The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 sunshine coast rugby league comp

TheObserver

TheObserver

Looks like i will start it this year ,I'm bored and ready to start the banter.

2 years ago i was confident and got the form wrong .This year I'm very confident , but form varies with player injuries and movement .

I wont post prices just what i think the teams will level out at, and on lines with team up or down ratings .

KAWANA steady apparently short on numbers , will be a young team
GYMPIE steady

NOOSA Up on last year the big improver

CABOOLTURE down on last year ,player drain
MAROOCHYDORE up if the Rossie boys go up to A grade
CALOUNDRA down a touch player drain
SEA EAGLES i think will struggle at this level even

NAMBOUR I'm not keen on player drain

There will be the customary blockage from 4th to 7th place i think a clear last place . The top three may have a little breathing space form 4-7th place as always injuries and player movements may dictate the outcomes of some games.

I could be wrong about the Sea Eagles , but i not backing them.

This will be a cracker of a year ,with multiple NRL experience players playing . I will leave the banter of coaches and the assistant coaches , and player signings until i see the signatures . :rolls: 
View all 28 comments
pandkmurphy

pandkmurphy

All local clubs should stand together collectively against Cordwells do as i say attitude this will be the only way our juniors will stay on the coast. Shame on Bribie for jumping in bed with this fellow
The coast will never go forward while this fellow and his hand picked mates on the board are in control 
TheObserver

TheObserver

[QUOTE=Banga's;1481875]As far as i know observer they won't be even training at bribe.

they will be playing home games or every second home game at kawana.

this has been a very sea eagle dominated process with a sink or swim attitude been handed to bribe and beewah, with beewah choosing to sink.

bribie even get the honour to fund this side including paying first grade!![/QUOTE]

I'm all for in principle of the Sea Eagles playing in the local comp , but if Bribie has to fund it they should have all the home games at Bribie. If they share costs 1/2 well half the home games .I can see why they have done it as they have , to save that junior base at Bribie .

If i were Bribie i would play C grade until i had the numbers to stand alone as Beerwah have , whats wrong with C grade , there are some good footballers running around in that comp. To me it's about saving the club , good times and a great day out for the supporters and juniors to watch there seniors.

Why fund a senior comp that is not your own that is not playing at your home base or training there ,to me its a recipe for $$$$ drain , propping up the Sea Eagles .

There has to be a better option for Bribie. 
mick.mds

mick.mds

Bribie were going to go it alone and we had already selected a committee, had sponsors everything with a massive amount of ex players committed to come back until every one found out the deal with the sea eagles.
this was a forced merger for either berwah or Bribie, both clubs were told they either join them or they are out for season 2013 and beyond.
in the end the committee decided they had no option and then the shaman agama begun, believe me, a lot of piss off ex warrigals 
pandkmurphy

pandkmurphy

Typical cordwell style. Sunnycoast can't move forward while he is there I feel for all the current players and upcoming juniors because the guy knows nothing about the modern game. U only have to see him on tv you shake your head. It's so frustrating 
JorgeHoratio

JorgeHoratio

Aplogies for the unknown but was wondering why the mass exodus of coach and players from last years Bribie team? Was it that the A Grade level was too difficult? I wondered because alot of Bribies A grade team last year where players from other clubs so i was interested to know how there were enough players for Bribie to confidently enter a team again into A grade this year prior to the alignment. I agree with the observer, it would have been a better idea to play them C grade and build the club back up but i guess the idea to advertise a "pathway" for their juniors may have been a mitigating factor in their decision?????? 
debraomeara

debraomeara

bribie island rugby league will not be paying the first grade team nor has it ever been suggested,maybe the facts should be checked before posting many other claims in above posts are also incorrect , some appear to come from people with an axe to grind. 
mick.mds

mick.mds

Don't bullshit mate, it was one of the main issues raised that deterred all the boys from coming back.
sea eagles are going to use and abuse the bribie club, you lot had the chance to put a good a grade team back on the paddock, I was one coming back until the initial agm minutes were shown to all boys.
next year would have been even bigger with confirmed talks for top line coaches and players agreeing to come up to bribie from Brisbane but it won't happen now, it was all for bribie, not for the sea eagles. 
mick.mds

mick.mds

You see Jorge, bribie is a funny place, it all depends on who is at the club as to what players they get, they lost the whole a grade side from last year but I can tell you that we had a side coming down that would have walloped the sea eagles fog side any day and put bribie back to the top of the ladder, all for love of the club, not back door schemes designed with wrong intentions or alliegences. 
JorgeHoratio

JorgeHoratio

Bangas, I am starting to get that impression as a local footy observer, I have always wondered why it blows hot and cold over there. Almost every year they have a new coach and new players but it seems there is a core group of Bribie people passionate enough to put in the hard work and play for as you say the love of the game but they have to pick up pieces every one or two years. From what i heard last year, it was not a happy place between seniors and juniors becuase of involvement of some people and the relationships have always been a bit strained. The junior team numbers at Bribie are dropping too and other local clubs are picking up their kids so maybe this was an idea to instill confidence in the club direction for their strong junior base to stop the naysayers and potential unrest over the coming years?? I feel with a stranglehold they have on a fairly large population considering other junior clubs, they should be doing alot more for their players, this may have been an idea/approach but i think will backfire and hurt the club more. From my perspective, I have to wonder how many of these back room deals take place considering the standing of certain people on certain committees with influence, and it defeats the purpose of the clubs who do the hard yards to have others receive deals delivered this way. Oh well, thats my two cents 
mick.mds

mick.mds

Pretty much on the spot, pity you know and they don't... 
JorgeHoratio

JorgeHoratio

Whats happening with the C Grade comp this year. Are they accepting Caboolture, Maroochydore this year? 
JorgeHoratio

