The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

30th Charity Shield

southsport

southsport

Well done to the boys, some positive signs.........dragons gifted a lot of ball though. 
Doyen

Doyen

Keary looks as sharp as a tack----very busy too!!
On tonight's short showing he's far quicker & slicker than JS or Reynolds.
Farrell went well for his first game--Clark looked very good too! 
southsport

southsport

It's the first time I've seen Keary and he always looked dangerous I thought..........great try to Peats too doyen. 
Doyen

Doyen

I was surprised to see the way Issac was playing in the first half--very Peat's like!!! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

He didn't play much and I would of like to see Keary defend more. 
Doyen

Doyen

I thought Keary put in a huge effort in defence.This was a strong point! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

When Keary came on, we where mainly in attack, didn't get to defend that much..... I'm thinking Sutton & Reynolds will be our halves for round one...... Issac Luke look sharp tonight so did Inglis and Clark.... Sam Burgess needs to move back into the 2nd row...... Champo looked real good aswell. 
Doyen

Doyen

Keary was busy in defence & very sharp in attack--JS looks like he could play prop---Peats looked good & Issac also---Clark v/good----Sam best at prop----Champion???????Walker looks the goods! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Keary was good in attack but didn't have much to defend...... Yes Champion was good tonight..... I agree with you Walker look good but didn't get much time on the field...... Sam brother George IMO played better at prop...... Te'o look good 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

What does everyone think of Clark at prop? Personally i don't think his workrate/size is fitted to make metres but he has a uniqueness of breaking the line quite a bit and his offloading was brilliant, that ball to Sutton was just amazing! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I like him at lock, best depth we have had in a very long time IMO anyone could be pushing for 1st grade. 
teamnosutton

teamnosutton

Peats just doesnt have the strength issac has but still tries to play like him..
For example 53 min he hogs the ball twice in 1 set of 6 and tries issacs style darts from dummy half and fails both times . If he looked right both times we would of been ale to put someone in both times.
What happens next? Dragons get on a run and score 10 points.
Mag will look at things like this that drastically change a game and i think this is why peats didnt stay on for very long after his happened.
So really for someone without having the strenght issac has he has to play smarter and know his abilitys
This is what seperates him from the top hookers is his general vision imo.
Great signs from george bar a few relex blunders.
Ben lowe still someone i cant believe is still there.
Lots of young guys looking better then him atm.
Look back at the replay of the game and when dragons score a try in the second half he is easily able to attempt a tackle but just doent even try to stop it.
This just shows his commitment imo. Too lazy to even try to make the try look less soft.
One good offload and a few nothing ball carries isnt enough to keep you in this team ben. Espically when you have tom burguess, starling and bucket breathing up your A$rse
Overall a good game showing some good signs and a few changes needed .
Both sutton and reynolds kicking were ordinary. Reminded me of our games we lost in last year with bad bombs for no one and suttons usual off the side of the boot miss kick.
Just hope these are addressed before thursday week. 
motiveight

motiveight

Why shouldn't Ben Lowe be there?

I suppose he is the new whipping boy now that Hegarty and Talanoa are gone. 
dkm13

dkm13

I think it's just people judging him off his efforts last year when he was used incorrectly coming off the bench as well has coming back from back to back injuries(he was on the verge of QLD selection before he was injured) a little luck with injuries I'm sure we will see the best of him this year 
chaps76

chaps76

G.i is in amazing athlete and I'm glad he's in our team 
since56

since56

I thought there were some very good signs in the game to indicate we could go at least one better his season. The whole team looked really fit, a lot of depth across the park and some very promising performances --Inglis looked like he's really enjoying being a part of this team, Teo was great, Luke looks focused, fitter and stronger; Champs was good, Keary is very promising, Clark is good, G Burgess was great, Goodwyn, Farrell, Asotasi all good and some exciting young talent as well. Finally I thought Sutton had a cracker - he was heavily involved, steered the team around, long kicking game was spot on, put runners into gaps - did everything right and more - he was the catalyst for the win. The only negative for me was Reynolds who didn't seem to be on his game, he'll come good. 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Great game, George wow, Tom will be doing the same then we got Lima to fit in...what a great headache, and so many young backs coming through, Sutton had a [U] captain’s[/U] knock, 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Souths hit the ground running
South http://forums.rleague.com/# Sydney looked like a team ready for finals footy already. It is hard to read too much into trial form but Souths looked crisp and, most importantly, cohesive. They looked like a team that were familiar with their systems. And with Greg Inglis fit and firing behind a monster forward pack they look like they will better their preliminary final appearance of last year. For the Dragons, they seemed like a team needing a hit-out, working on combinations. Passes just missed their targets and players were crowding into similar holes with the ball. They weren't too far away and will be much improved before their round-one clash with Melbourne.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/five-things-we-learnt-from-the-charity-shield-20130222-2exeg.html#ixzz2LfgAmNPX 
footydiva

footydiva

Sorry but you must be eating your words this morning. Give the kid a shot Madge is. And he knows talent when he sees it. I like his soft approach to rotate the deserving young guns slowly into the fold. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Walker did look good in the limited time he had on the field, future NRL there is no doubt about it but my question was if he pick Walker why leave out Tom Burgess and Koroisau out of the line up who where both performed really well in the RTR and Coffs trials? 
footydiva

footydiva

IMO I think Madge has also learnt off last year that u need more than just forwards running off interchange. They didn't carry any decent backs going into last years final series. He knows what strength and talents both API and Tom have. But why carry 3 hookers or have 6 forwards on interchange? In a game where u don't need it. That's just overkill.

I think rather he used that opportunity to have a decent look at the backlline and is trying to test Keary & Walker to see how they can succeed the senior players when the time is right. I thought Sutton had a good game last night and the halves will continue to be the Sutt/Reyno combo.

Keary is a likely interchange option going forward this year. I also think Dylan Walkers presence puts Hunts presence on interchange under pressure this year. I have no doubt walker will return to U20 and have stints with Norths in 2013 but don't be surprised if young walker pops up again on the bench this year.

I think this is all just planning for 2014 & looking at retention & recruitment for the future. 
hurricanh57

hurricanh57

Souths were very, very solid.
Georger Burgess, Sutton, Inglis were outstanding. Champion made Cooper look very old.

A pleasing game for all Souths supporters in what was, after all, a trial.

Saints very kept very ordinary by Souths in the first half but still lacked a lot in attack - is it just me or is Soward a passenger for most of the game? 
botanyrabbit

botanyrabbit

I thought Buckett showed great anticipation and speed to score the last try. Burning a few dragons on his way to the try line shows the depth we have. I think Everingham will miss out for round 1 as Goodwin can kick goals if needed and showed how classy he is. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Completely outplayed us from the opening whistle. The final score flattered us.

I know it's not saying much but well done Rabbits. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Same old story as last year we clock of for a 20min period, we need to fix this. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168