The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 NRL Player Movements and Rumours

Marcus1979

Marcus1979

parra don't have problems signing their own players its the outsiders where problems arise ;) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I'll believe that once we actually finalise these signings. 
alchemist

alchemist

Hayne's a lost cause... will keep re-signing with the Eels club

hopefully, though, Loko sees the light and moves on 
annav3

annav3

Wests Tigers to announce the re-signing of Robbie Farah on a 4 year deal today 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Agents play a role in that. 
annav3

annav3

Shane Flanagan has labelled the retention of free agent Todd Carney as ''priority No.1' after being reinstated as Cronulla coach. However, it is understood Carney has reservations about committing to the Sharks, given the uncertain future of both the playing group and the embattled club.
Flanagan's fortnight in purgatory ended after the completion of a second review by consultancy firm Grant Thornton.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/carney-the-priority-for-reinstated-flanagan-20130322-2glaj.html#ixzz2OGkvln29 
annav3

annav3

The Warriors have moved to head off approaches to Feleti Mateo and are poised to re-sign the influential back-rower.
The 28-year-old NSW State of Origin contender has been one of the Warriors' top priorities to retain once his contract runs out at the end of this season.
Negotiations between Mateo, his agent and the Warriors have been continuing since late last year and it is understood they are close to being finalised.
Other clubs had been interested in luring the NSW-born Mateo back across the Tasman, but recently it became clear the Warriors were the favourites to again claim his signature.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/warriors-move-to-take-mateo-off-market-20130323-2gmf9.html#ixzz2OMn2ZX4j 
alchemist

alchemist

Mateo is not worth the money it would take to sign him away from the Warriors... too inconsistent 
professional

professional

Figured Parramatta would be trying to sign Mateo. 
yourhero

yourhero

One of the last players I would want my club to sign... For every decent offload, there is 3 stupid ones. More annoying is the fact that he regularly drifts across field so much that he doesn't leave any room for the centre or winger to do anything. 
professional

professional

I like Mateo a lot, I think he has improved significantly (mostly by becoming more consistent) in the last few years. He was a massive part of the Warrior's success in 2011. I just find it frustrating that he always takes the ball flat-footed and always plays the ball through the line. 
annav3

annav3

Crisis looms for St George Illawarra with 13 big names yet to be re-signed for 2013

A crisis looms for St George Illawarra with 13 big names yet to be re-signed for next year, while their coach Steve Price also faces an uncertain future.

The club could be facing a mass exodus next year, with 19 players in total off contract. And not one recruit has been signed for 2014.
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2013/03/23/1226604/068548-off-contract-dragons.jpg
While stars Mitchell Pearce, Johnathan Thurston and Robbie Farah have recently re-signed for their respective clubs, the Dragons have yet to secure the likes of Ben Creagh, Mitch Rein, Michael Weyman and Jamie Soward beyond this season.

The club has also failed in their attempts to recruit Pearce, Thurston and Roosters centre Michael Jennings.

It is understood the uncertainty over Price's future is one factor holding up the club's recruitment and retention.

Several players, including Creagh, have urged the club to extend Price's tenure.

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/03/23/1226604/067771-off-contract-dragons.jpg
Players from rival clubs are also reticent to link with the Dragons with no clue who will be coaching them.

The failure of the NRL to sign off on the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) has also been a hindrance, although it has not stopped other clubs from re-signing their biggest stars. However, Dragons CEO Peter Doust last night said there was no need for alarm and the club was well advanced in negotiations.

"All clubs are regularly reviewing their roster - and not just for the current year but for the years ahead," Doust said.
"Contract negotiations are extremely complex, particularly in a market that has been influenced by cap increases over the next five years.
"We are well advanced in the negotiation process with a number of our players who are off contract this year, as would be expected, but we are not interested in speculating on these commercially in-confidence matters at this point in time."

The Dragons could also be planning a clean-out, with several stars including Nathan Fien, Matt Prior, Matt Cooper, Weyman and Soward all facing uncertain futures.

It is understood the club has made retaining captain Creagh and rising young hooker Mitch Rein a priority and discussions are underway.
Creagh said last week that he was eager to put pen to paper and extend his career with the club.
"I've got no plans to leave and I don't want to leave. It's not a worry for me and hopefully it will be sorted out," Creagh said. "I'd love to finish my career at the club."

Cooper was expected to retire at the end of the season but may opt to play on.

The Dragons are attempting to lure Josh Dugan to the club immediately while Todd Carney is another target.
Price's future has been under the spotlight, with the Dragons making a failed bid to lure Craig Bellamy away from the Melbourne Storm.

After missing out on the man regarded as the game's best coach, the club was rumoured to be circling the Sharks' Shane Flanagan.

Since being reinstated by the Sharks for Sunday's clash against the Warriors, Flanagan has distanced himself from the talk and pledged his commitment to Cronulla for the next two years.

Steve Folkes and Tim Sheens have both been spoken of as Dragons coaches, although many feel the 35-year-old Price should be given longer to prove himself as an NRL coach.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/crisis-looms-for-st-george-illawarra-with-13-big-names-yet-to-be-re-signed-for-2013/story-fn2mcuj6-1226604308992#.UU6C1VcpseU 
annav3

annav3

time to go Cooper and Fien 
annav3

annav3

wow the dollar figures quoted today for Corey Norman is out of the stratosphere. Kite getting a contract.. Broncos and Dragons keen for Dugan..elite players paradise. The Comp needs a proper reserve grade to raise the bar in depth of talent 
saints

saints

So true Anna - and played on game day. So we can see how the "replacements" are going. 
annav3

annav3

that is right, fans like to bag players and say they should be dropped, but most of these fans wouldn't know who is running around in NSW Cup.

there isn't much there at the moment.

there is a place for NYC but about 80% of these players wouldn't be ready for NRL footy for a long while and some don't even make it to NSW Cup. Salary cap needs changing and structures of comps 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Agreed, so much. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Do broncos have a NYC team or just Clydesdales in QLD cup? 
HarrySack

HarrySack

...not sure if serious...

All NRL teams have a NYC team. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

you never hear about em whereas the commentators always talk about warriors and dogs lower grades :lol: 
annav3

annav3

from what I recall Ben Hunt from the Broncos won NYC player of the year ahead of Ben Barba..not sure how Ben Hunt is going these days.. 
alchemist

alchemist

not really a fan of Ben Hunt... competent but he has had plenty of opportunities to establish himself in the top grade and has not 
alchemist

alchemist

the Broncos made the inaugural Toyota Cup GF with a team that included Alex Glenn, Hoffman, Yow Yeh, Ben Hunt, McCullough, McGuire etc. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Plenty of opportunities .......??

You mean like playing on avergae 10-14 mins a game from the bench as a utility / dummy half?

Pfft... 
warriorpoet

warriorpoet

you obviously don't follow league much... every team has a nyc team and toowoomba clydesdales haven't been brisbanes feeder team since 2006! brisbanes feeder teams are central qld capras, norths devils, redcliffe dolphins, wynnum manly seagulls and ipswich jets (according to the broncos website)... the clydsdales aren't even in the qld cup anymore! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play St Pat's Gympie Monday week.
ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181