rleague.com

Ben Te'o talks to Rabbitohs TV

Doyen

Doyen

Go COWBOY----go!!!
Or should I say "loser" cowboy?? 
MrChook

MrChook

:lol:Lewie the Fly....that nickname might stick. 
Doyen

Doyen

I'd love to see Lewie the Fly land on that sticky fly-paper stuff----gob first would suit me!!
Maybe then smack him quite roughly with a heavy swatter!!

Should be a ripper of a game in a couple of weeks!You blokes are looking very good. 
MrChook

MrChook

As is your team. I predicting Souths Top 4 again this year, hopefully the Chooks aren't too far behind. 
southsport

southsport

Aren't the chooks favourite with the punters to win the comp? 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I like the thought, but I think maybe 6 or 7 for us.

Unless we change our game plan. 
Doyen

Doyen

Some concerns for me are--
*Unimaginative game plans.
*Too much reliance on GI & Luke to spark the team.
*Backline probs[mainly centre].
*Reynolds--2nd yr syndrome.
*Lack of speed & creativity at 5/8.
* Props--iffy here with Roy's history & Lima new from SL--our depth in this area is reasonably "rookie." 
handyman2190

handyman2190

good points there doyen and thats why JS time at 5/8 will be limited watch for keiri or webster 
MrChook

MrChook

I haven't seen that market. The bookies have rocks in their heads if they think we're favoured to win it over Storm or Dogs - they'd be shortest priced for mine. 
Doyen

Doyen

Rooster well-backed & firming but still,last I read,at $24.You'd think they'd be right in there to make the 8 at least! 
southsport

southsport

I don't think it was the bookies, I think it was the punters that were backing them a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/roosters-star-recruits-draw-punters-20130209-2e55j.html#ixzz2KWFGsDrT 
ratz_man

ratz_man

The questions i keep asking myself is'Are we a better team than last year? How much better? And how much better arethe teams that beat us in the Semi-finals [U] [/U] 
southsport

southsport

I'll tell you in September. ;) 
MadMike

MadMike

I think we are a little better then last year, more so as our defense should be a little better, 
MrFourex

MrFourex

To me that was the difference in Souths last year. Their defence had stiffened up a bit compared to years before. Bunnies were always capable of putting on points, but leaking them just as easily was the end problem. If the rising trend of keeping out the opposition continues, I can see them going further. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Losing Sandow will do that to you. 
MrChook

MrChook

I think the bunnies are about the same as 2012. The only major change is T'eo for Taylor. Inglis will be brilliant as usual and Souths will win some games purely on that.

You guys were ordinary against the other Top teams last year but your final game against the Dogs showed enough early on that they can lift when they need to, until that was up to when it all fell down when your half did his hammy.

Reynolds is the key to your season. If he suffers from 2nd Year Syndrome the Bunnies will go backwards. If he kicks on then so will Souths. 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

I think Sutton had his best game ever last night and I think he would be devastating at lock with Keary at five eight along side Reynolds. 
motiveight

motiveight

Souths had an easier draw in 2012.

Madge would be wanting the team to step up in 2013 against the top 4 teams.

I reckon the team will. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

At 5/8 
Doyen

Doyen

Yes!!At 5/8,& we still struggled against a very ordinary side.
I hope Madge shows some imagination with his selections in an effort to improve our side even further.
Sutto looks like he could even play prop these days---he's certainly slow enough!!
When Keary came on the contrast in slickness was stark! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Keary come on with 20 to 15 minutes left of on the clock ofcourse there will be some type of spark with fresh legs on the field. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

I would love to see Keary get a few full games this year at half or 5/8 depending on injuries or if he puts Sutts in the pack, we have a big team and Sutts at 5/8 (at the moment) makes our team that much bigger, but Keary would add alot behind a rampaging giant forward pack. 
motiveight

motiveight

Did Souths struggle against an ordinary side in the CS?

Or were Souths playing at 65%?? 
Doyen

Doyen

Possibly!! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181