rleague.com

Back 2 Redfern line up?

Doyen

Doyen

Good little player,ROMELO!! 
Doyen

Doyen

It's classed as a rep game!
What would the guys in this game be trialling for???Most are Test & SOO players;or budding ones such as Peats!!
Nearly all are automatic selections for their clubs & top rep selection.
What are they trialling for if not for higher rep selection!
These guys don't play in trials such as the RTR!
You basically answered your own question by mentioning Slater,Cronk & Gallen--they don't have to prove a thing---it's not a trial for them!!
It might not be on the level of a SOO or a Test but easily as prestigious as representing City for eg!!
The Indigenous players are representing a race of people---REPRESENTING!!ie rep football.
It is a rep game--officially!!Even you Rsag can't change that!! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

It's a trial 
Doyen

Doyen

A trial for what??Please explain!!
What team are they trialling to be selected for? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Dude most of the players don't take it serious but they take playing for NSW, QLD, NZ and Aus real serious, big names wouldn't be pulling out of those games but they do in the all stars trial game.. IMO it's just a game to make money and some ratings for channel 9. 
MrChook

MrChook

I'd class it as an exhibition game. Not a trial. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Looked to me like the Indigenous boys took it plenty serious 
Doyen

Doyen

The game goes on a player's CV as a rep game!
It could be marketed like a SOO game---I'm sure the Indigenous players would love that!!
They would fight to the death for their race against the best of the other Aussie born players,not including the Poms or Kiwis!!
Go to Nathan's profile on our official website & see what it says under his rep honours! 
Doyen

Doyen

The players wouldn't have pulled out if fit to play---how do you know Rsag that Slater,Gallen & Cronk don't have concerning injuries??
If you know the meaning of the word trial you wouldn't give the ALLSTAR'S match that tag!
Don't forget to visit Nathan's profile on the STHS official website & check his rep honours. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Slater pulled out of the All stars game and played in the trial for the storm the day before I believe (I might be wrong)

I'm sure all three would of played in a SOO or test match, if you don't then you have rocks in your head mate. 
Doyen

Doyen

You should note that Issac hasn't been deemed good enough to make an ALLSTARS match, whereby Peats has played in two!!
The 3 mentioned may have played if they were fit enough.
Dr.RSAG--did you check their fitness! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Fans vote which goes go into the side for all stars the talent pool would be bigger with Australian and Kiwi players involed, Indigenous talent pool is much smaller and the proof is with the Romelo and Waddell being pick in the side.

So your saying Gallen, Slater and Cronk wouldn't of played a SOO or test match? 
Doyen

Doyen

Not if injured!!
Good to see Sths go to one Captain.
Maybe the writing is on the wall for King & Roy.Madge now won't have the embarrassment of dropping a Capt. from the side.
Roy has plenty of opposition from some good,young props now & he will have to battle hard to take a spot in the firsts!
Ditto for King!
Crocker is obviously held in high regard & is the best choice.He has players breathing down his neck too but it appears he has worked especially hard pre-season to put himself in this position. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

It was interesting to hear Teo say how surprised he was at the toughness of Souths pre season training, sounded blown away. Sounds like we're ahead of the Broncos on that one. 
michael.tull

michael.tull

Cameron McGuiness will get over all of them in a year or two. He's the goods.

Peats was great is all stars - from hooker to lock & tons of effective defence in both spots. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Cameron McInnes 
Doyen

Doyen

If it's not a rude,personal question;what does RL sponsor of Luke Keary, or any other player mean, & what does it entail?? 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168