The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 season crowd numbers

knitey

knitey

I disagree on your first one, but the NZ and Cowboys games were OK. 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

It was about 22 degrees with a cool breeze that is no excuse 
annav3

annav3

the parra, Cowboys and Warriors venues can't be classed as suburban grounds

millions of tax payer funded dollars spent on OKI and the locals don't even appreciate it. Why request millions for brookvale oval 12K crowd. It will take 50 years to get the money back. come on support your local football team guys

Skilled park, now how much of govt money went into that venue? the titans should have had a bigger crowd. 
andrewt

andrewt

Wollongong Stadium has a capacity of 14K I believe. 
knitey

knitey

Did you see the game...it was over half empty. 
annav3

annav3

is that all?? 
knitey

knitey

Overview

Positioned overlooking the Pacific Ocean, WIN Stadium is situated at the lower end of the Wollongong Central Business District on the corner of Crown & Harbour Streets, Wollongong.
WIN Stadium is designed as a multi-purpose facility with the ability to host a variety of sporting and special events. The venue capacity is 23,000 with approximately 13,000 seats undercover. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Was the tigers game yesterday at Leicchardt? It's abysmal if it was 
knitey

knitey

No.....Campbelltown. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

They played Penrith on the western suburbs on a Sunday afternoon and attracted a crowd less than 10k something does not make sense here :lol: 
andrewt

andrewt

Are we all talking down the game here? Are you all wanting teams to merge even more to try and get bigger crowds? There will be big crowds this year and small crowds. Each will have a reason for why they attracted the size they did.

As for the Dragons V Broncos game don't forget Saints were coming off a bad start to the year and aren't expected to do well this year plus paklying a team from Qld ain't going to get many opposition fans at the game, especially when there's no direct flight from Brisbane to the gong.

If tonights game onlt gets 13K will you be bleeting at how bad a turn out it is? Just discussing here not attacking anyone.;) 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Wasn't it the merged teams attendance that they were complaining about? 
knitey

knitey

Weren't complaining....just commenting. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Ooops. Suitably admonished. :)

I was actually being anti merge. 
andrewt

andrewt

I was suggesting maybe they need to merge even more to pull a better crowd. Seriously the Tigpies this year don't have any fizz yet to attrack a decent crowd and after round 1 effort you might think their following were a bit shy at turning up. Might interesting to see what kind of a crowd they get to the next Leichhardt game. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I don't think merging in any way increases crowd numbers. 
chookdance

chookdance

what's a realistic number for tonights game? with how souths performed last week you would assume their fans would be out in force but the sharks fans don't seem to leave the bubble very often. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

If they got 30,000 it would still look sparse in ANZ.

Back to Allianz

Maybe 13k - 14k ?

Monday not a good night. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Old article on Monday night football, but interesting.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/monday-night-footy-a-2m-black-hole/story-e6frexnr-1226025679565 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Les I take it you prefer Allianz over ANZ? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

the dragons crowd was not ideal but it was expected if you look at the form of both clubs.

both clubs have had a ordinary start to season ordinary trial form and ended last season very lethargic. 
chookdance

chookdance

i was thinking if they got 20k they would be very happy yeah Monday night is rubbish for crowds 
knitey

knitey

[INDENT] RD 2

Eels v Bulldogs..........25,068.

Dragons v Broncos....13,156.

Cowboys v Storm......19,288.

Warriors v Roosters...32,740.

Titans v Raiders.........12,267.

W/Tigers v Panthers...9715.

Sea Eagles v Knights..12,263.

Rabbitohs v Sharks....14,128

TOTAL.................................... 138,625 [/INDENT] 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Any day of the week, Marcus.

I like the money we get from ANZ, but that is all. 
knitey

knitey

CLUB TOTALS after RD 2

EELS............................38,419.

ROOSTERS...................35,952.

WARRIORS...................32,740.

BRONCOS.....................31,139.

KNIGHTS......................21,935.

COWBOYS....................19,288.

STORM.........................16,251.

RABBITOHS..................14,128.

DRAGONS....................13,156.

TITANS........................12,267.

SEA EAGLES................12,263.

BULLDOGS..................11,627.

PANTHERS..................10,882.

W/TIGERS..................9,715.

RAIDERS.................NO HOME GAME YET.

TOTAL...................297,302..........after RD 2. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181