The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Central Queensland Capras 2013

CQItalia

CQItalia

[h=1]CQ NRL bid joins forces with Capras in boost for league[/h] http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/cq-nrl-bid-joins-forces-capras-boost-league/1598099/#comments Have your say
[LIST]
[*] 26th Oct 2012 10:16 AM
[/LIST]

http://media2.apnonline.com.au/img/media/images/2012/09/11/25-1819397-gla180812nrlb_fct1024x630x52_t460.jpg CQ NRL Bid CEO Denis Keeffe. Contributed
THE CQ Capras and the CQ NRL Bid have joined together to form a powerful and progressive new rugby league entity.
Prominent businessman Geoff Murphy will chair the newly formed board and former Capras chairman Doug Webber will be deputy chairman.
Representatives from the CQ NRL Bid board and the current Capras board will make up the new CQ Capras board.
Denis Keeffe will assume the joint role of CEO of the CQ NRL Bid and CQ Capras, while CQ NRL Bid's business and community development manager Walson Carlos will serve as the CQ Capras operations manager.
Longstanding major sponsor, the Rockhampton Leagues Club, will continue its association with the new CQ Capras entity, providing vital financial support for Central Queensland's premier rugby league club.
The merger has been endorsed by the QRL, NRL and ARL commission and will be a massive boost for rugby league in Central Queensland.
Mr Murphy said it was a great day for rugby league in the region.
"I'm excited by the potential of this merger and I'd like to acknowledge the great work done by the former Capras board," Mr Murphy said.
Former Capras chairman Doug Webber, who will now fill the role of vice-chairman for the new Capras board, said he couldn't be happier with the partnership.
"It's great to have people of the calibre of Geoff Murphy and Denis Keeffe with the expertise and experience in rugby league and business, and I look forward to working closely with them to take the Capras to the next level," he said.
Mr Keeffe said it was time for Central Queenslanders to unite and get behind the exciting new entity.
"I feel sure the CQ Capras will be successful on and off the football field and will make the region very proud of our performances,
"I'd like to challenge any former players, officials, spectators, members, supporters and sponsors to contact the club about the wonderful opportunities that now exist."

http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/cq-nrl-bid-joins-forces-capras-boost-league/1598099/ 
View all 128 comments
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Two of their better under 20's and two prominent first graders. Seems they don't like paying air fares. But they are going to have a dinner to thank the CQ public, at $120 a head. They might be able to raise some jink to send a few players back. Dennis (name dropper) might know. 
StomperStains

StomperStains

With the Broncos propping up the Brisbane clubs, it simply endorses the second Brisbane club and puts an end to a CQ side. I thought Murph would be looking for some return on his investment more than just a pat on the back. 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Its amazing how the Capras keep getting such favourable press. Saturdays Courier stated the Capras where the surprise packet of the competition. How do thay work that out. One win is one win. Are they further advanced then this time last season. I don't think so. 
StomperStains

StomperStains

Guru, you need to get your facts right. I think their first bye was later in the season last year. 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Maybe i am being a bit harsh Stomper. Its just that i don't share Keeffes vision. Interesting that the "Confraternity of Brothers" is a new player in the NRL bid arena. That will confuse a couple of Capras junior coaches who currently direct all juniors to the Bronks. May erode the Brothers/Bronks old school tie. 
CQItalia

CQItalia

Dean Blackman selected on the bench this week after returning from Sydney Roosters/Newtown. 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Can we get a ruling fron (name dropper) Dennis Keefee. The Capras are now last. The decision to sign Hetherington was a master stroke. The season gets worse from here on. They will start dropping out like flies. The silence is amazing. 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Jason Hetherington was on the news to-night lamenting the fact that East's fielded 6 Storm contracted players against the Capras. Paul White was on the same news explaining that the Bronks and Capras had a feeder relationship. Someone is not telling someone. Round 8 and not one player has been sent back. Scott Prince in Mondays Morning Bulletin raves on about the game in CQ. He wouldn't have a clue. The Bronks continue to play lip service to the Capras. Also in Mondays Bulletin Dennis Keffee continues to give himself a wrap. 
StomperStains

StomperStains

How long before the Murph beans run out? 
CQItalia

CQItalia

well the Capras are getting among the highest home crowds in the comp. Just to bring some positives to the thread. Last week about 8 players were 23 years or young in 2013.

