The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 NRL Player Movements and Rumours

SonicStar

SonicStar

Broncos are in the same position as most other clubs these days, if they want the super stars like Cronk they will have to pay overs. 
kit

kit

$850K ? Superstar? Easter Eggs in the shops already? Has the world gone mad!!! 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Whilst I take your point, what does that have to do with this? 
SonicStar

SonicStar

Would have to pay full price for Cronk. 
annav3

annav3

would Cronk be as effective without Cameron Smith and Billy Slater? Just saying.. Is he worth more than say Thurston? 
nopatience

nopatience

The point of the article was that they dont want him, not that they dont want him for that price. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Exactly. 
SonicStar

SonicStar

I think they saw the price tag and said too much.
It would be crazy for them not to be interested in signing cronk considering they have poor halves. 
brendanalderson

brendanalderson

That's the $850,000 question. I'd take Thurston over Cronk any day of the week and twice on Sundays if they had the same price tag. 
nopatience

nopatience

The Broncos have faith in the guys at the club they've spent the time and money on, what would be crazy is to abandon those systems at the expense of an import at the backend of his career.

I would prefer to have our 'poor' halves options over a halves pairing that consists of a lazy lock and a kid from Toyota Cup coming off a long term injury who hasn't played for 12months, let alone not even having played first grade. I guess that explains Souths interest in Cronk and Wallace. 
annav3

annav3

The Canberra Raiders have signed former Sea Eagle and Cowboy winger Michael Bani to a one-year deal for 2012 
SonicStar

SonicStar

hit a nerve... 
annav3

annav3

the Raiders had not long ago a plethora of talented young backs to pick from now they recruit Bani? What went wrong with this club 
broncospower

broncospower

you stick with your shit halfs. wallace has played for nsw and no one in your side ever has lol 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

TS_Quint

TS_Quint

No one is worth as much as Thurston except Cameron Smith. 
GTR

GTR

i was thinking the same thing. it would be just for depth but still odd. 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

Matt King ring a bell? :lol::lol::lol: ya moron 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Matt King for NSW

Greg Inglis for QLD (;))
Dave Taylor for QLD
Crocker for QLD

Asotasi, Luke for NZ

Burgess for ENG 
rabbitohs95

rabbitohs95

Just give up now broncos power, even your own supporters are trying to prove you wrong. I hate forum people like you that just act arrogant and cocky, think for once in your life. 
annav3

annav3

Kite flies into Widnes

Super League newcomers Widnes have signed Melbourne Storm prop forward Sione "John" Kite on a one-year deal.

The 6ft 5in, 18st Kite played for Canterbury Bulldogs in 2008 and 2009 before joining Melbourne, where he was released after making only three senior appearances in two injury-hit seasons.

The 24-year-old, a member of Tonga's 2008 World Cup squad, becomes the Vikings' 16th close-season recruit - subject to him receiving a visa.

Widnes coach Denis Betts said: "John is a big man and a good athlete and I'm confident he will do a great job for us.

"Moving to the other side of the world and to another competition isn't an easy decision for a young man to make but John is looking forward to the challenge and is backing himself to make an impression on Super League.

"He's been training with Canterbury back home and will arrive in good shape and ready for action."

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12228/7454540/Kite-flies-into-Widnes 
arther

arther

The Barnacle could turn out to be a gun signing for the Raiders.:lol: 
annav3

annav3

SCOOP from @RLW_Mole - Tigers have been holding sneaky talks with big Willie Mason... 
grobbo73

grobbo73

I also got the word from a mate at the Knights that Mason would be joining the Tigers. All inuendo and speculation atm but we'll soon see what ocurrs. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

They wouldn't, would they. His best year, was like, years ago. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168