The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

COMMISSION BUREAUCRACY......who pays

sevens

sevens

Interesting developments,a whole new bureacracy(to complement the jumping castles)....I guess the NRL clubs will have reduced payments....yeh sure....so where will the money come from?....one wonders about the commission,yes they did get a big TV deal,but Bill Hayden could have done that deal!!!!!!! 
DenDenizen

DenDenizen

Yes, I wish my boss would bring in 2 new blokes to do 66% of my job and keep my wages the same.

Times have changed it used to be if the boss made a mistake and employed someone who didn't work out or they could do a job properly they got the boot. Not any more it seems.

devilzulu

devilzulu

Bill Hayden could have done the deal?
We should have done that type of deal last time around as well, but we didn't. Show's you just how much Gallop and News LTD held the game back.
Good to see the NRL moving into line with other billion dollar businesses. 
sevens

sevens

7 depatments another 5 or 6 in each department....sounding like a bureacracy....banks are bureaucracies. 
sevens

sevens

7 departments another 5 or 6 in each department....sounds like a bureaucracy....most banks (ie Wales NBA etc )are bureaucracies....investment banks like Bearing or ING etc are a completely different proposition....was Smith a staight banker or investment banker,anyone know...why were the appointments secret,and not publicised,I guess headhunters could have been involved,but who knows....Interesting that Smith can have all this freedom and support(or does he?)and Gallup did not,however I am no Gallup supporter......interesting that the appointments are NRL centric and some of his greatest criticcs are now on board.....finally is there a grass roots junior country dept.....not certain? 
VDO

VDO

Lloyds - investment bank.
But then so was Lehman Bros.

napoleon

napoleon

Have a look at the numbers involved in the various depts in the AFL,and see what real bureaucracy is all about.They have legions of management compared to the NRL.In business you sometimes have to spend money to make it.
The code will receive $1.25bn over 5 years.7x$2.5m pa for 7 dept chiefs is chicken feed.
Unless we all want to go back to chicken raffles.The grassroots and the regional areas will not be negelected ,the code has money to throw around and save for infrastructure at the end of 2017.
We had stuff all mgt with the past admin,and were marking time and in fact lost money last year. 
bigbear

bigbear

really really hope grass roots is not forgotten when all this money is distributed.These multi million dollar deals for players new contracts starting from 2014.Yes the elite players are the product .I understand that but mum and dad who are trying to pay for junior registration plus some footy boots and lets not forget some fuel to get them to training and games.These are the people that can not be forgotten about.These people have to pay for there own transport and fuel.They are not given brand new cars with a fuel card to go with it.Have seen young men selected to play MM/CC from the country who have had to pull out because mum and dad could not afford the petrol to travel in and out to training.This is where grass roots footy is.Commissioner John Grant please dont forget the country and junior footy.We are not on $400.000 plus a year.Not crying poor just a fact. 
mudnblood

mudnblood

good luck 
sevens

sevens

Commission and Smithy going well......I see crowds and TV audiences are down,junior numbers stagnant.......bureacracy is bigger,new integrity commission is showing great promise,Schubert is still the forensic accountant and the cap is still a minefield(sonny bill still not sorted),and can anyone tell me the funding going to grassroots 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Bull66 - Anyone going to have a crack at naming the Qld 16 team ?
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168