The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013/14 NRL Player Movements and Rumours

annav3

annav3

and Darren Lockyers salary was only $275K....give me a break.. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

They play for peanuts because they love Brisbane. :) 
Morkel

Morkel

Again, it was that only $250k of his contract was included in the cap. Y'know, loyalty to League and all. He was getting paid far more than that, and it was all declared and rubber stamped.

Sam Burgess at $250k? Give me a break on that one. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Not even you are that naive.

Think it was Cullen said it best. "Creative accounting". On a TV interview. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

As for Sam, I don't know . Your guess could be right, but we don't field a SoO team. 
nopatience

nopatience

Maroon4life

Maroon4life

Food and board. 
saints

saints

Time the NRL graded players - i e points. Base NRL player = 5; SOO = +2; Test = +3; etc. Then discounts for years served one club - eg 1% per year; 15% for 10 years, 25% for 15 years etc. Clubs are allowed a figure - maybe 100 points and they must stay at or under that figure. Everyone would know exactly who was where and be able to add the data (well almost everyone ... :) ).

Money paid would be irrelevant - ie NO NEED FOR MONETARY CAP ! You can pay what you like - but you must have 25 players and they must not add up to more than the allotted points. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

Galloway and Coote both out for season 
knitey

knitey

What happened to Coote? 
Morkel

Morkel

Both players have pec injuries. Immediate surgery for babyface. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Coote injured again- FFS has he had an injury free season? So much talent but might not ever get to see the best of it.

I believe Coote and Galloway both tore pecs. 
annav3

annav3

ban the wrestle..less injuries 
professional

professional

Coote wasn't injured because of wrestling. 
Morkel

Morkel

Looked like an over-extension as he swung his arm out to me. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Gotta ask.

Why did he swing his arm out to you? :) 
Morkel

Morkel

Oh Les, he was high-fiving to me because of the Broncos win. Everyone loves the Broncos, y'know. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

No No.:D 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

The dragons love the broncos also didn't you see them wave the white flag ;) 
HarrySack

HarrySack

:lol: Great response. 
stevevw

stevevw

don't know why you say dogs over cap only bought one player this year and lost about 10. some good ones to stagg, goodwin, jono right, payne, foster and now turner. look at roosters, cowboys, Souths, manly, sharks, Newcastle and broncos they have as good if not better sides on paper. teams can have a lot of top players now with cap increase. only a bit over a year ago inu, perrit, Reynolds, Jackson, kasiano, finucane were not well known. dogs turn no names into big names. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Expect Jarryd Hayne and Jacob Loko to be re-signed by the Eels in coming weeks. 
professional

professional

:hmm: Krisnan Inu and Sam Perrett were pretty well known to anybody who paid attention to the NRL. They were both Test players and one (or both of them) have played in every Grand Final since 2009. The Dogs just signed two reasonably big name players who were out of favour at their clubs. 
annav3

annav3

they weren't wanted by their clubs though and they subsidised their payments for last year. Warriors paying for Inu to play at the bulldogs. Soundsl like a good arrangement to me :) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Well now I am expecting it, so if it doesn't happen I'm coming for you Chewie. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181