The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

30th Charity Shield

Doyen

Doyen

Maybe Madge & the Crock had their heads together on this one.
A strong message to send!!Good coaching & captaincy!
My conspiracy theory! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

*facepalm* *facepalm* 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Koroisau and Tom Burgess should be in the line up at least to push there claim both have been the stand out in both Trials so far, I also hear Peats gave away some silly penalties in the Coffs trial. Maguire says that Crocker was drop due to his performance, so my question is why not reward good form as well, unless Koroisau and Tom Burgess have done either for round 1? 
MadMike

MadMike

I would think they will not be considered for rd1 otherwise they would have been picked for this game 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Well why pick Walker? Why say I pick the side on performance? The two guys that stood out where Tom Burgess and Koroisau, doesn't really make much sense to me he says one thing and does another. 
Doyen

Doyen

Peats was one of the best in the ALLSTARS match! 
Doyen

Doyen

Walker is obviously in the running---a class player! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Did give away a few stupid penalties and continued in the Coffs trial, this could be become a bad habit with Peats also Koroisau made a big impact in both trials same with Tom Burgess. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

With Luke Burgess out injured wouldn't you think Tom Burgess should have a chance to show his stuff and push for round 1? 
Doyen

Doyen

George is getting the nod as he did come to STHS earlier,has performed in the NSW's Cup & made the NSWC combined side.
As you have said,trials don't tell all that much.Koroisau,as a kid, would have been put on at the most opportune time for him in the trials to give him the best chance to do well & gain some confidence;& to get a little look at him---in other words protected/sheltered.
Impossible to give him any real credit---this stands for TB too,although he is a monster & should make his mark--he is behind George though!
The way things are panning out Sam must play prop.And that is his best posse,where he is more likely to soften the opposition up.Roy is always an iffy proposition----all of our other props[including Lima]still could be seen as middle of the road ability.Lima has been away from the NRL for quite a while & already hasn't contributed.
Other teams[the top ones]appear much better equipped than us up front.
We will be relying on the 3 big B bros to step up!!
As for Walker,he is obviously one out of the box who is already jumping the queue bigtime! 
Doyen

Doyen

Peats had a top game!!If he gave away penalties & they were his fault alone, I would be surprised.
I don't remember him ever giving away a penalty in the past!!Not one!
Certainly not committing major crimes like another guy at hooker! 
Doyen

Doyen

When I started watching RL there were 10 teams ONLY, all confined to the Sydney area.Not one team out of Sydney!
Sths[Rabbitohs],St.George[Dragons or Saints],Canterbury[Berries],Easts[Tricolors],Norths[just Norths or maybe the Bears],Balmain[Tigers],Manly[Seagulls],Wests[Magpies],Newtown[Bluebags],Parra[just Parramatta???-at that stage Parra were the easybeats].
Country played City & it was a genuine game.All country players were playing in the bush.Every year there was a fabulous fixture at the SCG.
Country 1sts v. City 1sts-------early game Country 2nds v.City 2nds.
From this game the NSW team was selected.Many a player made the state side out of bush RL!
NSW then played QLD[all Qld players played in Qld,many from their bush,Toowoomba & Ipswich were great nurseries].
From the state game the AUST. side was picked.
It usually had a few players directly from NSWs or QLD country RL who had played their way into an Aussie jersey.

How good was that??
You had to be a local Jnr[or an aspiring player from the bush]to play for your local district/club.ie.all of STHS players had to reside in the area & were genuine locals, born & bred!The same,of course for other clubs.
Goes to show how much the game has been bastardised over time!!! 
handyman2190

handyman2190

peats value to the team is as a utility he is unimaginative,a hog and gives away stupid penalties that take away from his talent, considering we have that young fellow coming through Koroisau who seems at this stage a more fuller package, and a luke clone, i dont see us renewing peats contract, you cant keep them all, sorry to disappoint you all with this statement 
Doyen

Doyen

I would have thought the hog thing was the other way round--more with Issac!
Peats constantly spun the ball out in the Allstars game & only went himself when he thought he had a genuine chance--he almost set up a try for JT--with any luck at all he would have!
I definitely think he appears more of a team player than Issac who to me is more an individualist;a very good one,I might add!
Issac's alleged problem with Bennett is that he didn't regard him as a team player! 
Rsag85

Rsag85

What does Bennett opinions have to do with anything? Does he coach the Rabbitohs? Did NZ win the World Cup with Issac in the side? Issac is a team player mate most of our try's last year came from Issac hard work (in the middle) so to call him not a team player is just plan BS!!! 
ratz_man

ratz_man

Remember last year Madge would name a side and he would always have some surprises in the team 
Doyen

Doyen

Madge's assessment in AUG. last season when Issac was dropped was---
Quote--"We have speed through Issac & we have good control of our game through Nathan--their games are different.I am lucky to have 2 good players.Nathan will continue to start until it is better to start with Issac."Unquote. 
Zinga

Zinga

It would be a massive call to let Peats go? He is a bit selfish somtimes with the ball but his only young and still has another level he can go to. I thought he was outstanding in the All Star game, did Souths proud! 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

Peats is a great young player and will only improve with time, he has quite the opposite playing style to Luke, which i believe is the key to a hooker rotation;

Issac Luke = Attack Spark

Nathan Peats = Defensive Rock 
Rsag85

Rsag85

My reply to that is..... Week two of the finals against the Raiders.... That game there showed how great Issac Luke really is and what type of player Peats needs to be like.... He needs to do a lot. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Issac is a great defence player which goes un notice by some. IMO if we are going with the two hookers we need some spark and impact coming off the bench, we just don't get that with Peats but with Koroisau I think that we will. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

At the start of 2012, Peats was also drop due to bad form if you remember and remained in the NSW cup for a few weeks (maybe months) 
southsport

southsport

Peats will be even better this year. 
Doyen

Doyen

I think Peats is a more well-rounded player than Issac.Issac is more one dimensional;an individual running player[bit the chook with its head off]--often hard for his mates to follow.He can be brilliant on his day but has mistakes in him due to his helter-skelter approach.
I think Peats is every bit as valuable to the team as a hooker as Issac is!
Issac has 3 yrs on Peats---in 3 yrs Peats will be a very,very good player!!
Issac is more showy & spectacular but this is not always ideal. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Tpee - Yes Unlucky for Central Crows I was at this game this team has done exceptionally well for boys who can't train on a regular basis due to...
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168