The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Adam Reynolds turned to video tapes of Mitchell Pearce before making his NRL debut

TS_Quint

TS_Quint

And yet I would bet that if he had a blinder you would be talking about how he played so well in a rep game.
Also...it's not a trial, it's an exhibition. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Reynolds did get injured in the last game of the season but come on, he did a hammy FFS, it's not like he was returning from a knee reconstruction :lol: 
MrFourex

MrFourex

You have to admit Reynolds was quiet

The whole NRL allstars team sucked ...tbh.

Cam Smith was probably the pick of them. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

You're not wrong.

Reynolds was bad, but he was better than Shaun Johnson. 
MrChook

MrChook

One bright note for you TS - Sticky's been working Hayne over in the gym in the offseason. He looked huge!! 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

He never said it was a trial.....he said it was a trail! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Reynolds wasn't great last night, but he didn't have much time on the field and didn't see much of the ball IMO.

Mason was pretty good at the start of the game for the all stars..... The worst well I can pick a few Uate, Benji and Cam Smith 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

If he didn't see much ball that's another black mark for him. He's the half back, he's supposed to be controlling things out there and should get the ball when he wants it. Personally, I thought he had enough game time to to show something but he didn't look as self assured as what he does for Souths. I have a feeling he might have been slightly overawed by the whole situation. 
Bunnies

Bunnies

It really looked to me that in the time that Reynolds got out there he was on mostly a distribution role not play making. That Mateo pass would have come off a lot better if the tard was actually watching the ball and defender rather than turning his back for those 'amazing' flick passes. He would have come off a lot better if he just focused on catching the damn ball.
I admit Reynolds could have done a little better but with the way the Allstars were performing, giving up penalties and lack of possession and field position etc.
He really didn't get much opportunity to show what he can do. Especially with ball hogs like Marshall, Hayne and Smith. Smith would pass the ball to a back rower the first 3 tackles, run it on the 4th then kick for the 5th. The backs rarely saw the bloody thing.
meh... was glad the indigenous side won but was definitely the least exciting Allstars match to date.
I also believe that Reynolds was pretty solid in defense. He'd get out there and make 3 solid tackles in a row. Got shimmied off a few times but really got stuck in there! 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

So its Mateo's fault that Reynolds threw him a pass that arrived at the same time as GI? That's good one! 
professional

professional

Reynolds has always been in a distribution role rather than a play-maker. Even with Souths his role is essentially kicking and organising the team. His ball-playing and play-making are well below average, he sets up almost all his tries off kicks. 
MrChook

MrChook

Pearce has been accused of that over the years too. Hmmmm. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

My mistake.
Carry on then Saggy....happy trials. 
Bunnies

Bunnies

Not specifically. G.I got up really quickly too to his credit. Just saying Mateo was equally at fault imo for being ill prepared. 
MadMike

MadMike

It was all GI doesn't matter who pass, GI just read play well 
Doyen

Doyen

If Reynolds plays as well as last season I'll be happy.
Forget about this game--the Indigenous side were focused for the game & the NRL side weren't.He didn't have much of a chance to shine! 
SonicStar

SonicStar

I think Pearce needs to watch video tapes of Reynolds to learn how to kick and keep your opposition pinned down in their own half. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He hasn't done it any other year why would 2013 be any different ;) 
MrChook

MrChook

Do you mean straight down the fullbacks throat all game? Oh, yeah except the one where he kicked out on the full. Reynolds short kicking game was on song but his long kicking game for field position was quite poor.

You guys had position for much of the game due to our constant ill-dicipline and incomplete sets. 
footydiva

footydiva

Pfffft Reynolds has watched plenty of tapes. More likely Lockyer tapes. Watching Pearce tapes would have been more likely to pick apart Your dud no7 flaws...which the sooki princess has plenty!

Go cry to your daddy Wayne to get your jersey in origin..coz it's certainly not earnt on form... 
SonicStar

SonicStar

lol can't even give credit were its due, his kicking in the second half wasn't as good, probably not having bandages covering your eyes would have helped.

he was getting repeat sets, we scored tries off his kicks and his kicks kept you down your own end made huge difference to the game 
southsport

southsport

That's what I was thinking.........after the bandages went on the bombs started landing in the in-goal. 
james2

james2

Good try Mr Chook....even blindfolded he outplayed Pearce. 
MrChook

MrChook

Guess you can't read too well. I gave credit to his short kicking game ya pelican. 
footydiva

footydiva

Either way you look at it Mitch had no game last night... To critique Reyno is a joke in comparison to your no7 non existent kicking game! --THE END-- 

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181