a better technique. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

You can basically get a similar injury from a big hit and a shoulder charge, two bodies at force coming together is basically go to have the same result, but how many serious injurys have come from a shoulder charge being performed? 
MadMike

MadMike

I like watching the cycling for the pile up. . . Lol 
Lewis06

Lewis06

More bleeding heart bullshit. Souths supporters are usually fairly down to earth, you are living in fairyland. I can see your pink wings flap with every key you strike on the keyboard. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Players know the risk in performing the tackle but the shoulder charge that was made a example by the media was the Inglis one on Dean Young and was he seriously injured or did he play the next week?

There are risk in everything, just look at Yow Yeh he had a far worst injury then any shoulder charge retailed injurys, so are we going to ban jumping up in the air? You see how silly this rule is going to make the game now? 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Love big hits with skill and technique. Any one can shoulder charge, not everyone can execute a proper big hit. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Even Sandow?

Glory Glory To South Sydney

A rooster is just a male chicken 
Doyen

Doyen

Rsag;they've banned it for some reason mate!!
Maybe,by some chance they believe there is intent in the SC to do some severe damage to another human being as compared to a genuine accident in Yow Yeh's case!!We haven't banned jumping but we have banned tackling an airborn player.
Of course there are going to be genuine accidents---in every game played,I would imagine.How many games would be played where nobody cops some degree of injury??!!None!
Teo has intended for a while now to improve his game by outlawing himself from engaging in a useless,high-risk tackle!
Good on him--he's sensible--unlike other persons I could mention here--but I won't!!
WILL YOU CONTINUE TO WATCH RL WITHOUT THE SC & WILL YOU BE BORED SHITLESS?? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I was using the Yow Yeh as a example on how stupid the banning of the should charge is. Can you name a player who has been seriously injured from a shoulder charge from last year Doyen? 
Doyen

Doyen

The guys that were smashed last year & in previous years won't know until they're[possible]walking zombies 40 yrs down the track!!Dementia hits 20 yrs earlier!!?
That's the concern re.the severe concussions caused by heavy contact.The RL can now say[on DRS advice]that they did show a duty of care to their players by banning a high risk play.All the players know it's high-risk & that's why 99% wouldn't take the punt.It was only a small % of idiots prepared to roll the dice!It was blatantly obvious to the RL that it was just a matter of time before it went very,very,very wrong!!
They weren't prepared to take that risk & you shouldn't either.
What would you rather have--a busted leg or a scrambled brain???
ARE YOU GOING TO STOP WATCHING?? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

All of that and you didn't even answer the question, how many players where seriously injured from a shoulder charge last year? If the tackle is so bad then a high % of players will be injured from it right? 
MrChook

MrChook

You changed the question. 
Doyen

Doyen

The point is that the SC[or any front on HIGH contact]has a great potential to do massive damage.As mentioned;concussion injury will hit a person later in life.Surely you have the nous to see that point!Concussed players have very serious injuries,you just can't see it like a broken leg.

There has been much public outcry about it[including from Drs]so the RL has taken a risk assessment & decided that it is in their interest to ban it.

This has happened with other aspects of the game--eg.tackling an air-born player.

As Ben TEO has intimated,he is quite happy to abide by this decision as it will protect him as a player & others as well.That is a sensible & mature attitude to have.

The RL will look after its own long-term interests & not necessarily the ghoul sitting in the safety of the grandstand or his couch baying for blood!!!
Again;will you stop watching the game?I think not! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

allflex - Would anyone know if the annual U/15 Brisbane Stingers v u/15 Brisbane Broncos Development Team is happening this year?
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181