The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Adam Reynolds turned to video tapes of Mitchell Pearce before making his NRL debut

SonicStar

SonicStar

about to kill your little boner.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/reynolds-ready-for-game-of-two-halfbacks-20120809-23x76.html

in the article it says the following, which is true.

While Maguire heaped credit on Reynolds, he highlighted the combination with five-eighth John Sutton as one of the reasons behind his halfback's meteoric rise, as well as Reynolds's study of his rival No.7s.
''He looks at everyone in the game,'' Maguire said. ''He had a bit of time last year to sit back and study the [Johnathan] Thurstons and the [Cooper] Cronks, and all the other players in the game, but he's building his own name now. He's just a really mature kid. He pushes the team around with 'Sutto' - he and Sutto have got a great combination together.''

Sonic over and out :)

MrChook

MrChook

Yes it is true Sonic, that is what Maguire said, well done. Now, back to what the person in question actually said (Adam Reynolds), he mentioned Pearce. 
Morkel

Morkel

Doesn't concern me in the slightest. You know why? Because my comment wasn't a troll. And I'll happily stand corrected. As I'm sure will most people here, though it doesn't totally change the fact that the original post had direct quotes from the kid himself. Despite the fact that there was still no precise mention that Cronk was his main influence, you don't think you could have PM'd that to Rsag first so he could bask in the glory instead? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

I haven't read the thread since after I made my first post in it.

I know he studied all the half backs while he was in rehab and he still does, does anything that will help improve his game.

I never said Cronk was his main influence.

Pearce is the current NSW half back and Adam would like to be so it would make sense for him to watch Pearce's game.

majority of people don't want to see Pearce wearing a blues jumper again, unless you happen to be a to support Queensland.

The Article is mainly about battle for the NSW 7 jumper so Pearce is the main story and focus here and when Reynolds has to talk about Pearce in article he mentions he watched video tapes of him. which he did. Didn't mention other half backs because the story wasn't about that.

The article doesn't say Pearce was his number 1 influence either.

Players usually blow smoke up the others players ass any ways, talk them up, Reynolds even said Pearce plays good in SOO, we all know that's bullshit. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

You don't understand what the article is about or don't know how journalists work.

If Jarrod Mullen was the current NSW half back, same article, just switch Pearces name for Mullen. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

You just don't want to back down from your stance of hating on Pearce at all costs. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

I don't hate him, I just don't rate him.

It's obvious for anyone with a brain that he only talks about Pearce in this article because the story is about Pearce and the NSW number 7 jumper.

I do understand that some people aren't smart enough to realize it though, the evidence is in the thread :) 
RoostarGirl

RoostarGirl

Ah who cares? Overall it doesn't change a thing about what Reynolds says about Pearce, nice try ;) 
SonicStar

SonicStar

nice try :S

Don't understand, what am I meant to be trying?

Just stating the facts and it doesn't bother me the slightest if Reynolds thinks Pearce is a good player or a bad player.

I already knew he watched video tapes of half backs. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

So why is he watching Mitchell Pearce?

....obviously Reynolds is inspiring to be a, not very good footballer. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Maybe Adam thinks the only way to get the NSW jumper is to play average football. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Hard to argue against history .....good plan. 
buzz07

buzz07

More than sutton that's 4sure 
buzz07

buzz07

Can we put this down as a nomination 4 best thread in 2013 it's got my vote plus one. 2 be honest I feel for rags and sonic we all know how much they love Reynolds and now we also know how much Reynolds loves Pearce 
MrChook

MrChook

Must be doing their heads in that their new favourite son rates Pearce. 
buzz07

buzz07

Do u think we will get the proof today ie cronk? 
MrChook

MrChook

I feel what Sonic provided is as good as we're gonna get. Saggy just made up the rest. 
southsport

southsport

Pearce is OK. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Grow up 
Morkel

Morkel

You reckon that's why Sonic felt the need to troll about Prince? I mean, his glory boy halves pair was looking mighty good compared to the Broncos before Prince came along. Any combination of Prince/Wallace, Prince/Normal, Prince/Hunt, or Prince/Buck will surely shade a Reynolds/Sutton combo. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Prince is not normal. ;)

Glory Glory To South Sydney

A rooster is just a male chicken 
SonicStar

SonicStar

who trolled, desperation signing.

Prince is named by quite a few posters in the predictions thread as worst by of the season :) 
Morkel

Morkel

And why wouldn't they post that? It's genuinely what they believe, and is hopefully not being driven by a pre-determined agenda. 
professional

professional

Only four posters and one of them is you :P. He's got quite a few fans too in there, certainly more people seem to be expecting him to be a good buy. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

is it wrong if we assume every titans player is crap? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181