The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Questions for LUC

Lewis06

Lewis06

LUC it has been some time now since you took over this forum. I intend to add some questions at the end of this post about the forum. Many of those questions have been asked in some form or fashion here but sifting through the hype, anger and frustration of both the posters and yourself during the changeover, nothing is really answered.
If you could answer the below questions both honestly and directly it would be appreciated.
These answers will give both myself and others an indication of what this board will become in the future, and hopefully near future.

First question is probably the most important one.

1. Will you be returning the forums section of this site to a generic "forum" style set up or will it be a feed type thing that is currently in place?

2. Will the site become more navigable in the future, ie search for posts, jump to a certain area etc?

3. Will the PM feature, join date and post count and quote features be returned?

4. Do you actually want former posters to stay here and contribute or are you more interested in flushing them out and starting fresh with people who follow horse racing and football?

5. Will their be a bullring or similar area for off topic or controversial posts?

6. If the answer is yes to any of the above, when will this happen?

Be honest with your answers please Luc, I would say now that the dust is settled, some people have found new home forums but there would be quite a few like myself who are willing to give this site one last chance.

p.s. Any answers to the above questions are appreciated but unless they are direct and to the point then I will assume the answer is no. There has been a lot of "give us time", or "future is so bright got to wear shades" type replies to many questions in the past, I would prefer the truth and not spin. 
View all 36 comments
VDO

VDO

Plenty of copyright breaking stream action though.
LOLZ!!

harrofam

harrofam

Some very good questions Lewis06. Will be interesting to see if you get honest answers. I'm one of the many that have moved on.Your name has been mention as someone who people wish had joined them elswhere. 
VDO

VDO

Yes H , a little LOLZ wouldn't go astray elsewhere 
harr

harr

Im sure people like myself still have a bit of hope for this site so we check in every now and then. Are you saying people shouldnt ? 
harr

harr

yeah well having a go at the people who are popping their heads back in to check wont win this forum anymore fans because there are definitely more active ones running as we speak 
harr

harr

I only bash the Punters paradise possy members who cant relate to the rest of us so they have a cry about us crying :) 
harrofam

harrofam

I was here for 5 years, moderator for 1year. Had a post count of about 8905 posts.Dont give me your smart mouthed comments vicey. People loved this old site when it was a real forum for real league fans. 
harrofam

harrofam

I liked your first reply to me that you deleted better. 
VDO

VDO

Any ways, seems them questions have been answered 
Luc

Luc pro

Hey Lewis06,

1. Will you be returning the forums section of this site to a generic "forum" style set up or will it be a feed type thing that is currently in place?
- the forum will be more flexible than it currently is (edit functionality, quoting and changing the ordering of posts) but in general the superficial stuff (the colours and feed structure) will remain.

2. Will the site become more navigable in the future, ie search for posts, jump to a certain area etc?
- absolutely. The search functionality already exists but we'll make more improvements to this. Just type 'questions for' in the top right hand corner of this page. you can also search per user and last week we added the 'activity' feed to a profile page, allowing you to see their recent activity across the site.

3. Will the PM feature, join date and post count and quote features be returned?
- We have long term plans for the PM feature (> 2 months), the quote feature will be returned within the next 2 weeks and post count isn't something we plan on returning.

4. Do you actually want former posters to stay here and contribute or are you more interested in flushing them out and starting fresh with people who follow horse racing and football?
- I don't think questions like that are helpful, I know you are frustrated but of course we want to work together with the current community and make this a rugby league forum.

5. Will their be a bullring or similar area for off topic or controversial posts?
- Sure, we will have this online on Wednesday this week. I'll display a warning on those pages and in general we can intentionally wind down the rules except for the SPAM and more of the offensive posts. 
Space

Space

- I don't think questions like that are helpful, I know you are frustrated but of course we want to work together with the current community and make this a rugby league forum.

@Luc I think this was the most important question. Alot of us think you want to clear us out and start a new gambling/ tips forum. Because realistically, that's what's happened. I mean really.... who changes their RL forum structure over a 2 month period at the start of the footy season? You guys took over in November right? Frustrating is an understatement.

Also don't play us as fools with your dodgy stats with new members joining mate. This place is a ghost town 
harr

harr

But but but but what about all the new members signing up, they be flooding the forums 
VDO

VDO

But but but but what about all the new members signing up, they be flooding the forums

With SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!

harr

harr

hahahahahah Yeah, nice contributing members to this flourishing website. Its really picking up with its activity with the highest activation of accounts for the last 12 months! 
Lewis06

Lewis06

- the forum will be more flexible than it currently is (edit functionality, quoting and changing the ordering of posts) but in general the superficial stuff (the colours and feed structure) will remain.
-----------------------
Nothing wrong with the colours but the feed thing sucks. Will there be a poll option? Why not have a poll on what your readers prefer to see, the feed or a regular forum like 99 percent of other forums?

