a) Injured
b) Sooking
c) Was playing possum, but the knockout did not happen
d) Resting for the finals
e) Burnt out from last week 
View all 85 comments
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

after last weekend can you blame us considering that was our full strength team :lol: 
crow

crow

[h=1]Speaking up is just part and parcel of the job for captain Hayne[/h] Date March 29, 2013
[LIST]
[*]
[/LIST]
[h=3]Ian McCullough[/h]

Ricky Stuart has hit back at claims Jarryd Hayne is not the right man to captain Parramatta and wants the fullback to keep on talking to referees.
Hayne shares the captaincy with Reni Maitua and Tim Mannah, but has been given the task of conversing with the officials during games by Stuart.
Question marks were raised about the NSW star's suitability as skipper after he was involved in a running verbal battle with whistleblowers during the 31-18 loss to the Wests Tigers last Friday.
But coach Stuart insists Hayne is still growing into the role and has no problems with the way he speaks to officials.
''Like all of the great captains, he's http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/speaking-up-is-just-part-and-parcel-of-the-job-for-captain-hayne-20130328-2gxax.html# learning ,'' Stuart said. ''That situation last Friday was down to me. I am in to Jarryd about talking to referees and understanding what penalties are for.
''I've seen Johnathan Thurston, who's a great captain, find himself in deep water.
''The same goes for Darren Lockyer, Cameron Smith, and they're among the greats.''
Stuart has also checked with referees' chief Daniel Anderson to make sure his captain wasn't going over the top in his line of questioning.
''I have spoken to Daniel Anderson and he assures me Jarryd is not an aggressive person,'' he said.
''But it's his job to talk to referees.
''When you are 5-0 down in penalties and getting penalised for things they're getting away with, you can understand the frustration.'' Hayne has signed a two-year extension to his contract that will keep him at Parramatta until the end of the 2015 season.
The 25-year-old said he had no desire to play for another team and being captain was a major factor in the decision to stay.
Hayne admitted he was feeling the pressure against the Tigers but hopes to become as effective as inspirational former Eels skippers Nathan Hindmarsh and Nathan Cayless.
''On Friday, we were under the pump and I was out of my comfort zone,'' Hayne said.
''I've started to enjoy it more being a leader, and I am learning from my mistakes. Caylo and Hindy were real good at taking on pressure and keeping their cool.
''That is something I am trying to do. But it's a learning experience.''
Hayne's decision to re-sign is a huge boost for Stuart who has failed to entice a number of big-name players to the club such as Matt Scott and Greg Bird.
And the Test representative, who made his NRL debut in 2006, said he had no interest in playing elsewhere.
''My manager got the ball rolling. I didn't really have anything to do with the contract,'' he said.
''I trust him, so I just pinned the ears back and signed.''
Meanwhile, Eels centre Willie Tonga will undergo back surgery on Friday to repair a http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/speaking-up-is-just-part-and-parcel-of-the-job-for-captain-hayne-20130328-2gxax.html# bulging disc .
The representative star has not featured this season and is likely to be sidelined for up to three months. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I liked how Jarryd was talking to the refs in that game.
We were getting hammered and he was right to question them about some of those decisions.
The refs always give captains like Cam Smith the opportunity to talk through things....why wasn't Hayne afforded the same treatment? 
MrFourex

MrFourex

I think it's because Smith comes off as being intelligent..... 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
Hayne's an idiot...but he should be afforded the same courtesies as the other captains. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Yet they give Thaiday a fair go. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

make Sandow Captain that would be hilarious seeing Sandow trying to have a discussion with the ref :lol: 
zepha75

zepha75

It should be Mannah. Please not Sandow and I realise you would that :D 
slip

slip

All the Hayne basher's are having a go at him for questioning the ref. Most captains do that except for the gentleman approach of Cameron Smith, cause he plays in the best team and doesn't have too. 
zepha75

zepha75

I understandd your point, but Toovey was bad to refs and Manly was a great team. So, you reasoning isn't that valid. 
slip

slip

You had to mention a once off though! I agree, Toovey was a shocker which I have mentioned recently on the topic of approaching referees, but hey we are talking about Manly FFS, most arrogant whingers the game has seen. lol 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Did you see Thaiday complaining to the ref in tonight's game?
Not much different to what Hayne was doing. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

could not be as bad as the whinging and complaining Lyon does when talking to ref. 
slip

slip

Exactly! Hayne bashers are just jealous of his ability. Do you know that Hayne can switch off a light and jump into a bed with a hot babe before the light goes off! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

the Hayne bashes are all because of Gus. He gives us the ammo based on comments he makes during the telecast.

Hard to do that with Marshall, Smith, Cronk and Slater as he never criticizes them just has wank fests over them :lol:

We need to make our own criticisms on those players ;) 
zepha75

zepha75

Anything Gus says, I take it with a grain of salt, though Hayne being Captain I'm a bit concerned. 
alchemist

alchemist

Muhammad Ali fan, yes? 
alchemist

alchemist

i don't remember Hayne grabbing the ref's shirt 
slip

slip

I've heard the saying, but didn't know where from. 
MrChook

MrChook

I thought that was a Jack Gibson quote, just without the hot babe bit. 
alchemist

alchemist

Ali said it in the lead up to the 'Rumble in the Jungle'

slip

slip

I think you could be right, but who was Jack referring too? 
slip

slip

The way he carried on, you'd think he was a preacher. Hallelujah brother! 
MrChook

MrChook

Had to look it up...

[LIST]
[*]That guy is so quick, he can switch off the light and get into bed before the room is dark.
[LIST]
[*]Gibson making an assessment on fast winger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Ettingshausen Andrew Ettingshausen during his summary of a match on television.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jack_Gibson

There are some great ones form Jack on there. 
slip

slip

Had to be ET. No way could it of been Sterlo. :P 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I'm sure Thaiday was just trying to kill a bee that was on him or something.
Nice guy that Thaiday. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181