The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 NRL Player Movements and Rumours

HarrySack

HarrySack

Yeah, can't really agree with that. Not saying he'd be a world beater, but we've really screwed his development by playing him as we have. Should have spent the last season or 2 in one of our feeder clubs earning his spot at 7. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

You're wasting your time. Sydneysiders like Janis and marcus are cut from the same insular Sydney branch like the rest of them.

If it isn't occurring in NSW then it just doesn't exist. :rolls: 
alchemist

alchemist

4 full seasons since he was Toyota Cup Player of the Year... has had some injury issues and has been seen more as a utility/hooker off the bench rather than a starting half... but he has had opportunities and hasn't really shined IMO

he is only 23 and thus, has time on his side... but i look at the progression of his peers, such as McGuire, Glenn, Yow Yeh, McCullough, and i just don't see it with Hunt

i hope i'm wrong 
alchemist

alchemist

you are biased against all things NSW & Sydney centric to the point that you have attacked everyday life in Sydney on this board... something that has nothing to do with league

for you to claim someone else is biased and insular is akin to a cannibal criticising another person's table manners 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

he has even made comments associating crime as a sydney issue but when we make similar retorts about QLD we are called every name under the sun. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I don't follow the Lower grades as much as I used to. Used to buy Big League and Rugby League week but don't find the publications worth it these days. 
alchemist

alchemist

demand a level of respect from others that he/they do not reciprocate 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Oh....you mean all these players that are playing in their natural position and are getting ample game time each week?

Please...... 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Other than being the boards biggest troll Marcus....I don't think I've called you any names? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

True I try and respect everyone. I just hate the sydney centric abuse comments.

Besides not our fault our media seems to be a Sydney bias towards them most the media do not cover the QLD teams I assume the QLD media is the same tho :) 
alchemist

alchemist

fair enough, i do not remember Hunt starting too many games as a half for the Broncos... but he has played half for the Broncos, has played what 60-70 games in FG, it is a position that the Broncos have had issues with in recent years (amplified by the retirement of Lockyer), he had some credit having been the U20's Player of the Year at halfback, and yet has not cemented a spot... in fact, the Broncos have made a desperation recruitment play of sorts by bringing in a 33 year old Prince and were in the market for Thurston

is it simply a case of Hunt not being given the opportunity in the 4 and half years since the Toyota Cup GF or hasn't he done enough to demand a starting spot, a spot in his preferred position? 
knitey

knitey

Pot Kettle Black.:P 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Point taken, a more talented player would have shown more in that time. I'll rephrase what I meant, had he been thrown into Qcup for 09 and most/all of 2010 as a half, I think we see a completely different player today. 
alchemist

alchemist

there is truth in that... something the Eels should have done as well with Daniel Mortimer 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Ozzie was more interested in getting that victory off the field against the dogs :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

the Eels did their best to not develop Mortimer... for example, when he was unofficially dropped but not sent down to Wentworthville in the NSW Cup... so they acknowledged that he shouldn't be in their top 17 but did nothing to help him fix his game 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Marcus is easily one of the sites biggest and, admittedly best, trolls. He asks a seemingly innocent question, just knowing it will make someone bite. Very zen of him actually. :lol: 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Excellent example 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

since you guys will be down a fullback when can we return Beale back to sender :lol: 
knitey

knitey

Yes I know, we should rename him Einstein.:D 
saints

saints

I feel I must step in and support my pal M79 here. He is not the boards biggest troll. Surely not ?

Although - I've never seen him in the same room as certain others and he does wear glasses. I've always been suspicious of the way he wears his underpants on the outside too ... :lol:

But - no - he is not that person ! 
MrFourex

MrFourex

It's a case of Andrew Gee being the biggest dickhead at the Broncos since Bruno Cullen left. He re-signed Peter Wallace thus boxing us into a corner, finding ourselves virtually forced now to play Wallace as the starting half.

Even most of the Wallace fanbots are now realising just how shit Peter Wallace is.

Bit hard for Hunt to demand a starting spot when he sits on the bench for a year and a half........and his only chance of fg is to play out of position as a replacement hooker.

Rd 3 last year against the Raiders he got his chance (Wallace was injured) and Hunt tore the Faiders a new one. Only then to retake his spot on the bench the week after when the red headed numpty was fit again.

I don't agree at all that he has been given plenty of opportunity. If anything I think Brisbane/Gee/Griffin has ruined his career.

I picked him the one to go before Norman. 
annav3

annav3

Lol what did I start ? 
alchemist

alchemist

a contract does not necessarily box a team in if playing the player is not in the team's best interests... for example, Mortimer signed a 2 year deal with the Eels with a 3rd year option in his favour... he exercised the 3rd year option but then got dropped for the remainder of the 2nd year and then was released from the 3rd year and joined the Roosters

whether Wallace is the right player for the Broncos '7' jersey, i'm not sure... but i think it is clear that he is backed by the Broncos management (eg. he must have re-signed twice during his time at Red Hill)... when they brought in a rep and premiership winning halfback in Prince (granted, he is over the hill), Wallace retained the no. 7 jersey

Hunt and Norman both vied for the vacant five eighth spot when Lockyer retired but the club preferred Norman... when that didn't work out, the club again ignored Hunt and signed Prince... and as noted above, Wallace has not been dislodged from the halfback position

Thurston had similar struggles trying to establish himself at the Dogs with Sherwin and Anasta preferred... and we saw how that turned out... but such a situation has to be considered an exception to the norm and i am going to have to see more of Hunt before i believe he is a very good starting FG halfback

good luck to him though 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

maybe we should sign him could not be worse than what we have right now :lol: 

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181