rleague.com

What's with Hayne?

TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Plenty of marketing value.
Also plenty of try assists. 
slip

slip

You left out the key factor - rubbish coach! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He also gives the telegraph plenty to write about. Remember shopping-gate :lol: 
annav3

annav3

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd Nine News Sydney ‏@9NewsSyd

Good news for https://twitter.com/TheParraEels @TheParraEels fans! https://twitter.com/jarrydhayne_1 @jarrydhayne_1 is on the verge of re-singing a multi-million dollar contract 
zepha75

zepha75

Anna, there was no doubt in my deluded mind :D 
slip

slip

I had an ordinary day, this will make up for it, if true. And sucked in Panthers! lol 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Multi-million dollar contract?

That would mean at least 2 million - could he be getting Thurston kind of money? 
alchemist

alchemist

doubt it... but Hayne is still only 25, is Parramatta's best player and with the increase to the salary cap, i would think he would be looking at something like a 4 year, $3 million deal at this point (give or take a couple hundred thousand dollars) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Will an announcement be made outside Parramatta Town Hall ;) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

No.
That's Morts' special place. 
alchemist

alchemist

if Dugan is attracting offers of $600-650K a season, then Hayne is most definitely worth over $700K a season 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I thought the parra CEO likes to celebrate :) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

That was the old CEO who loved getting his gigantic fat head on TV.
I didn't even know what our new CEO looked like until he was pointed out to me at Parra Leagues the other week.
Definitely has a smaller head. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Still can't imagine anyone would pay that much for Dugan.
Even without his troubles he hasn't exactly set the world alight on the field (not consistently anyway). 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I think we would as we are desperate and since we can't attract anyone to come we are destined to pay overs :( 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

We pay overs and still can't get anyone to come.
Honestly, how many clubs are trying to get Dugan? So many have said they don't want him....couldn't be more than a couple. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

the rumors I have heard is dragons and Titans :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

it is what the Raiders are supposedly paying him and they are compiling their black book on Dugan's misdemeanours to send to the NRL... so they are fully aware of his issues and still paid him that sort of money 
alchemist

alchemist

talk is 3 clubs are interested - Broncos, Dragons and Titans... although why the Titans would be interested considering they have Zillman tied down to a long deal is beyond me 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

if a club does not sign him for what the raiders were paying him does that mean he counts on their salary cap? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I would guess that his contract with the Raiders has been voided after breaking protocol.
He may have received a payout from Canberra (I doubt it by the way it's been handled) but he wouldn't be under their cap any more. 
alchemist

alchemist

unless they sign someone for the rest of the season, i doubt it matters... i think the Raiders will be more interested into whether they have to pay out anything to the Prince of alcopops

as for next year, i doubt it will count to their cap --> Dugan wasn't released, his contract was terminated to my understanding 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I wonder why the amounts are so high been thrown about then? is NRL making clubs pay market value for him? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

No.
That only happens when the Eels want to sign someone. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

and the dragons :lol:

Remember how they would not let us sign Gasnier for 50K :lol: 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181