The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Parramatta Legend Ron Boden

KHemsleyrulz

KHemsleyrulz

Hi there folks, just wondering if any of you RL history buffs out there would happen to know where former test and Parramatta player Ron Boden played before coming up to Toowoomba in 1958 - all I have been able to find so far is that was somewhere in western NSW?

Don't need to know which exact club it was, just which town/city he was originally graded with? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
slip

slip

As a Parramatta historian I can only find the following -

Toowoomba centre, originally from Western NSW, played for Queensland against NZ in 1959 before touring with the 1959-60 Kangaroos. Boden appeared in 13 matches on tour (no Tests) and was signed by P’matta on his return. He represented NSW in his first season in Sydney and partnered Reg Gasnier in three Tests against France. A nuggetty type and a sound defender, Boden was selected in Australia's World Cup squad in 1960 but although Australia’s campaign in France was unsuccessful, he played in a 'Rest of the World' team against Great Britain at the end of the series. He was P’matta captain-coach in 1961.

http://player-discussion.2305388.n4.nabble.com/file/n4030712/Rugby_League_Players.jpg

Even my book, Parramatta - Quest for Glory published in 1986, does not say where abouts in western NSW Ron Boden is from. Do you know my website has over 1,000 pictures and I have never found a Ron Boden picture. 
KHemsleyrulz

KHemsleyrulz

Hey that's a cool website Slip - I may need further info from you on other Parra players in the future, so don't go too far away...

Yes, finding the relevant information on Ron Boden has been quite a difficult task thus far... 
slip

slip

Thanks mate. 2 years in the making!!! :8 
Canty

Canty

Coonamble 
Bodystylist

Bodystylist

Hi. Ron Boden is my father. Feel free to contact me and I can help with your search for information. :) 
Bodystylist

Bodystylist

Ron Boden is my father. Hopefully I can help with information needed 
KHemsleyrulz

KHemsleyrulz

Hi, I just saw this response to my original listing - any help you could give me would be very greatly appreciated!

I am after a detailed list of his playing career (i.e clubs that he played for and the years that he played there).

If you could help me with that, please let me know.

Cheers 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181