The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Norths Devils 2013

harrofam

harrofam

[h=1]Andrew Wynyard won't re-invent the wheel when he takes over as Norths Devils' Intrust Super Cup coach[/h]
[LIST]
[*] by: Jacob Grams, Northside Chronicle
[*] From: Quest Newspapers
[*] October 16, http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/north/andrew-wynyard-wont-re-invent-the-wheel-when-he-takes-over-as-norths-devils-intrust-super-cup-coach/story-fn8odvfn-1226496577663
[/LIST]

Norths Devils have appointed 2012 Redcliffe Dolphins assistant coach Andrew Wynyard as head coach for the 2013 season.

Wynyard, who masterminded the Dolphins' FOGS Cup grand final win over the Devils in 2011, will take over from Craig Hodges, who has accepted a role as Brisbane Broncos under-20s coach.
Wynyard, who won two premierships with the Dolphins after stints with English Super League club London Broncos and St George-Illawarra in the NRL, said he jumped at the chance to further his coaching career.
"I thought it would be a good challenge for me," he said.
"Personally I'm not going to go there and re-invent the wheel. My job is to hopefully build on the success they had last season."
Norths Devils CEO Mark Murray said an enthusiastic Wynyard would bring some fresh ideas to the club after a successful coaching apprenticeship.

The 37-year-old has worked under Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Griffin, John Dixon and Gary O'Brien, the Devils' Colts coach.
Murray said Wynyard's journey through the coaching ranks was appealing.
"He's done some hard yards and has a good base to coach at this level of footy," he said.
"I think what we did in 2012 has put in a really good base (for Wynyard) and I'm hopeful we'll keep the majority of the squad together."
Devils backrower Chris McLean will be the only absence from the club's pre-season training after being invited to train with the Brisbane Broncos.
The club also stands to benefit from the Broncos' retention of hooker Kurt Baptiste.
The Devils return to the park on November 12. 
pandkmurphy

pandkmurphy

Thats a fantastic signing, a gun coach.Massive loss by recliffe who are stuck with the arrogant dictator. They have missed heir chance of winning a cup 
harrofam

harrofam

Some major work going on down at Bashup. Check out the pics on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/Norths.Devils.RLSC 
MhatMcoat

MhatMcoat

You're not whistling dixie there H 
sevens

sevens

Looks like it was in 1960....as a matter of fact a lot of it comes from 1960
Where are they training?Back to Oxenham or the juniors 
harrofam

harrofam

Presumably Wavell High. 
IMASHADOW

IMASHADOW

Norths seniors will train at Wavell and that is an arrangement that has nothing to do with the redevelopment of Bishop Park.

Norths have also built a new building for dressing rooms. The building is out the front of the old dressing rooms and connected with a breeze way.

The old dressing rooms will be the away dressing rooms and the new building will be for Norths.

At the end of the next season they are building an Administration Block and Gym.

Not going too bad for a club that the QRL didn not want to admit to the orginal Qld Cup season. 
sevens

sevens

They ever find those couple of valleys players who disappeared in the corner hole(pig pen end)circa 1986. 
sevens

sevens

I see from the QRL website Norths appear stable for players.Pity about Jacob Samoa.
I assume their are a few new Broncos going there?
Anyone know? 
colmac

colmac

At the AGM we were told that we had kept the majority of players from last season (not sure who we have lost unfortunately). There are a few players who played colts or MM that went to the Broncos NYC who are now coming back to the club. I think Tristan Lumley and Ben Malley were a couple of those mentioned. 
IMASHADOW

IMASHADOW

Broncos contracted Mitchell Frei has left for Newcastle and Kurt Baptiste in talks with and likely to move to Canberra. 
harrofam

harrofam

[h=1]Norths swoops on former FOGS Cup players[/h] http://quest.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

RUGBY LEAGUE: Norths has picked over the carcass of Wests’ fallen FOGS Cup and FOGS Colts sides, securing the services of as many as 10 former Panthers for next year.
With Wests withdrawing their two senior teams from next year’s competitions, Norths have used new FOGS Cup coach and former Wests mentor Mark Gliddon’s ties to bring the Panthers players to Bishop Park. ‘‘From Wests, we’ve picked up Kainga Turner, Nathan Lowrie, Jody Henry, James Geurtjens, Zac Hook, Kevin Sherrif and James Sharkey for the A-grade side, as well as two colts in Jordan Mitchell and Andrew Gormley,’’ Gliddon said.

