The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Time for the NRL to promote the right mtach this weekend

PxA

PxA

Saturday night see's the clash between the 2 undefeated teams for 2013 but feel the SBW V Canterbury Circus is the one that will get all the hype. It's time the NRL made some effort in promoting the real match of the round not the one between two sides who have limped into season 2013 
View all 29 comments
DogSothoth

DogSothoth

Gyngelvitis and Politis want to get their ROI for the money they have sunk into $BW.

Is there any other matches this weekend? 
GLTD

GLTD

I cant believe that some people still think the NRL run the game.. If that was the case Channel 10's bid would've got up.. Instead we are lumped with Channel 9 and their piss weak coverage.. League Loses again.. 
Sludge2

Sludge2

Spot on @GLTD, would've had much better exposure under ch10 by the sound of things 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I like channel 10s sports coverage they do it in a professional manner. I was so annoyed when 10 lost the bid. Overall NRL sold out for a little more money so basically they are just an expensive prostitute or something 
Sludge2

Sludge2

Better exposure via FTA tv over five years would help grow the game more than that little bit extra dosh. They didn't get Ch9 to budge at all in broadcasting the games. 
PxA

PxA

Would have been good if the Souths V Melbourne game was the Friday night game and getting the publicity. Although I'm not sure which night would be a better night to draw the crowd with. Hopefully the mtach of the round will have at least 20K there. 
tricolours

tricolours

Easts will get double the crowd, twice the ratings. All the vermin scum will get is smashed! ( I hope Tom W. runs a multi on that one)! 
tricolours

tricolours

". Overall NRL sold out for a little more money so basically they are just an expensive prostitute or something"

According to all the reports I've read, they accepted less money. Putting games interest first.

annav3

annav3

the media are doing a great job of scaring the roosters fans away from this match. It will be a sea of blue and white as always 
stropo

stropo

Hopefully all that happens is the Bulldogs supporters turn their backs when it runs out. The media will be most disappointed. 
SeverancePop

SeverancePop

I really hope they do "What is Sony Bill thinking right now?" like they did in Round 1. Because after I heard Sonny Bill speak for the first time my first thought was "With his firm grasp on the English Language this is a man that needs to speak in public more often". I'm sure glad the boys at 9 think the same way i do 
PxA

PxA

Who the hell are Easts?? Will this double the crowd and ratings have the same acuracy as the prediction made in Rd 1 that blew back on your face Tri-hard? 
tricolours

tricolours

As I said, even loser's get lucky sometimes - especially when they get 8 straight penalties.

The self proclaimed champions will fall back to earth with a thud on Saturday night! 
PxA

PxA

You're not good at answering straight questions are you Trikey? 'As I said" - you didn't say anything! If you team are so undisiplined that no one else's falt. No ne at Souths had self proclaimed anything but we shall see who comes to a thud this weekend. 
tricolours

tricolours

Eastern Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club (ESDRFC) , Played in the first match in 1908 and have played in every Season since. What about Souths? can they say the same?

Give me a break! Every year at this time Souths are going to do wonders. 
PxA

PxA

Awww that old team that died after 1994 and was replaced by some team called Sydney City, sounded like a soccer team. Well Souths ARE the oldest surviving foundation club born in 1908 and South Sydney are still going strong. 
tricolours

tricolours

I always thought someone who was around for 105 years was older than someone who been around for 103! 
PxA

PxA

South Sydney born 1908 it's now 2013 that's 105 years dummy, perhaps you need to go back to school. 
tricolours

tricolours

That performance last night, what can I say - Scary - Just Scary! 
stanleyg

stanleyg

no need to fight over it tricolours and PxA . Easts have had name changes and so have souff's but they also had a few years out of the competition so for length of service the roosters have the runs on the board. 
tricolours

tricolours

How did the Crowe , PHAC show go? 
PxA

PxA

Yes the Bulldogs performance was scary alright they are in trouble. 32000 fans at the match of the round 10K more than the SBW show on Friday night so much for double the crowd double the ratings. 
PxA

PxA

Here ya go Trikey some info for you to read http://www.nrl.com/nrl-record-breaking-start-to-year/tabid/10874/newsid/71765/default.aspx
Double the crowd and double the ratings LOL 
tricolours

tricolours

Impressive stats, Here's another East' 38-0 victory was the biggest against Canterbury since 1935! 
PxA

PxA

"Here's another East' 38-0 victory was the biggest against Canterbury since 1935!"

Big deal, just about every other team in the NRL would have clobbered Canterbury last Friday night, they are the team most out of form ATM and running last. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181