JorgeHoratio

Bangas, Ive been around a few years and have always been interested in the make up of the league. I have a big interest in the juniors but having been involved in seniors as well, it gives a nice insight into what is a strange set up. I know people who will never return there and it is a shame as i remember workign at bribie years ago and the local support was unbelievable. I am hopeful over the coming years to see a pathway for our local juniors, i doubt this set up will make Bribie anymore attractive, as it is one that has been done without due diligence. I have not alot of time for the committee of Bribie juniors as there are a few eggs there that due to having pretty much a stranglehold of junior numbers that there club is sacrosanct. In fact, the club (juniors) has been having a downward spiral for the last 3 years. They are just lucky to have the population and distance between other clubs. 
mick.mds

mick.mds

No a grade teams are allowed to enter a team in c grade

no a grade player in the last twelve months is allowed to register in c grade including reggies or 18's 
mick.mds

mick.mds

They will survive but would be great to see the glory days return.

they as a club underestimated what the return of caboolture would do... 
JorgeHoratio

JorgeHoratio

Thats what i thought, only issue is i have heard in the last week that Caboolture and Maroochydore as well as Kawana where looking to be let back in! 
JorgeHoratio

JorgeHoratio

Oh for sure, dont get me wrong, wasnt ringing the death knell there lol.

Just this year from u7's to U16's they only have 14 or 15 teams, in days gone by it would have been two teams in most grades so yes while they will always be there, it was more a push as to why is it struggling. Can you enlighten me on the last bit of your comment
regarding return of Caboolture, i wasnt aware they were out of it? Excuse my uneducated mind lol.

Hope all is well 
mick.mds

mick.mds

Caboolture were not in the a grade comp for around ten years when bribie,stanley rivers and beewah were at their peak.
they returned in around 07. Bribie and beewah had the chance to stop it but didn't.
since then the seniors have been in a lot of trouble.
beewah are gone, bribie a grade is gone, Stanley rivers are gone...

juniors grow up watching their dads play, they want to play for their dads club, when their dads don't play because they no longer have a club to play at, the juniors will go to where their mates play and that happens to be caboolture.

The only benefit from this is that the juniors caboolture have to turn away are now seeming to go to Beachmere...

not saying that caboolture shouldn't be in the comp but I think that there needs to be area selection zones brought into place to level it all out... 
mick.mds

mick.mds

Will be interesting. 
JorgeHoratio

JorgeHoratio

From what your saying it shows a little bit that being biggest is in some ways seen as the best option. I for one if i was Bribie and Beerwah would have done alot more to prevent the monopoly. From the geographic breakdown there, players would have been spread out to Bribie, Stanley & beerwah as its a fair distance to travel if you dont live in the areas, as opposed to having Caboolture central to all those and sucking players inwards.

From what ive seen and heard, Beachmere junior club is prospering, Old Bernie was wanting to merge that club with Bribie many years ago because they werent growing. Seems that has changed alot and kudos to their committee i guess, my mate promotes them pretty heavily and they have 9 teams this year. As you say though, if there isnt a steady pathway for them, it is hard. From what i know its players leaving Caboolture due to issues other than Caboolture turning them away, moreso players wanting to play with mates from highschool, get more game time and the perceived issues over there, it cant hurt with there low rego cost either lol. My mates son is Caboolture and another at Beachmere, I hear good things from him but not the Caboolture mate

Area selections zones,,,interesting whats your take on that? 
TheObserver

TheObserver

The bait was put out to lure you , you know something post it , Don't say we don't know the facts . All i'm getting is a picture Bribie are very unhappy .Post what you know.It can then be debated .It dosn't affect me ,just i'd like the correct story laid out . 
JorgeHoratio

JorgeHoratio

That would be good if we all knew. That way inconsistent reports can be removed or forgotten. 
mick.mds

mick.mds

No concern to big shows statement, I personally read a copy of the minutes.
still a joke that the a grade squad isn't even training at bribe.

postives are that their reggies look strong and are a good chance at that title, as long as there isn't too much in house fighting by years end, good luck warri gals reggies and 18's 2013 
TheObserver

TheObserver

A few updates on trial games, Nambour played the fogs team in a trial because Noosa pulled out with a lack of numbers i'm assuming that was Bribie ,Nambour won 8-0 in a shortened game . Nambour play kawana tonight in a trial .

Noosa played Maroochydore in all three grades and had wins , 18s had a big win 40 -6 or near abouts reggies won 56-0 , and a grade won 26-18 in a very close grinding game , the premier isn't coming from this game . I know both teams were without players.

Not up to Caboolture ,kawana or Gympie standard but i havnt seen there teams this year.

The Cutters also played the Stags and won 26-18 or very close to that score . 
mick.mds

mick.mds

Nambour played bribe reggies with 3 a grade players thrown who we're only a detriment to the team imo 
TheObserver

TheObserver

Noosa win pre season comp defeating Bribie or the fogs sunshine coast eagles which ever you would like to call them , and so goes the we want to make a statement from the coach of Bribie . That team from Noosa wasn't there strongest , it is preseason there are still 6-8 or more players yet to show interest and play . They get nothing for playing and a chance to get injured ,no points for winning .
The Gympie team i watched at Noosa was no where near there A grade team , there reggies got beat 72nil and that was half time the game was called off . A grade was a disgrace they used plenty of reggies , they were unfit and partied the night before , so there goes there attitude towards preseason comps.

With the Sea Eagles Q-Cup team having plenty of injuries and calling up Bribie players i can not see Bribie challenging at all , i would assume they would be the team to beat in preseason comps as they start training months before everyone else .

Now the season proper starts . 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
ALX21 - RD 20 ResultsBroncos: J.Nikorima goal
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181