A few articles this week:

http://www.queenslandtelegraph.com/capras-team-for-sea-swift-challenge-against-northern-pride-in-gladstone/

http://www.queenslandtelegraph.com/cowboys-stars-set-to-saddle-up-against-capras/

Should be a big crowd in Gladstone saturday night (if the rain goes away) with the 47th battalion shield played Saturday and Sunday there with 300+ players expected

CQItalia

CQItalia

MAIN GAME 6pm - CAPRAS V NORTHERN PRIDE !

BE SOME DEADLY FOOTBALL IN GLADSTONE .. ALL ROADS LEAD TO THE HOME OF RUGBY LEAGUE IN GLADSTONE, MARLEY BROWN !!!!

47th Battalion Trophy Carnival
Men's Pool A : Central Highlands, Rockhampton, Toowoomba
Men's Pool B : Gladstone, Bundaberg, Sunshine Coast
Women's : Bundaberg, Sunshine Coast, Capras, Mustangs
Under 20s : Gladstone, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Central Highlands

Field 1 : Marley Brown
Field 2 : Main Junior Field With Big Grandstand
Field 3 : Bottom Field at Juniors

Gates open at 9.30am Saturday and Sunday $6 entry and both ticket boxes open both at seniors and juniors. $10 entry from 4pm Saturday for Capras game, so come out early and watch the Raiders play Bundy then the Intrust Super Cup...

SATURDAY, 11th May
10.30am Gladstone v Sunny Coast (Men's) Field 1 Marley Brown
Central Highlands v Toowoomba (Men's) Field 2
Mustangs v Sunshine Coast Field 3

11.45am Capras v Bundaberg (Women's) Field 2
Gladstone v Central Highlands (U20s) Field 1
Rockhampton v Bundaberg (U20s) Field 3

1pm Bundaberg v Sunshine Coast (Men's) Field 2
Rockhampton v Toowoomba (Men's) Field 1

2.15pm Bundaberg v Sunshine Coast (Women's) Field 1
Central Highlands v Bundaberg (U20s) Field 3
Gladstone v Rockhampton (U20s) Field 2

3.30pm Rockhampton v Central Highlands (Men's) Field 3
Mustangs v Capras (Women's) Field 2

4pm Gladstone v Bundaberg (Men's) MARLEY BROWN

6pm CQ CAPRAS v Northern Pride

SUNDAY
10am Bundaberg v Mustang (Women's) Field 2
Capras v Sunshine Coast (Women's) Field 1

11.15am Gladstone v Bundaberg (U20) Field 1
Central Highlands v Rockhampton (U20) Field 2

12.30pm 47th Battalion Men's Final (MARLEY BROWN)

1.45pm Presentations and Rep team announced...

Bar operating at Marley Brown on Saturday and Sunday and Canteen available at both venues on both days... 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Is amazing how the new Capras draw no criticism. Dennis Keffee and co implemented all the changes that we apparently needed to have. The result is they have gone backwards. A coach who we needed to have who is away on origin duty (who is continually happy with the effort, for no results).The appluase is deafining. 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

The results don't lie, Champ. There is no need to distort them in anyway. I am sure Jason can handle a little "factual" criticsm. 
int

int

Congrats to the boys on the weekend against Burleigh. Cameron Munster great try! Hope we back it up this week against Easts. 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

"What's to applaud". The CQ NRL bid team took over the whole shooting gallery and promised the world (aka Dennis Keeffe). Told us everything needed changing. Comets still remain at the bottom of the ladder, second last. Yet they remain immune to the criticism that was heaped on the last regime, that they told us had to go. "What's to applaud". 
Iand

Iand

LeagueGuru....
Silence is deafening. 
Iand

Iand

LeagueGuru....
Silence is deafening. 
Iand

Iand

Leaguekeith???? 
Iand

Iand

Leaguenoidea??? 
LeagueGuru

LeagueGuru

Sorry Champ I've been away. Did I miss something. The Capras are still tenth out of twelve aren't they. But then if you think thats an improvement? 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181