The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Adam Reynolds turned to video tapes of Mitchell Pearce before making his NRL debut

knitey

knitey

That maybe...just maybe, you are attempting to agitate the faeces. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Don't agree, Knitey. Easts is the diminutive form of Eastern Suburbs, Not now and never was a nickname.

Older people still call the Easts because that is what they wish the name had remained. A bit like calling St. GIll, St. George.

Glory Glory To South Sydney

A rooster is just a male chicken 
knitey

knitey

An apt description.

I was just trying to get across to Saggy the idea that "Easts" was a very common term , and that most people understand to whom it refers when used, I wasn't trying to troll him.

Perhaps my choice of words was not ideal. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I wish they would go back to it.

All clubs seem proud of their locality and use it in their name. Easts was changed as they thought it would be impossible to kick out a team called Sydney City.

I like the traditionalist attitude.

SonicStar

SonicStar

they kept changing their name to try and attract new fans.

But obviously it hasn't worked. 
Doyen

Doyen

Eastern Suburbs[or Easts in its abridged form]were known as the Tricolors,as I remember it. 
professional

professional

Maybe you don't consider it a nickname but a nickname is a very loosely defined term. There are many people who consider Easts to be one.

And yes, it would be awesome if the Sydney Roosters were still called Eastern Suburbs. You lose a bit of your history when you try to alter something like that, presumably for marketing reasons. 
professional

professional

Anyway, after all of that I think we've each successfully proved that we can be stubborn and bloody-minded individuals when we want to :thumbs:. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I think there are many that use the term, but only from habit like the dragons supporters still use St. George.

Maybe some newbies like yourself use it as a nickname, but not the oldies.

And yeah, even I would say "awesome".

rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Ah yes. I just give back what I get dished out.

MrChook

MrChook

lol@souffs fans for trying to tell what us we can and cannot call our own team. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Don't recall doing that, but as Shakespeare said. Sh!t , by any other name, would surely smell the same.

buzz07

buzz07

Lol u seriously can't count that's 2 
MrFourex

MrFourex

I agree. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I would consider "Parra" to be a nickname.
I'm sure if they were to change their name to something else I would probably still call them Parra mostly.

I usually can't bring myself to call the Roosters "Sydney". I usually refer to them just as The Roosters or on occasion Easts. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Could be habit...or it could be that some people a just lazy and just mention the first part - same as how very few people say "Cronulla-Sutherland" or "Manly-Warringah"

I believe I am one of the latter. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

A bit like saying Les is my nickname. Nah.

TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I would consider "Nick" to be my nickname (just one of many) despite it being a shortened version of my actual name.

I would think that anything you get called that's not your real name is considered a nickname.

Although I've just thought about it and am still wondering whether being called "Mum" or "Dad" falls into that category. Probably not I guess. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

Souths fans just trying to take spotlight off Reynolds/Pearce here. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

What a load of hogwash.

Rsag85

Rsag85

I named three names thank you very much 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

So what were we called before Eastern Suburbs? You said we have changed our name 3 times.....unless you consider the original naming as a name change, thats only 2 changes. Let me explain it in simple terms for you as I know you are a simple person....

Original name = Eastern Suburbs
Changed to Sydney City Roosters = Change no. 1
Changed to Sydney Roosters = Change no. 2

Waiting for you to explain change no. 3 to me...... 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

Why would they call them Balmain when they have no longer exist? You are comparing a merging of two entities to a simple name change, need to compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges. 
HeadlessChook

HeadlessChook

Anyway....Reynolds rates Pearce so highly he studies tapes of him to improve his game!!! And that's a fact! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181