‘‘Ryan Brown will probably be there as well, who was with Wests two years ago. (Norths) have kept the majority of last year’s players plus they’ve signed a couple, so I think all three grades will be very strong.’’
Gliddon said that he jumped at the chance to join the Devils. 
PeterPan

PeterPan

has benn malley signed for the devils. word is he has been at norths pre season for the first 2 weeks but is in talks with easts 
harrofam

harrofam

With Wests players filling a number of spots in Norths reggies team will we see Geoffrey running out in a Devils jersey in 2013 with a stuffed toy Devil under his arm in replace of his tatty old toy black panther? 
colmac

colmac

I certainly hope not. 
sevens

sevens

I thought he would be getting his iron lady jersey out of mothballs.

Are the field and sheds finished? 
sevens

sevens

Did Redcliffe end up with North Lakes?.....I guess the poorer clubs need all the help they can get! 
colmac

colmac

Trials 2013

Trial dates for Norths Devils.

16 Feb - Norths V Sunshine Coast at the Coast in 5 grades
23 Feb - Norths v Tweed down the Coast ( Les Burger Field, Cabaritta)in
3 grades
2 March - Norths V Redcliffe at Bishop Park (hopefully, if the field is
not quite ready we will switch to Dolphin Oval) 3 grades 
bigyabby

bigyabby

Will there be some team lists before the end of the week? 
colmac

colmac

This weekends trial game (Norths v Redcliffe) has now been moved to Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe - due to wet weather at Albert Bishop Park (home grounds).. Please try and get up to Redcliffe to support our boys! GO THE MIGHTY DEVILS!
This trial also is now on Sunday - Fogs Colts; 11:30am
Fogs Cup: 1:00pm
QLD Cup: 3:00pm 
RichardTheIII

RichardTheIII

Vaiao and Watene, how they going? 
colmac

colmac

Both played FOG's last week against Ipswich. Troydon Watene looks like he has spent plenty of time at Jack Purcell's, but as he regains fitness will be a great asset. 
Wilco

Wilco

INTRUST SUPER CUP teams Round 2
Souths Logan Magpies v Norths Devils at Davies Park on Sunday, March 24 - 3pm

Souths Logan Magpies
1. Ben Henaway 2. Dallas Anderson 3. Nick Doyle 4. David Faamita 5. Luke Archer 6. Phil Dennis (c) 7. Rhys Jacks 8. Mat Pitman 9. Ben Cronin 10. Andrew Edwards 11. Chris Faust 12. Tulson Caird 13. Rez Phillips 14. Ben Thorburn 15. Darcy Wright 16. Sam Gardel 17. Zac Lemburg
Coach: Mark Beaumont

Norths Devils
1. Linc Port 2. Dylan Galloway 3. Namila Davui 4. Joel Bailey 5. Tristian Lumley 6. Matt Smith (c) 7. Gary Riccardi 8. Jarrod Wallace 9.Kurt Baptiste 10. James Geurtjens 11. Chris McLean 12. Brendon Gibb 13. Dan Beasley 14. Angus Cameron 15. Pat McPherson 16. Natthan Cleaver 17. Nathan Lowrie
Coach: Andrew Wynyard

Referee: Robert Gallacher
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #ISC #SLMvDEVILS

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=qldcup-weekly-teams 
Wilco

Wilco

Round 2 Intrust Super Cup Preview
QRL Media
21/03/2013 4:39:11 PM

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/image/00037199-image.jpg

SOUTHS LOGAN MAGPIES v NORTHS DEVILS
Davies Park, Sunday, March 24 - 3pm
Referee: Robert Gallacher
Head to Head: Norths 22 Souths Logan 11
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #ISC #SLMvDEVILS

Souths Logan skipper Phil Dennis plays his 150th Cup game on Sunday and he would love nothing more than to celebrate with a win against this week’s opposition the Devils. The Magpies have now gone 10 games without a win (although in that time they have secured two draws) and will be looking to break that run of outs in front of their home crowd.

The Devils however will provide stiff competition and are coming off a strong win over the Ipswich Jets where their young forwards, including Dan Beasley and Chris McLean, were amongst the try-scorers.

Following a week in the FOGS Cup competition, forward Sam Gardel returns to the Intrust Super Cup team and will start from the bench. Broncos back-rower Dunamis Lui has been named on an extended bench for Brisbane’s NRL side and may again re-join the Devils this weekend to further bolster their forward pack.

QRL Media tips: Souths Logan by 2. We’ll tip an upset here and back the Magpies to bounce back from a disappointing defeat at the hands of Easts in round 1. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - I haven't heard that school mentioned a lot lately from up that way David. Normally it's the Innisfails/Willows/Belgian Gardens etc that ...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181