The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 NRL Player Movements and Rumours

GTR

GTR

i have a half belief that at the right team with the right direction he could go very well.
perhaps a great impact man off the bench..
tiges could be that team 
Jororo85

Jororo85

I thought Mason had a pretty good season at the Cowboys before going to Europe, I think with the absence of Gibbs and Fafita, it may not be that bad of a signing for the Tigers. I would take Mason over Michael Bani any day of the week, I cannot believe Canberra have signed him..... 
MrChook

MrChook

Nady was picking Bani for Origin not that long ago. 
MightyMoo

MightyMoo

:lol: For the Blues I hope. 
GTR

GTR

theyd be stupid enough to pick him, they are desperate for a series win.. :lol:
have tigers confirmed or denied mason talk? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

This season also marks an important time for Taylor off the field with an offer to extend his time at Souths currently on the table.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/dave-taylor-wants-to-make-mark-at-rep-level/story-e6frexnr-1226260015659 
SonicStar

SonicStar

I think he will end up going back to QLD 
Rsag85

Rsag85

I hope not 
GTR

GTR

what makes you say that? just a random guess? 
Rsag85

Rsag85

His wife is rumoured to be homesick. 
Rsag85

Rsag85

The raiders are set to re-sign star fullback Josh Dugan on a three-year deal after he announced he wants to stay at the Raiders. A final decision on his future will be made in a matter of weeks.

Quote:“I’m pretty happy in Canberra at the moment and that’s where I’d like to stay with my family and friends,” Dugan said.

Source Rugby League Week 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Just the word on the street :) 
HarrySack

HarrySack

I heard that rumour a while back actually. 
annav3

annav3

Canberra try to lock Dugan into new deal

Greg Prichard

February 4, 2012
http://images.smh.com.au/2012/02/03/2936461/ipad-art-wide-josh-dugan-420x0.jpg Throwing it out there … Canberra chief Don Furner is hoping to meet Josh Dugan, above, and his manager next week about a new deal. Photo: Melissa Adams

CANBERRA chief executive Don Furner aims to schedule a meeting with the club's star player, Josh Dugan, and his manager, Paul Sutton, next week as the Raiders step up their bid to re-sign the representative fullback.
Dugan is on the Gold Coast to play in tonight's All Stars game and is due back in Canberra for training on Monday. Furner said that, once Dugan had returned, he would contact Sutton to arrange a get-together.
Negotiations to sign players usually do not physically involve the player himself until they reach the latter stages, and Furner has been talking to Sutton about Dugan's future. Sutton was quoted last month as saying the Raiders had ''made a good first offer''.
Advertisement: Story continues below
But with trial matches coming up and Furner remaining keen to try to extend Dugan's contract before the NRL competition starts on March 1, the chief executive believes next week represents good timing for the trio to meet.
Dugan is contracted until the end of this season, but interest in him beyond that is already keen, with Canterbury, St George Illawarra and Sydney Roosters among the clubs said to be interested.
If Dugan, 21, who broke into State of Origin football with NSW last year, is still not signed for next year a couple of months into this season, that interest will become a frenzy because he is among the hottest young players in the game.
''We've got two priorities at the Raiders at the moment,'' Furner said last night. ''One is to re-sign 'Duges', and the other is to find a major sponsor. We are doing everything we can to keep Duges, and ideally we'd like to do a new deal before the season kick-off. That doesn't mean that he necessarily wants to do it before the comp starts, but it's our aim to convince him with the right offer.
''I believe that if the commercial terms are right, Josh would like to stay here and try to win a grand final with his mates, but hopefully we'll know next week exactly what he's thinking at this time.
''His manager is based in Sydney, so once Duges is back after the All Stars game I'll give Paul a ring and try to set something up for the three of us next week. The next two weekends we've got trial games outside of Canberra, so before that would be a good time.''
Dugan re-signed for only one year the last time with Canberra. Furner said it was the club's desire that he re-sign for longer if he does stay on. ''We'd like at least two years, and I think Josh would want something similar,'' Furner said.
''A positive for us is that Josh has seen that he can realise his representative ambitions from here. He's already played for Country, the All Stars and NSW.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/canberra-try-to-lock-dugan-into-new-deal-20120203-1qxlp.html#ixzz1lO27OVlI 
GTR

GTR

hmm interesting, id say all 3 teams here would chase his signature if he makes it clear he wants back to qld 
annav3

annav3

Sea Eagles keen to keep Kieran Foran from joining the Bulldogs

[LIST]
[*]Brent Read
[*] From: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/ The Australian
[*] February 08, 2012 12:00AM
[/LIST]

MANLY officials will sit down for talks with Kieran Foran's management this morning, less than 48 hours before he and his teammates leave for England, as they try to keep the star five-eighth out of the clutches of Canterbury.

Thanks to a clause in his contract, Foran _ a key figure in the club's premiership win last season _ became a free agent when Hasler walked out on the Sea Eagles at the end of last season. Unsurprisingly, Hasler's new club Canterbury has been linked with a move for the New Zealand international.
While Foran vows to play this year with Manly, he is on the market for next year. The Sea Eagles want to ensure he stays on Sydney's northern beaches, and officials have begun talks over eliminating the get-out clause and extending his existing deal. "We're in regular dialogue with his management group and positive that Kieran wants to stay," Manly chief executive David Perry said.

Foran is not the only Sea Eagle in the Bulldogs' sights. The Australian understands the Bulldogs have targeted prop Darcy Lussick and Australian back rower Tony Williams. Williams signed a contract extension at the end of last season but has an option at the end of next year in his favour.
But Foran is the Sea Eagles' priority. The classy No 6 is a key figure as Manly heads to England to play Leeds in the World Club Challenge next weekend _ the first real test for Manly coach Geoff Toovey, who was handed the top job when Hasler left.
"One of the strengths of this team is we have got a really good senior players group and we are brutally honest with each other," Manly captain Jason King said.
Meanwhile, Gold Coast recruit Jamal Idris will play his first game for the Titans this weekend after being named in an extended squad for a pre-season trial against Brisbane.
Fellow recruit Beau Champion will also debut while the game shapes as another audition for Broncos pair Corey Norman and Ben Hunt, who are jostling for the No 6 jersey vacated by Darren Lockyer.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/sea-eagles-keen-to-keep-kieran-foran-from-joining-the-bulldogs/story-e6frg7mf-1226265161894 
annav3

annav3

According to Matty Johns both Stewart brothers will be at the Dogs 2013, Dugan to resign with Canberra DCE and Foran to resign with Manly 
annav3

annav3

Dugan update number 221 :)

The Canterbury Bulldogs, Sydney Roosters and St George Illawarra are all chasing his signature for next year's season.
Sources in the national capital have indicated that he is close to rejecting the offers and signing a new deal with the Raiders.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/canberra-raider-josh-dugan-to-face-court-charged-with-driving-at-more-than-45kmh-over-the-speed-limit/story-e6frexnr-1226265167675 
alchemist

alchemist

although Foran would be a great pick up for the Dogs, i hope he stays loyal to Manly 
BlackCat

BlackCat

I have heard that Penrith has extended Luke Walsh's contract by 2 years. Nothing official from the club though. 
knitey

knitey

Oh dear...poor Nady....he'll be heartbroken?:lol: 
SonicStar

SonicStar

with manly in dire straights off the field, money problems and all the rest you would expect a lot of their players get picked up by other clubs with Manly struggling to afford to keep them.

what goes around always comes around :) 
knitey

knitey

Karma.

But who would want Matai? 
Maximus89

Maximus89

Bred not bought 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

he may have to buy blue and white gear to match :lol: 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168