The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

rleague.com users - comments, feedback and more info

Luc

Luc pro

Hey all. As you all know recently we took over the management of rleague.com. A lot of different sections across the forum are getting posted with feedback and it would help to have it in one spot. We've had some really good positive feedback and a lot of negative feedback too, but we wish to take this as a learning experience and take what we can from.

So other than the following, can you please provide feedback here which is HELPFUL. Constructive criticism is fine, but we will be removing posts that are simply "you guys suck". We need helpful feedback that actually gives us details on what is important to you.

We acquired rleague.com back in November 2012 and the business was not doing well. We took over in order to help bring things together and improve the system with what we have. Our background is building the largest social network for horse racing, so we do know what we are doing in terms of technology. We also happen to be avid league fans.

So, what are we doing?
In the beginning, this website was built of the same platform as our other website www.puntersparadise.com.au - but in time, we are shifting from this. We plan on improving many of the current features across the whole website such as the forum, making things more team focused, offering live discussions where you can watch and discuss a game while in play. Step one was just getting things 'up' as we had to draw the line somewhere.

Known issues
1) The website is slower and less responsive. This is due to the significant load we're under now that we've brought three websites together into one place. Currently our systems are handling over 1/4 million hits per day so no doubt this will take some time to iron out the performance problems.
> This is our immediate priority. Sorry but our emails are queued up and we're focusing on just keeping things running before anything else. We are currently taking 1-2 days to return emails so if you have a basic question, please hold tight.

2) The forum is not ordered in the way you wish to see it.
> We will provide a feature soon to fix this.

3) The DBP page is not exclusive
> This will change soon. We'll be re-doing the way you enter team based debates and tolls won't be allowed.

4) Some usernames have changed.
> Unfortunately as we merged rleague, forums.rleague.com, bulldogs.rleague.com into our existing system, unfortunately some usernames had to change. In most cases we had to just remove a space or two but for some users we had to select a different username.

5) Betting content is not preferred.
> We will be eliminating about 80% of the betting advertising and betting content across this site shortly

6) Can't edit posts or 'reply to' users
> We're investigating on what we can do here.

7) The QLD 2nd div forum is missing.
> We're restoring this in the coming days.

8) The forum is 'facebooky'. I don't like Facebook.
> No worries. Again, our first step was bringing rleague.com onto our platform which will help us evolve MUCH faster than the previous platform.

8) Admins? Mods?
> Unfortunately our new platform doesn't have known moderators as such but we have given you permission to 'report' posts which will automatically take a number of actions on somebodies post/account, depending on the level of abusive or SPAM.

9) We suck and we don't care.
> Yeah? Fair call. We certainly do care but it's just going to take a long while to prove that to you! Please hang in there while we do the best we can. The alternative you may not be aware of is that rleague.com would have eventually been shutdown completely as the business was not doing so well so we have actually come in with a fresh perspective and ambition to deliver what rugby league needs. We've come in to TRY and make this website the best we can. Abusive comments will not be tolerated and are not at all helpful in our goal.

Who are you?
I'm Luc Pettett - the CEO and lead developer at rleague.com/Punters Paradise. Our team is a bunch of Sport and Racing fans based on the Sunshine Coast in QLD. We employ talented software developers, content writers/journalists and other supportive staff to focus on rleague.com. We are all NRL fans and are very ambitious to make this website the best we can. We're people, just like you, so please be nice.

Whats next?
Please hang in there. Patience is important. You will find that we will be far more rapid than before, often making daily updates to the way the website operates. 
View all 267 comments
TunkyTankMan

TunkyTankMan

DogzMafia who is an old member of BDP. 
harr

harr

You might want to go comment in that thread Luc if you want to stop people leaving lol 
BeeryGoodness

BeeryGoodness

OK, I'll ask again

7) The QLD 2nd div forum is missing.
> We're restoring this in the coming days.

Any news? 
Luc

Luc pro

Hey BeeryGoodness. That's the next on on the list :-) Then we'll be moving onto the ordering of forum discussions & quoting posts. 
knitey

knitey

Is there any chance of getting the "Bullring" back? A very popular thread, not for the faint hearted or lilly livered, looser mod rules as well. 
Luc

Luc pro

Hey knitey, sure. Where abouts was that in the forum before? Under the bulldogs page? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

bullring was a forum for threads that may cause heated discussions 
Luc

Luc pro

Hey all, please see the home page of the forum with a minor update allowing you to choose Teams and view categories in the way that the previous rleague.com forum had: http://rleague.com/forum/

What are your thoughts? 
knitey

knitey

@Marcus....and the "Garbage Dump"......our most popular thread. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Garbage Dump was also popular as it was a way to unclutter threads with irrelevant posts into a dumping ground but was still popular with everyone :) 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

@Marcus1979 you liked it because it's where all your posts ended up :p 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

yeah and Knitey and yours and max's lol 
harrofam

harrofam

Luc PRO
Hey all, please see the home page of the forum with a minor update allowing you to choose Teams and view categories in the way that the previous rleague.com forum had: http://rleague.com/forum/
What are your thoughts?

I will admit thats a step in the right direction.Still a long way to go though. One thing I still dont understand is if as you say the forum wasn't a big part of the rleague site then why couldn't you have changed what you consider the popular part and leave the forum as it was,how everybody loved it. The thing is now it's been well over a week and I have become firmly entrenched on another forum. I know this to be the same with many others. 
harr

harr

getting better 
Luc

Luc pro

Hey harrofam - I know it's frustrating but I can assure you that this forum will have far more direction than a standard out of the box bulletin board/wordpress forum. I hope a few do stick around. The upset was huge but we've had to bite our tongue and move quickly to make corrections. Things like live scores, connecting better with legitimate fans, forming groups, streaming video, team rivalry, detailed statistics, tipping competitions (including LIVE in-game fantasy) and some other long-term features are all scoped out for rleague.com. It's not just going to be a forum that we put online and passively expect people to use. 
jasestorm

jasestorm

Thanks Luc for the reply to get my account active again. Much appreciated. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

Not a fan..... Still would rather the old layout. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

@Luc ...Legitimate fans ?? 
BeeryGoodness

BeeryGoodness

Small step forward... 
Rsag85

Rsag85

@Luc you can't have a forum without the members, most of us have moved on to other forums, IMO it was a big mistake changing the layout of the forum, the other parts of the website I understand but the forum should of remain the same. 
harr

harr

Just so you know buddy, the broncos v cowboys game in the live scores section didnt have live scores at all. It only came up at fulltime pretty much. It made me laugh because it says 'Guaranteed the fastest live scores online'. So fast it takes 80 minutes. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Yeah , but the page looks all purty.

Luc

Luc pro

Hey harr, sorry about that. It wasn't until close full-time that we had those stats live again. Our apologies. We've put in place SMS alerting behind the scenes now so our team knows if any game throughout the week plays up from now on. 
harr

harr

just trying to keep you on your toes ;) 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181