- absolutely. The search functionality already exists but we'll make more improvements to this. Just type 'questions for' in the top right hand corner of this page. you can also search per user and last week we added the 'activity' feed to a profile page, allowing you to see their recent activity across the site.
------------------------------
Why would you want to see someones activity? Unless you are stalking them to post after them, I see no advantage in being able to see if Jonny backed a winner or thinks Canterbury will win, those type of interactions usually occur during the normal course of conversation where both parties are commenting on a subject they have an interest in, like in a forum....

- We have long term plans for the PM feature (> 2 months), the quote feature will be returned within the next 2 weeks and post count isn't something we plan on returning.
--------------------------
Long term plans for the pm feature? You mean like in 2 months you will just activate it? That to me is no big deal, and neither really is post count. But one thing the post count does give you is an idea of whether or not the person posting has a genuine interest in the topic/forum or they could be a 5 post troll/spammer. Without post count or recognizing their handle one does not know

--------------------------------
My question(s) are not intended to be helpful, I am just trying to see what your plans are and whether or not it would be worth hanging around. You have essentially gutted the forum and then turned the format on it's head, and you want to work together and want helpful posts? LOLZ

- Sure, we will have this online on Wednesday this week. I'll display a warning on those pages and in general we can intentionally wind down the rules except for the SPAM and more of the offensive posts.
------------------------------
Well that is a start, the bullring was popular. But unless you return this to something that mildly resembles an actual forum I doubt you will have to many people in there that you will need to moderate.

Although I appreciate you answering my questions, I think you will only kill this forum further if you do not return it to a normal forum style. Why not do that at least until the end of the season then fu%k around with it in the off season and add your bells and whistles.

One more thing I have noticed is you seem intent on receiving feedback and listening to suggestions, why not actually act upon them?

Not sure if you actually expected people to hang around or maybe you don't care, but to cripple a league forum around 3 rounds into the season, then take forever week in week out to make unwanted changes is hardly a way to move forward, your timing could not have been worse and each week that you take to repair things is another week where potential/former/current posters will actually be on a real forum talking about RL.

Good Luc

HarrySack

HarrySack

Excellent questions Lewis, well written as well. 
harr

harr

why would you want to know that BackMePlease tipped Sandfly $27.5 in Wyndham race 8 or that dince71 and 7 others tipped Cajun Count $21 in Grafton race 1?

This is important information and really connecting us as good old fashioned punters 
VDO

VDO

Yes Lewis, agree with Harry Sack.

But unfortunately it would seem all in vain, A quick scan through the forums see's activity on the league front and in the club grandstands at a level that suggests a slow and painful death for this side of the site.

If not for a half dozen posters, there'd likely have been no activity at all since the mass exodus, and whilst many I'm sure will have logged in or simply browsed these pages to check on progress, every day they grow more and more comfortable in their new surrounds at other sites on the inter webs.

The delays in addressing the issues presented, or indeed the inability or unwillingness to do so at all, will only serve to exacerbate this, I simply cannot see this place ever resembling the community it once was.

Try as you might to hang in there and wait for these pages to return to something akin to what attracted you to this site in the first place, eventually you will see the futility of it all. and yet another nail will be hammered home into the coffin of what was once a fantastic site. 
Ball

Ball

Still the funniest joke to date 
RVD420

RVD420

@LUC Will the weekly round match previews with current and previous years statistics be making a return?

I used to like that about the old site, was suprised to see them no longer available on the new site 
Ball

Ball

HAHAHAHAH WHERE ARE YOU MESIAH? 
Ball

Ball

top stuff mods 
Ball

Ball

I didnt think much of this at first but this is so valid its not funny. 90% of the chatter left here is about betting odds on games and tips, which is probably how they wanted it. 
Ball

Ball

Havent seen Luc in a few wweeks, hes probably working on another failed acquisition 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Yeah this site is now going gangbusters with about 4 posts per day so time to move onto to another takeover. LOLZ 
Lewis06

Lewis06

22nd April LUC wrote: "We have long term plans for the PM feature (> 2 months), the quote feature will be returned within the next 2 weeks and post count isn't something we plan on returning."

Yeah right......

Luc , why did you buy this site to just destroy it? There are only about 5 posts a day on it if that. Are you happy with what you have done to it? 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181