The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Titleholders 2013 - Wooden Spoon

woodies

woodies

The race is on in earnest. Who will claim the 2013 NRL wooden Spoon.

Last year's title holders the Parramatta Eels look like unlikely to take the trophy for a consecutive year, although it is early days and they could return to old habits.

Penrith are consitent at being inconsistent. Both frusrating but at times exciting to watch, the Panthers are yet to start building the dynasty they have planned under Phil Gould. Wooden Spoon would certainly launch the mint the player market for 2014, because buying a team means quicker success than building one.

Canberra Raiders look like they could be the biggest backsliders in the comp this year after making the 8 in 2012. Many distractions for the Raiders already this year, means that they really haven't been abe to build on the success of last year. With a couple mor losses the usual call for the coach's head will come, and will likely destabilise the team further.

Warriors will fight to avoid the spoon, but they look like the favourites in 2013. Travel is always hard, but when your team is without a win, Australia is a lonely place a long way from home.

There are likely also one or two dark horses for the spoon this year. Injuries, investigations, Origin impact, could all play a part in deciding the Spoon holders for 2013. 
View all 27 comments
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

A long way out but I think it'll be one of the Eels, Warriors, Panthers, Tigers. 
SeverancePop

SeverancePop

Penrith and Parramatta have both shown enough early on that they can worry the top sides. Both are One from Four and apart from the Eels vs tigers game I can't recall either sides being disgraced. IMO neither of these sides will get the spoon 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Sure your not living in denial?

I think we have shown enough improvement so far this year to say we will not get the spoon. We had a poor showing against the tigers, but flogged the Warriors and pushed the Dogs.

Our defence is much improved, though our goal line defence still remains sub par, and whilst we struggled to score against bot the Dogs and Tigers at times, a lot of that can be put down to ill direction from 5/8 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Geeze I didn't think Saturday night would of been enough to get us out of spoon calculations looking at this thread it seems it has :lol: 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Nope, you blokes are flying under the raiders is all, er I meant radar. 
beserker300

beserker300

Cowboys by the way they're going. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

Quite sure. 
SeverancePop

SeverancePop

Just re read my post. I should have said Penrith are One from Four and Parra are One from Three. Still I stand by my point 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

No way it will be Raiders.

They'll somehow manage to pull enough wins together to miraculously pinch 8th spot.

Then get crapped on from great height by a more deserving team in the finals. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

Keep on whinging mate not going to change anything [violin]:tears::tears: 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

Nah mate not whinging just giving the Raiders the slating they deserve :) in fact my post is quite positive I think the Raiders will fall into the finals (again) at someone else's expense 
woodies

woodies

The way things are going, picking the favourites for the Wooden Spoon is much harder than predicting the top 3 or 4.

Big gap between Manly, Souths, Melb and the rest of the comp.

Not much at all between Warriors, Raiders, Panthers, Dragons, Tigers, Eels and Cowboys ATM. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

Why do the raiders fans "deserve" your comments?

If we do sneak into the finals it won't be at the Dragons expense so you don't have to worry about that my friend. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

I just feel the Gayders don't get the verbal hammering they should. I am here tonight to deliver. Between them and this Parrathetic display on FOX I'm not sure who is worse. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

What do we have to do for raiders to put in those performances against us.

Talk about hammering look at how we were cruicified for not winning title in years we were not even best team ie 2006 and 2004 off top of my head. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

Gayders and Faiders nice. 
madmatt2146

madmatt2146

You sure about that buddy :D 
bandwagon

bandwagon

yep, very sure, have still seen worse from us. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

even worse posts that were made prior to the update don't have original quotes embedded now so the posts don't make as much sense as they did

annav3

annav3

Parra are ahead of dragons after Monday night debacle 
woodies

woodies

This forum wins the spoon! 
knitey

knitey

Buy Woodies, I'll raise aglass in your name......do you ever use MS? 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

I have never been used in my life. 
knitey

knitey

Oh dear, not you silly....Marathon Stadium..knights forum. 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

It would have been a travesty to lose this thread 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

@Knitey what are you going on about? To much wine again? 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
ALX21 - RD 20 ResultsBroncos: J.Nikorima goal
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181