The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

30th Charity Shield

Doyen

Doyen

Peats was still basically a rookie----Issac was dropped as a fully-fledged international! 
MrChook

MrChook

I hope Luke plays the full 80 mins in Round 1.;) 
Doyen

Doyen

STHS were chasing Bennett with a vengeance.If he had been appointed,Issac was gone----Sths knew that!!
Sths didn't want Issac to go;who would!?
Bennett withdrew! 
knitey

knitey

As far as opinions on players and the game in general, Bennetts comments and opinions have far more credibility than those from Rsag85......I've never heard anyone refer to Rsag as a mastercoach? 
southsport

southsport

I get worried when you start talking like that. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Didn't Peats play in the all stars? So now your saying the All stars game is not a rep game? Come on doyen don't change your mind now 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Don't have to take it personal Knitey just because I said something bad about your head coach... His opinion shouldn't be a factor in talking about Issac,he doesn't coach the guy and when he had any involedment with Issac they won the World cup..... Not a team play that is a load of bullshit 
MadMike

MadMike

And we would have Ennis if we had Bennett 
Rsag85

Rsag85

That's why Bennett signs with the Knights and Maguire signs with the Rabbitohs, basically weeks apart. 
Doyen

Doyen

Some players are good enough to rep as rookies!So what you're saying is that --------no,I'm utterly confused.Please explain!!!????
You're not Irish by any chance, are you RSAG??
Peats was dropped with one rep game[Allstars]---Issac with 22 test matches. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Your putting Issac down because he is a NZ international but when it comes to Peats it doesn't count? Why the double standards? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Lucky us :lol: 
Doyen

Doyen

Yeah!!We should be thankful that didn't occur! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Great idea 
Doyen

Doyen

I still don't get it----help me.That's not putting Issac down--it's a fact;he got the boot as a 22 capped international-----even though Peats played as an invitee in the ALLSTARS he was still a pretty inexperienced "rookie."
They're facts----double standards????? 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

You can add banning the shoulder charge to that little tirade. ;) 
Rsag85

Rsag85

You have said that Peats is good enough or even better then Issac Luke because of his two all stars appearance.... Yes he was a rookie in 2011 but he was still drop in 2012 for a even longer period of time then Issac Luke who you say is a fully-fledged international, which is true but if he is then the All Stars now isn't a rep game because 2012 Peats did play in the all stars game. Pretty simple you support Peats and put down Issac. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Doyen you use Issac Luke one week dumping to back up your claims but seem to forget that Peats was drop more then one week at the start of the year, that is double standards. 
Doyen

Doyen

A young,inexperienced player may expect to be axed but a player with 22 tests-----was there maybe some discipline problem happening there??! 
MrChook

MrChook

Double standards like repeatedly telling the world Luke should play 80 minutes but then argue Koroisau should replace Peats on the bench as the extra hooker? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I said if we have to go with the two hooker's in the side, I would still rather Issac play for the full 80 but if we do go the other way I would want someone who can make a impact on the game with Peats that wouldn't happen his attacking game is not as great compared to Koroisau or Luke. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Both are rep players in your opinion right? If you going to target Issac for that and not Peats for doing the same thing is unfair. 
barroq

barroq

Doyen my old mate the fact is Isaac has the ability to turn a game on its head and be a game breaker peats has not and never will have .A small question I put to you if either peats or Isaac went on the open market which of the two would you think 95%of coaches would target and why. 
Doyen

Doyen

Luke is brilliant;that's a given.I've never doubted that.Madge had him under control last season.The season before he was in all kinds of trouble---at the crossroads to a degree---he would have been axed if Bennett arrived.On the open market he would be sought strongly[except for sure by Bennett],he needs a strong hand----Peats wouldn't miss the boat either.He would be snapped up smartly.He does have his head screwed on well & was a leader in the Jnrs & will possibly be down the track.Issac--never!
Madge has a high regard for Peats's ability as a different type of hooker--more controlled,reliable,& still very young!.Last season Madge viewed them equally for the bulk of the season----he still seems to have a very high regard for Peats.
Issac's dropping last season was not only form but disciplinary as well.
Issac is a game-breaker, along with GI.We will rely on those two hugely for spark.
Issac to me is like having a small,tough running forward in the pack--quick & elusive.He does not have the subtleties in his game like Smith,Farah,Buderus etc.These players,because of their organising skills & their more expansive talent[ie.kicking games,deft passing skills etc]are often the captains of their teams.
Issac is a more impromptu type,not greatly organised,off the cuff style!
His game to me is based primarily on running the ball & in some ways a difficult player for his mates to read.His running game,however,is the best,I think!! 
Doyen

Doyen

That was meant to be a little history not a tirade.
The SC,in its present form,from my memory, wasn't about in those very early days-----but I will stand corrected Les if you really do disagree with that.
Jack GIBSON,I reckon,stole the "tackle" from gridiron!!???
I don't think the SC is part of the bastardisation----not of the game's original style,anyway! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168