The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 season crowd numbers

rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

That will do it Marcus. 
anin84

anin84

I know the ARLC are trying to get crowd averages up to 20k per game by 2017. I don't know how there going to do it, maybe get volunteers to flog off a few thousand tickets a couple of days before the games as a promotional thing. 
knitey

knitey

[h=2]2013 season home ground crowd numbers[/h]ROOSTERS...............47,991.

EELS.......................38,419.

KNIGHTS.................37,693.

WARRIORS...............32,740.

BRONCOS................31,139.

SHARKS...................29,724.

STORM....................28,174.

W/TIGERS................28,041.

TITANS....................25,403.

PANTHERS...............23,822.

COWBOYS................19,288.

RABBITOHS..............14,128.

DRAGONS.................13,156.

SEA EAGLES..............12,263.

RAIDERS...................12,115.

BULLDOGS................11,627.

TOTAL..................405,723........after RD 3. 
annav3

annav3

the Dogs finally get a proper home game this week

if the weather is good on Friday we should hit first spot :) 
knitey

knitey

Yes, the figures are a bit skeewed at the present, but will even out as the season progresses. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

You be there Anna :) 
annav3

annav3

yeah I hope so :)

I have a big sporting week. Saturday Wanderers v Sydney FC, tonight Socceroos Friday NRL.

I have been going to Parra stadium this off season for the A League, it is a good venue for sporting events. Easy to park, lots of places to eat, and the ground size is perfect

I haven't been to parra for years as they move the dogs game to ANZ stadium..

the only drawback is queues for food and restrooms but can't have it all I guess. 
silverygibbon

silverygibbon

That's pretty bloody ordinary for a Friday night, Saturday night and two Sunday games in 'Rugby League heartland'. 
andrewt

andrewt

Last year's average was 16423 so it's a couple of thousand down. Better crowds can be achived from better scheduling but of course the TV money factor has a way of blocking the chances.

rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Twice you have stuck it up me. Go back and read the thread and then have the common decency to apologise. Yeah, that will happen.

Weak kneed twit. 
knitey

knitey

RD 4

Sea Eagles v W/Tigers.....................11,758. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

why are NRL crowds so poor on a Thursday Night for?

is it from unattractive matchups?

i.e in AFL Carlton played Richmond last night and the crowd was 80,971 which is a great crowd even by AFL standards. 
knitey

knitey

Not sure Marcus, but it is Easter and a few peole go away for holidays, it was raining in Gosford etc, to me, and I've been to a few games at Bluetongue, I thought that there was more people there.....say around 12.5-13K. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

its hard to blame the issue on Thursdays when AFL can put up big numbers on Thursdays. There must be some other issue. 
knitey

knitey

AFL in it's home states is more like a religion than a sport. 
MrChook

MrChook

Manly's fans are notorius for not wanting to travel. I thought it was a bit of poor planning too from the NRL - who in their right mind would want to travel up the F3 at peak hour at the start of the Easter long weekend?? At that time the F3 is a bloody carpark. 
knitey

knitey

Ah...the memories.

I do agree Mr C...some of the scheduling so far this season has been baffling. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

my mistake I was under the impression it was at Brookvale :lol: 
MrChook

MrChook

Made the mistake of driving home from the 'Gong on Boxing Day once. Trip was going fine until I got to Chatswood - hour and a half to get to the F3 then another 3.5 hours to get to the Wyong exit. 
knitey

knitey

Got caught driving back to WoyWoy from Sydney once.....bushfires......spent 2 days in the car, bloody awful. 
woodies

woodies

Gosford was a strange choice on day before good friday and long weekend. The trip up for manly and tigers fans wouldn't have been attractive on a rainy evening.
Do locals still love the Northern Eagles? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

you mean they were beloved? 
MrChook

MrChook

Would that be the '91 fires? I was working at Hornsby then and got the last train to leave to C/Coast. The fires closed in and we got standed at Hawkesbury River station for several hours, half of the commuters got off and ventured over to the pub and we all got plastered until someone rushed in and said that one train got the go ahead to continue on. That publican must've loved that bushfire, made him a fortune. 
knitey

knitey

It was around 91....I can't remember exactly. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Does anyone know how the Northern Quad series has gone? Or when it is on?
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168