The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Adam Reynolds turned to video tapes of Mitchell Pearce before making his NRL debut

Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Rsag should know about nicknames the name is Saggy is a nickname we have all given him :) 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Ummm Easts can't be a nickname for the Roosters because there no longer know as the Eastern Suburbs Rooster, as I have said they have change there name so many times that I've lost count lol... Rabbitohs can still be called Souths because we are still known as the South Sydney Rabbitohs 
knitey

knitey

A lot of people OVER the age of 40, still call the Roosters East's, it's what they grew with, just because you don't agree with it , does not make it incorrect. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Sydney Roosters that's all I'm saying 
MrFourex

MrFourex

or the Rorters ........ :P 
knitey

knitey

For you......yes.

But please try to realise that life and football existed way before you came into existence and took up an interest(no obsession) with the Wabbits. 
professional

professional

**** me. Do you not understand what a nickname is? A nickname doesn't have to be a shortened form.

Anybody who isn't born after ~1990 would be familiar with Syndey as Easts. I'm familiar with that name and I didn't even move to Australia until 2006, that is how well-known it is. You must have been hit in the head with a brick (repeatedly) as a child to miss out on this stuff. 
professional

professional

:lol: They've changed it twice! Surely even you can count that high. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

It's been 3 times but I was trying to make a joke on how many times they have change it, seem you don't get the funny side of things. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Just like people over 40 still call the West Tigers.... Balmain?? 
MrFourex

MrFourex

That's because senor is an obnoxious twat. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

You might be on to something there lol...... See Senor this is what you call a joke. Haha 
knitey

knitey

Yes, kinda like that......old habits, like nicnames, die hard. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Ha ha, he did it to you again, do you not learn? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Yes mate I do know what a nickname is eg. The Bunnies & Doggies are just two..... Did I get that right? You smart a$$. 
professional

professional

First in 1995 from Eastern Suburbs to Sydney City
Second in 2000 from Sydney City to Sydney 
professional

professional

Aww, still having a sook? I don't even remember what I did to upset you this time (although I suspect it has something to do with a someone's twat and being obnoxious). 
Rsag85

Rsag85

1. Eastern Suburbs
2. Sydney City
3. Sydney Roosters 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Senor doesn't like posting in the clubs part of the thread but continues to do so to be a pain 
bandwagon

bandwagon

When did they change their name to Eastern Suburbs? And what did they change it from? 
professional

professional

Your post was a bit ambiguous as to whether you were talking about the number of names or the number of changes. We can probably kill this line of discussion now. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Not at all, his post clearly stated they had changed their name three times.

I think this needs further discussion. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

What exactly are you trying to imply? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Politis did plan to change their name to Bondi.

I think it was about two years ago but it didn't really sit well with most people. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181