The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Death of BRL

BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

Yep, on a couple of channels. '84 GF was live into Sydney. 
slip

slip

Cool. Don't recall it, but like I said I was a fanatical Parra fan. 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

Understandable. 
sevens

sevens

I seem to remember we never saw the sydney comp on TV until 10 monday night on the ABC. 
balmania

balmania

hi
i have copies of the brl competion ladders from 1935 onwards.
nothing before though. 
slip

slip

Wow. Do you have any Parramatta memorabilia from the old days? 
balmania

balmania

not that i know of.might have some posters or somthing from some old magazines, .i use to follow balmain in the sydney comp and easts in the brisbane comp,still go out and watch easts in the Qld cup 
slip

slip

That's OK. I'm always looking to add to my website (signature). History of the Parramatta Eels. 
XXXXCap

XXXXCap

The Brisbane Sunday Lang Park match in the 1970s would get 15,000 - 20,000 regularly. The other three games would get close to 5,000.

Let's not forget, on top of that, significant crowds were attending weekly club games in Ipswich, Toowoomba, Maryborough, Rocky, Mackay, Townsville, Mt Isa and a host of other towns.

In total, I would reckon that people attending Rugby League games in Queensland each week in the 1970s would have been at least equal to the number going now on half of the population back then. Remember that the NRL clubs essentially only play in Qld every fortnight and don't always have a big crowd even with the saturation publicity they receive. 
matthew

matthew

Those pictures are back in 1984/85 when Wynnum and Souths played in the Grand Finals. So obviously she was older when she blasted herself into the public spotlight in 1996. But the smile and facial expression is that of Pauline Hanson. I'm adamant it's her LOL. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181