The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Adam Reynolds turned to video tapes of Mitchell Pearce before making his NRL debut

Doyen

Doyen

Si Senor!!What you are saying is correct,IMO!!The only thing I would question is the "shortened" bit.
eg;Alfred could be a fat boy & attract the nickname of "hippopotamus;"which is a longer version!!!???Although that is completely divorced from the proper name,of course.I've heard "Alfredo."
Robert will get eg;Bob,Bobby,Rob,Bert--which are all nicknames.
Anything different to the exact PROPER name is a nickname!!
That's how I see it anyway! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Does it help you attract models? 
professional

professional

Great player 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Who calls you "mum" :lol: 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Back in high school I used to hear people say "Ya Mum" to me a lot.
I figured they were saying it as a term of affection. 
Doyen

Doyen

Pearcey!!!Gee---reminds me of "ME" in my younger days!! 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

Well that first half performance by Reynolds has certainly ended the argument.....the kicks straight to the fullback, the poor passing including nearly putting poor Feleti Mateo in hospital, the lack of a running game all proves that he has been studying Pearce rather than Cronk! 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Definitely should be the NSW halfback 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Reynolds can't do much when he is on the bench for most of the game and when he is on they give it to Benji who isn't offering much. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Be interesting to see how people defend him :p 
professional

professional

Only one game tbh, everybody is entitled to a shocker occasionally. Having one in front of a national audience is a tough blow for him. 
knitey

knitey

He should spend less time studying Pearce.lol. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I was talking hypotheticals if he played for NSW and put In a Pearce-esque performance ;) 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Pfft Watching Pearce helped him get souths to the finals ;) 
knitey

knitey

That was last season......tonight he has been average. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I wonder if second year syndrome will strike? 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

I don't expect him to do much when he is on the bench, but when he is on the field, I don't expect him to continually kick the ball straight to Ben Barba all the time, or to put his ball runners under pressure with poor pass selection. 
Doyen

Doyen

The Indigenous Allstars have 3 of the best players in the NRL.
The best player is JT,then Barba,Smith & GI in that order!!
Barba is absolutely brilliant & will probably win the Golden Boot this year if you go on tonight's performance! 
MrFourex

MrFourex

:lol:

Yep.....based on tonight, studying Mitchell is doing him harm. 
professional

professional

He has probably been studying halfbacks other than Cronk and Pearce but just hasn't told anybody about that yet. Probably got tapes of Grant Rovelli stashed away somewhere ... 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Boom :lol: :lol:

and LOL at people judging the form of players on trial games as well.

Cameron Smith was ordinary, better drop him from the QLD side now. 
professional

professional

I agree. Should help the Storm immensely. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Have people forgotten that Reynolds did get injured in the last game of the season for the Rabbitohs and it is a trial after all, not a real rep game. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Tpee - Yes Unlucky for Central Crows I was at this game this team has done exceptionally well for boys who can't train on a regular basis due to...
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168